Transatlantic fare

golf261

Will be flying from Indianapolis to Venice, then Barcelona back to Indy next May. Have found an itinerary I like with a fare of $918.00/person. Do you think I can expect this fare to come down or does this sound reasonable?

sounds good to me

Transatlantic fares are a lot more expensive unless you can use a consolidator I don't think it will be much cheaper

I was checking for Toronto to Barcelona and back from Lisbon $1100.+

• 2 weeks later...

You got a deal! I just booked a FF ticket for myself, and have to purchase one for my daughter on American. We are going Nashville to Rome, then Venice to Nashville, and they want $1700+ dollars for a coach ticket that has my itinerary. We are not going until the end of May, 2006, but I have no choice but to wait until fall to see if fares come down!

Will be flying from Indianapolis to Venice, then Barcelona back to Indy next May. Have found an itinerary I like with a fare of $918.00/person. Do you think I can expect this fare to come down or does this sound reasonable?

I can see mid $800's for May 16-May 31 on AA. It is $100+pp cheaper than your price if you want to leave from Cincinnati. The Cincinnati flights are all on BA over the pond. If you will post your exact cruise dates and whether you want pre or post cruise, I will see what I can find.

You got a deal! I just booked a FF ticket for myself, and have to purchase one for my daughter on American. We are going Nashville to Rome, then Venice to Nashville, and they want $1700+ dollars for a coach ticket that has my itinerary. We are not going until the end of May, 2006, but I have no choice but to wait until fall to see if fares come down!

Oops-I think I would have done it the other way around. Purchased the ticket and then tried to match up the FF ticket.

The inexpensive, open jaw tickets on AA are probably NOT the schedule you got with your FF ticket. Especially since you booked it at the very opening of the window.

I tried to do that once. Got 2 FF tickets to Europe and then tried to match up the paid tickets. Price was outrageous. Finally had to tell our friends we would meet them in Zurich or they would have to pay the much higher fare. They chose the first option and spent the extra money on themselves and only missed a day of vacation.

Good luck!!!

After checking fares 2-3 times a day, I found Indy-Venice, Barcelona to Indy for $880/person, so I booked. The major drawback is that it is US Air. I just hope they are still in business next May!

• 2 weeks later...
They often have a fare sale in the fall for travel to Europe, so I have plenty of time to wait.

They may have a fall sale but it is usually for Oct 1st thru Apr 30th.

After that you are back into summer fares. So I doubt you will be able to get a fall "sale" fare for next summer flights

sounds good to me

Transatlantic fares are a lot more expensive unless you can use a consolidator I don't think it will be much cheaper

I was checking for Toronto to Barcelona and back from Lisbon $1100.+

How do you use a consolidater? Need 3 tickets to Rome...

Consolidator fares are available from TA's, some internet sites (1800flyeurope.com), and from ads in the travel section of large newspapers. All those ads you see-"FLY EUROPE-$300.00"-are consolidators. They buy bulk tickets from the airlines and sell them as either part of a package or just as cheap tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

We're sailing from FLL to Barcelona April 30-May 14 and then traveling around Spain on our own, planning to return from Madrid to Phoenix at the end of May.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this for less than outrageous one-way fare??

At the worst, I guess we could take the cruise return, but not sure if it will work two weeks after embarkation (and we'd have to get back to Barcelona)....:confused:

Maybe we could find a freighter!!:rolleyes:

THANKS!

WOW! :eek: I don't know what happened but, we only paid 250 a piece for our journey from Dulles to London via Virgin. I guess it is more expensive to fly east to west. We used priceline.com. I know fares to Barcelona were about the same price.

Archived