receiving email from celebrity re:booked cruise RANT

herbanrenewal

I'm leaving tomorrow for a cruise to South America. Fortunately I have been on the roll call thread, since through that I have heard of emails sent regarding our cruise - change in registration time, availability of a shuttle into town.

I called Celebrity today to verify the information I will need on Saturday, and to see why I am not getting these emails.

After waiting on hold for 40 minutes I was disconnected, then called again and waited for 38 minutes before I talked to an extremely unfriendly associate. (Rant one)

She told me the reason I was not receiving emails was that I gave them an invalid email address. When I asked for the address I realized that they were combining the email addresses for me and my friend that I am traveling with.

She said they can only have one email address per reservation per stateroom. They certainly have accepted two separate accounts, billed to two different emails, sent receipts to two different emails, but they can only send pertinent emails regarding our cruise to one??? and they combined both causing neither of us to get the information. Wasn't the presence of @yahoo and @gmail an indication that there were two separate email addresses?

What if I didn't belong to CC roll call - We would have missed pertinent information.

Thank God for Cruise Critic - not only a source of vital information, but allowing me to vent so I can let it go, and get into cruise mode.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a cruise to South America. Fortunately I have been on the roll call thread, since through that I have heard of emails sent regarding our cruise - change in registration time, availability of a shuttle into town.

I called Celebrity today to verify the information I will need on Saturday, and to see why I am not getting these emails.

After waiting on hold for 40 minutes I was disconnected, then called again and waited for 38 minutes before I talked to an extremely unfriendly associate. (Rant one)

She told me the reason I was not receiving emails was that I gave them an invalid email address. When I asked for the address I realized that they were combining the email addresses for me and my friend that I am traveling with.

She said they can only have one email address per reservation per stateroom. They certainly have accepted two separate accounts, billed to two different emails, sent receipts to two different emails, but they can only send pertinent emails regarding our cruise to one??? and they combined both causing neither of us to get the information. Wasn't the presence of @yahoo and @gmail an indication that there were two separate email addresses?

What if I didn't belong to CC roll call - We would have missed pertinent information.

Thank God for Cruise Critic - not only a source of vital information, but allowing me to vent so I can let it go, and get into cruise mode.

Glad to see that you were able to get the information you needed in spite of Celebrity. Have a great cruise!

We had that happen to us--we had been in Barcelona for a few days pre-cruise and only because of my roll call did I find out that our boarding was going to be delayed because of noro on the previous cruise. Never received any notification of any kind from Celebrity. Still don't know why! Yet another reason to use CC!!