Escargot

Knapper

Escargot was on the every day side of the MDR menu on the Summit a couple of weeks ago. They needed more garlic for me.

Just off the Eclipse where I enjoyed them every night precisely because the garlic enhanced but did not overwhelm them. ;)

We just cruised on the Constellation a week and a half ago had it every night in Blu as an appetizer.

Glad to hear they are available in Blu now, they weren't on our last cruise. Are there other items from the MDR on the Blu always-available menu now?

Glad to hear they are available in Blu now, they weren't on our last cruise. Are there other items from the MDR on the Blu always-available menu now?

They aren't actually on the Blu menu but our waiter two weeks ago on Connie told us the 1st night that they were available....he did so before my DH, who loves them, even asked. We had them 3 out of 5 nights!!! First time they've been available to us for over a year and a half....

They aren't actually on the Blu menu but our waiter two weeks ago on Connie told us the 1st night that they were available....he did so before my DH, who loves them, even asked. We had them 3 out of 5 nights!!! First time they've been available to us for over a year and a half....

That is good service, I just ask when they are not on the menu. Sometimes they can provide them, sometimes not.:D

Glad to see they are back, on the Summit in Feb. I will be ordering 2 every night.

In all the times we have sailed, I always ordered 2 escargot at dinner. That didn't happen in Dec 2012 when we sailed on Eclipse, as the escargot were replaced with mushroom caps. I was happy to see escargot were available on our December 2013 sailing on Reflection. I ordered them the first night and the taste wasn't quite the same. The garlic was much lighter and as such, were a little bland for me. Just my personal taste. I didn't order them for the remainder of the cruise. I love escargot, so for me, glad to see them back, but I opted for the onion soup or an extra main course here and there.

Randy

In all the times we have sailed, I always ordered 2 escargot at dinner. That didn't happen in Dec 2012 when we sailed on Eclipse, as the escargot were replaced with mushroom caps. I was happy to see escargot were available on our December 2013 sailing on Reflection. I ordered them the first night and the taste wasn't quite the same. The garlic was much lighter and as such, were a little bland for me. Just my personal taste. I didn't order them for the remainder of the cruise. I love escargot, so for me, glad to see them back, but I opted for the onion soup or an extra main course here and there.

Randy

Some like them extra garlic others like the garlic to be minimal.:D

Just off the Eclipse where I enjoyed them every night precisely because the garlic enhanced but did not overwhelm them. ;)

That would be my preference, too, but these had no garlic flavor at all. I tried them the second time hoping that the first was an anomaly but they were the same.