I'm ready for some recent Silhouette Caribbean reviews!

micmacmissy

Hi-

We were on the Dec 15 sailing and had a great cruise. We were in Aqua class for the first time and enjoyed that a lot - well, mainly for Blu, not sure that any of the other perks made much difference. We were so busy we only got to visit Persian Gardens once so that was sort of a waste.

The live music was more fun than I remember in the past. We really liked the band Smart Casuals. And the other passengers' average age seemed younger or more mixed anyway. Maybe since we've done longer cruises and in the Med in the past, those itineraries have had an older group of pax.

We never had a problem finding a chair near the pool on sea days - maybe because I prefer shade. I did see pool butlers cleaning up towels that had been left on unused chaises for a while - that was nice to see.

That's a little lame as far as a "review" but it was a great week and we'd definitely book on the Silhouette again :)

Let me know if you have any questions. And have a wonderful cruise!

Leslie

Hi-

We were on the Dec 15 sailing and had a great cruise. We were in Aqua class for the first time and enjoyed that a lot - well, mainly for Blu, not sure that any of the other perks made much difference. We were so busy we only got to visit Persian Gardens once so that was sort of a waste.

The live music was more fun than I remember in the past. We really liked the band Smart Casuals. And the other passengers' average age seemed younger or more mixed anyway. Maybe since we've done longer cruises and in the Med in the past, those itineraries have had an older group of pax.

We never had a problem finding a chair near the pool on sea days - maybe because I prefer shade. I did see pool butlers cleaning up towels that had been left on unused chaises for a while - that was nice to see.

That's a little lame as far as a "review" but it was a great week and we'd definitely book on the Silhouette again :)

Let me know if you have any questions. And have a wonderful cruise!

Leslie

Thanks Leslie...that's not lame at all! And I'm so happy to hear there's good live music. We haven't been on Celebrity since 2007 and our favorite part was the live music in the lounges.

There was a good trio in the Ensemble Lounge - 3 women from hmm..maybe Italy? Their name is something with an M that I can't remember, sorry. But they were really interesting. We went there most nights before Blu. I'm sure my husband enjoyed watching them as much as listening to their music ;)

Not sure if you want info about the ports or ship .

WE were on the 15-22 dec . We have been to these ports before except Labadee. Loved Labadee as it was CC private Island. There are several beaches to choose from, we chose Nellies beach as the water was so calm.

Chairs are free and some shade from palm trees .Got off the ship as soon as it docked.

There is an artisan market down further and they have some good stuff there.

We loved the ship. Food was good in MDR. Got to know where to go for food in buffet that was good. Tried waffles for the first time, now I'm hooked:D.

Being as we only had a sea day going and coming, we didnt do a lot on board, so dont know how these activities worked out.

The theatre was for us dissapointing , music was awful on a few nights and impressionist did little to impress us, so left after 15 mins.We woldnt have gone except for the fact we had some first time cruisres with us. They loved it!

But we really had a good time and I'm sure you will also.

Danny Rodriguez was the guitarist on the 15th-22nd Silhouette. We talked to him a bit and he's from Tampa. We didn't ask how long he'd be on board. I believe it was the Mandragole Trio that played in the Ensemble Lounge. We enjoyed them in the evenings before Blu also.

We also agree that this cruise had a younger livelier vibe than our previous Celebrity cruises - perhaps because we've previously cruised Alaska and Norway. This was our first warm-weather cruise.

Would you happen to know who the current guitarist is, if any? Did you keep any dailies or the officers bios sheet? Thanks for posting.

Also on that cruise, Danny Rodriguez is the current guitarist. Have been to all the islands and was very impressed with the shopping area in Falmouth, very clean, safe and lots of stores. I was not a fan of the entertainment around the ship, they are changing things to a younger crowd, three DJs as far as I could tell but the smart casuals were good. Vivien Clement Jazz Quartet on board, Le Mandragola Trio as stated.

Wife did the zip line on Labadee,, loved it, I didn't do it as I had heart surgery recently.

Every night we attended classes on Ipad and Ipod in Celebrity Central, we are not experts but also not amateurs. 4:30P.M. every night except first night.

Edited by dkjretired

Hi Don,

Thanks. Happy to hear you had a good cruise. I cannot even imagine doing the zip line. :eek: Good for her. Not happy about what I have been hearing about the lack of live entertainment and many dj's. Just when I become Zenith, they change things on me.

Hope you are doing well after heart surgery. Hubby has heart problems, but cannot be operated on so we are hopeful that meds. will help him.

Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

Danny Rodriguez was the guitarist on the 15th-22nd Silhouette. We talked to him a bit and he's from Tampa. We didn't ask how long he'd be on board. I believe it was the Mandragole Trio that played in the Ensemble Lounge. We enjoyed them in the evenings before Blu also.

We also agree that this cruise had a younger livelier vibe than our previous Celebrity cruises - perhaps because we've previously cruised Alaska and Norway. This was our first warm-weather cruise.

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to the trio and the guitarist. Sadly, I am definitely not younger and livelier. :eek: Hopefully, Celebrity will not forget completely about those of us who are "of a certain age"

Thanks for the information. Looking forward to the trio and the guitarist. Sadly, I am definitely not younger and livelier. :eek: Hopefully, Celebrity will not forget completely about those of us who are "of a certain age"

Unfortunately they have, appear to be going for a younger crowd, no more acapella groups and the number of DJS surprised me.

Hi Don,

Thanks. Happy to hear you had a good cruise. I cannot even imagine doing the zip line. :eek: Good for her. Not happy about what I have been hearing about the lack of live entertainment and many dj's. Just when I become Zenith, they change things on me.

Hope you are doing well after heart surgery. Hubby has heart problems, but cannot be operated on so we are hopeful that meds. will help him.

Hope you have a happy and healthy new year.

Hope your husband has a healthy new year...Best wishes...For her 60th birthday she decided to jump out of a plane, sent a picture to Lois who we have cruised with.....

Edited by dkjretired

We're in our 30s, and cruised first with Celebrity in our 20's. We dislike DJs, discos, etc. Prefer piano bar, jazz, live music and a quieter vibe.

Last time we sailed on Royal Caribbean and the lack of live music was disappointing...I guess we're older at heart because the loud stuff doesn't appeal to us!

The theatre was for us dissapointing , music was awful on a few nights and impressionist did little to impress us, so left after 15 mins.We woldnt have gone except for the fact we had some first time cruisres with us. They loved it!

But we really had a good time and I'm sure you will also.

I remember the theatre shows being pretty awful on Mercury and Millennium...we'll probably skip those, or get aisle seats in the back for a quick exit. We are also going with first time cruisers so want to be sure they get to experience it all!

Would love to see daily newsletters if anyone has them!

I remember the theatre shows being pretty awful on Mercury and Millennium...we'll probably skip those, or get aisle seats in the back for a quick exit. We are also going with first time cruisers so want to be sure they get to experience it all!

Would love to see daily newsletters if anyone has them!

I enjoyed the theater shows, the singers and dancers were excellent. The only probem I had with them was the last one. The talent was there and good (acrobat, ladder guy, comedy, juggler) but the music was really, really weird.

All of us really enjoyed Silhouette: The Show, music and all! It had a constantly moving and changing flow to the show and I thought the music fit the action on stage. Please don't miss that show, it was the best of the cruise!

One of the DJs we really enjoyed was DJ Coolomas up in the sky lounge. When we first got up there, he was playing an electric violin or fiddle along with the music - we all loved it! ("We" are DH and myself, mid-50s, and 2 DSs, mid-late 20s.) As more people arrived and the dance floor filled up he put the instrument away, but I kept hoping he'd bring it out again. He had green lights on the instrument that just added extra flair. I wish I had video to share.

Yes, five shows during the week, did not make it myself, was usually asleep by then, maybe next time.

Don't feel bad. Most of the passengers were asleep by 10 pm. They were resting up for Bingo in the morning.

We got front row center seats. You get to be in the show whether you like it or not.

It's funny - the ship is big enough and with so many things to do we never even came across a DJ except one time on the last sea day out by the pool. So I don't think there was a lack in live music or too many DJs. I kind of even forgot about the Sky Lounge! Ha, will have to book again and make more of an effort to explore everywhere. Part of the problem is we are early-to-bed folks and missed out on a lot by being asleep by 10 every night :o

micmacmissy - we're in our 40s and aren't into discos or loud music either but trust me that's not the vibe of the ship. We did one RC cruise a few years back and that's how that felt -- a lot more 'active' at night which might be a good or bad thing depending on what one wants. We like the Celebrity product and I think you'll find what you're looking for as far as more laid-back music options.

We're in our 30s, and cruised first with Celebrity in our 20's. We dislike DJs, discos, etc. Prefer piano bar, jazz, live music and a quieter vibe.

Last time we sailed on Royal Caribbean and the lack of live music was disappointing...I guess we're older at heart because the loud stuff doesn't appeal to us!

It will be interesting to see how many younger people feel as you do. I hope Celebrity is watching carefully.

Thank you all for some of the recent info on the Silhouette Caribbean sailings. Going on my first Celebrity cruise in 18 days and have been waiting for a little of this feedback, especially regarding the shows and music. I'm bringing my parents on their first cruise and want to find the best venues to hang out. Luckily we have three sea days so lots of down time to explore.

If anyone has Dailies or menus I'd love to see them!