Favorite Drink on Royal???

I just tried to order the ultimate pkg online but the terms and conditions said all members in cabin over 21 must purchase.

I would call royal directly and speak to someone because the rule I believed has changed, website might not be updated properly.

I just tried to order the ultimate pkg online but the terms and conditions said all members in cabin over 21 must purchase.

I would concur with At Sea. I called RC and arranged the drink packages over the phone, and had no problem getting an Ultimate package for myself and a Royal Replenish for my husband.

The rules recently changed. Only one person in a cabin is required to purchase the drink package. RCI finally responded to the complaints from people who refused to purchase the package at the exhorbitant rates for two. Call Royal directly and make your purchase; maybe the site hasn't been updated yet.

twisted screwdriver with dessert pear. It was on the menu at the English Pub on the Explorer the crown and something... I forgot the name of the place sorry.

Kettle & cork. And I'll be there in 8 days.. sounds delish I'll have to try that. Love anything pear!

My favourite would have to be the Mango Lava Flow.

Also up there is the Butterball, but I have only found that in the Champagne Bar on Radiance. It contains Kahlua, Baileys, Butterscotch Schnapps & something else (alcoholic) that I can't remember served over ice. Very alcoholic but beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...
It's an Oreo Shake if I remember correctly. Non alcoholic but still pretty good.

I'll definitely try a martini in May

Add a shot of vodka to make it an oreo martini...

Bumping this a bit as I was going to start a similar thread...

My favorite drinks right now contain sweet tea vodka and I don't think Royal stocks it :( so looking for something else.

Anyone know if blueberry schnapps and blue curacao are stocked?!

Espresso Martini.....a shot of espresso mixed with vanilla vodka and a little bit of Kahlua. It's my favorite evening drink. The challenging part is finding a bar with or near an espresso machine.

Oh my goodness Paul, that sounds really good! I had a Chocolate Kiss Martini on the Explorer and it was probably the best drink I've ever had on a cruise ship. It had Kahlua and 2 or 3 other liqueurs in it. It tasted like a Thin Mint from the Girl Scout cookies. OMGosh....the best. Yours sounds quite yummy. I will try it on the next round. Thanks for your post.

:D

Edited by Esmerelda

Oh my goodness Paul, that sounds really good! I had a Chocolate Kiss Martini on the Explorer and it was probably the best drink I've ever had on a cruise ship. It had Kahlua and 2 or 3 other liqueurs in it. It tasted like a Thin Mint from the Girl Scout cookies. OMGosh....the best. Yours sounds quite yummy. I will try it on the next round. Thanks for your post.

:D

OOOO I am going on Ex!!! This sounds right up my alley!!! Hope they still can make it and don't just pucker up at me :)

For those asking what is available or what is in that drink, I think this: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/ is exceptionally helpful.

For me, drinks are a time of day thing. Ultimate Bloody Mary early, Long Island poolside, martinis before and during dinner and a high end bourbon, like Bookers in a brandy glass to settle things before more in the evening. My wife and I will be on Grandeur in April and are getting the premium package. I want to branch out a bit into the classics like I used to see served at my Grandparents/Parent Parties; things like Manhattans, Gibsons, Sidecars and the like. I am one of those OCD cruise over planners, so among other things in "the folder" is the drink menu linked above, converted to a word doc so my wife and I can take a "creative" approach to the drink package.

Espresso Martini.....a shot of espresso mixed with vanilla vodka and a little bit of Kahlua. It's my favorite evening drink. The challenging part is finding a bar with or near an espresso machine.

Nice! I have an espresso machine and may have to try that at home!

A great question, and I goofed, not specifying the type of martini. There are two types, and if I just asked for a martini........it would be made with gin.

So, I should add, that I like a vodka martini. So, a dry......is no vermouth, dirty.......is adding a bit of olive juice, add olives, so there you have a dry, dirty martini.

I like mine with Ketel One vodka, no vermouth, with a bit of green olive juice, over the rocks (ice) in a double old fashion glass.

If the ship has it, I prefer my olives stuffed with blue cheese.:)

I hope this answers your question...........and, because it's just a couple of days away.........a Very Happy New Year!!

Rick

Good descriptions! I always have to chuckle when someone asks what's in a martini - if its "dry" as you say, it essentially translates to chilled gin, or chilled vodka, depending... Not truly a "mixed drink" at all, there's no mixer! :)

Could you get that with the package? I thought Patron was excluded? Or because it is under $10 is it ok?

I think patron is excluded.

I don't think they have a list by name of excluded liquors, only the $10 limit. So I don't see how they can exclude Patron if its posted price on the menu is $10 or less - and if its more you just pay the extra which can't be much.

For those asking what is available or what is in that drink, I think this: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/ is exceptionally helpful.

Ah, that is a good resource! From that site:

“PATRON PERFECT MARGARITA” (Patron Reposado tequila, Patron Citronge liqueur, Island Oasis margarita, orange juice)

If that quoted price is correct, than it definitely SHOULD be included in the drink package.

Edited by LetsGetWet!