Coco Cay kayak rental question

We'll be going to Coco Cay in February during a cruise on the Enchantment. I know we can be part of a kayaking touring group while at Coco Cay, but has anyone been able to just rent a single kayak for an hour or two to be able to go out on your own? Thanks!

(I also posted this at Ports of Call, Bahamas, but haven't gotten any answers yet. I'm an impatient sort.) :)

We'll be going to Coco Cay in February during a cruise on the Enchantment. I know we can be part of a kayaking touring group while at Coco Cay, but has anyone been able to just rent a single kayak for an hour or two to be able to go out on your own? Thanks!

(I also posted this at Ports of Call, Bahamas, but haven't gotten any answers yet. I'm an impatient sort.) :)

Our experience is that there are only two person kayaks and their rules are two persons to a kayak. DW was able to have them make an exception once but she said it was too difficult trying to paddle it herself so wouldn't try that again.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and did the wave runner tour...it was a blast. Walked past the kayak booth but didn't stop.

According to post #5 on this thread, yes you can.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1893197

My hubby did the wave runner tour last year, during our Monarch cruise, and he had a blast too. This year he was thinking of kayaking, so the thread you referenced answers my question. Thanks!

Our experience is that there are only two person kayaks and their rules are two persons to a kayak. DW was able to have them make an exception once but she said it was too difficult trying to paddle it herself so wouldn't try that again.

Thank you. I knew the kayaks used for the group tour were two person kayaks, but I didn't realize those were the only kind available. Good to know. I'll let him know he would have to go solo in a two person kayak; I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to kayaking........

Kayaks are available for private rental in 30 or 60 minute increments at Coco Cay. DD & I wanted to be part of a group, but it was filled, and were told you didn't have to be part of a group to rent kayaks. There were several people in line with us renting kayaks.

We were told we could kayak as far as the neighboring island. It really isn't that far away.

Enjoy and have a good time!

We were told we could kayak as far as the neighboring island. It really isn't that far away.

Enjoy and have a good time!

Thanks for the tip about the neighboring island. We'll have to look for it. Can't wait to go back to Coco Cay again; we loved going there last year.