Captains Club Designation on Luggage Tags

bloomcruisers

We just received luggage tags for an upcoming B2B cruise we are doing with my sister and her husband. The tags are all the same color but theirs have a red border that says "Captains Club" while ours do not. Our reservations are linked. They have been on 1 previous 12 nt Celebrity cruise. We were on that 1 with them and did 1 additional 7 nt. We have our captains club numbers on our reservation. Our staterooms are both basic ocean view just 2 doors apart.

So my questions are:

1. What exactly is the purpose of this designation in regard to luggage handling?

2. Why would they have it and we do not?

3. Is there any reason whatsoever to even think about it any further?

We just received luggage tags for an upcoming B2B cruise we are doing with my sister and her husband. The tags are all the same color but theirs have a red border that says "Captains Club" while ours do not. Our reservations are linked. They have been on 1 previous 12 nt Celebrity cruise. We were on that 1 with them and did 1 additional 7 nt. We have our captains club numbers on our reservation. Our staterooms are both basic ocean view just 2 doors apart.

So my questions are:

1. What exactly is the purpose of this designation in regard to luggage handling?

I don't think it makes any difference...It's just to make CC people feel special. It's not like you'll get your bags sooner or theirs will be tossed into the sea.

I don't think it makes any difference...It's just to make CC people feel special. It's not like you'll get your bags sooner or theirs will be tossed into the sea.

HaHa… that's what I thought. No big deal. I was just curious if I was somehow not understanding it. Thanks.

HaHa… that's what I thought. No big deal. I was just curious if I was somehow not understanding it. Thanks.

Just chalk it up to Celebrity's consistent inconsistency. :)

Edited by Fouremco

So my questions are:

Hi Bloomcruisers,

When it comes to luggage handling, anything "extra" on your tags, means nothing. We are Elite Plus, and were in a Concierge cabin a few weeks ago. Our luggage was delivered sometime during dinner (After 6 pm). I wouldn't give it another thought.

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Bloomcruisers,

When it comes to luggage handling, anything "extra" on your tags, means nothing. We are Elite Plus, and were in a Concierge cabin a few weeks ago. Our luggage was delivered sometime during dinner (After 6 pm). I wouldn't give it another thought.

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

Exactly why we always carry on the first night's outfit, our PJs and toiletries. I have had bags within 30 minutes of the room opening, and at 9pm. One never knows. Never had one lost though...thank goodness!

So my questions are:

They call it priority luggage delivery to the room for Captains Club members..........I t has never worked that way for us.

Just be happy that you are on the ship. Hope the bags arrive quickly. It does not seem to matter what your status is . I am elite. I have received bags quickly and delayed for many hours. Once I never got my bag. That really was bad. Luggage tag got lost. Eventually I went to guest relations and found my bag. I now put an extra luggage tag on every bag...and put info inside an outside pocket. That way if the bag gets lost, I have a better chan e of getting it back. Good luck. I look at it like playing luggage roulette.....anything can happen.

So my questions are:

Does it say Captains Club or Concierge Class? Does your sister have a Concierge Class cabin and you don't?

We are in a concierge class cabin on our next cruise and our luggage tags say Concierge Class with a red border.