2-3 dashes Angostura bitters

Maraschino cherry for garnish

Sazerac:

3 oz rye whiskey

3/4 oz simple syrup

Peychaud bitters to taste

absinthe or absinthe substitute

Lemon twist for garnish

The problem is they always try to make them with bourbon, rather than rye. Makes them way too sweet! And they have red cherries instead of real maraschino cherries...

Most of your pre-prohibition drinks are whiskey based, and are the "classic" cocktails. The rest are typically gin based. Vodka and rum fruit bombs are a relatively recent thing...

Whiskey is too strong for me lol

I bought the Premium Package on my last cruise (over Thanksgiving). It was a perfect opportunity to try many different drinks. But, my favorite remains the Long Island: equal parts tequila, vodka, gin, rum, triplesec, sweet & sour, topped with splash of coke. I did notice not all bar tenders on board included the tequila -- I had to be sure to specify (One bar tender said it was against RCI policy to serve any drink with more than 4 spirits in a glass --- odd, since it's not a Long Island without all the ingredients :0 ) . I had a great time, and definitely recommend the drink packages for 4 or 5 nite cruises ... For longer cruises think I would tire out by day 6.

I bought the Premium Package on my last cruise (over Thanksgiving). It was a perfect opportunity to try many different drinks. But, my favorite remains the Long Island: equal parts tequila, vodka, gin, rum, triplesec, sweet & sour, topped with splash of coke. I did notice not all bar tenders on board included the tequila -- I had to be sure to specify (One bar tender said it was against RCI policy to serve any drink with more than 4 spirits in a glass --- odd, since it's not a Long Island without all the ingredients :0 ) . I had a great time, and definitely recommend the drink packages for 4 or 5 nite cruises ... For longer cruises think I would tire out by day 6.

Yea Long Island is my favorite drink and you're right it's not a Long Island without all the ingredients. I'll be watching the bartender on my cruise to make sure it's done correctly

I'm a martini novice! What's a dry dirty martini?

A great question, and I goofed, not specifying the type of martini. There are two types, and if I just asked for a martini........it would be made with gin.

So, I should add, that I like a vodka martini. So, a dry......is no vermouth, dirty.......is adding a bit of olive juice, add olives, so there you have a dry, dirty martini.

I like mine with Ketel One vodka, no vermouth, with a bit of green olive juice, over the rocks (ice) in a double old fashion glass.

If the ship has it, I prefer my olives stuffed with blue cheese.:)

I hope this answers your question...........and, because it's just a couple of days away.........a Very Happy New Year!!

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Can't tell you my favorite, since there are too many of them :D

Seriously though I've downloaded the drink menu someone posted & I'm planning on starting at one end & working my way across. I'll skip the margarita page though since I really don't like tequila.

I'm really looking forward to the frozen mojito & the cherry sangria, those 2 seem really popular

Edited by hansolosmom

Can't tell you my favorite, since there are too many of them :D

Seriously though I've downloaded the drink menu someone posted & I'm planning on starting at one end & working my way across. I'll skip the margarita page though since I really don't like tequila.

I'm really looking forward to the frozen mojito & the cherry sangria, those 2 seem really popular

Hahahahahahahahaha

Royal Caribbean makes, at least for my taste buds, one of the best Mojoto's.

Once onboard, and settled in, then it's off to either the Schooner bar or something inside that will make my favorite, with plenty of frest mint, that is muddled, and left in the glass.

I only have it once per cruise, as there are other drinks, such as a dry dirty martini that is my signature.:D

Rick

Mojitos are the best. I love a coconut mojito- they use coconut rum in place of regular rum. Coconut caipirinhas are good too if they know how to make them.

Love the Ultimate margarita! On the rocks-never frozen!:D Yum!

Tara

P.S. I also purchased the Ultimate drink package, so I am also trying to branch out.;)

P.P.S. It's made with Patron tequila.

Could you get that with the package? I thought Patron was excluded? Or because it is under $10 is it ok?

I'm usually a Margarita kind of gal (classic, with salt), but the Torched Cherry Sangria sounds absolutely delicious. It'll be the first thing I order when we get on Adventure in February!

The torched cherry sangria is slightly bitter. I love a torched cherry with coke and a splash of grenadine!

Favorite drink (and we tried plenty) was the frozen Mojito. Hands down. And my favorite bar to get one was the Trellis Bar on deck 8 in Central Park. Such a great people watching spot. And always a nice breeze blowing. Sometimes even have a bird or two flying around.