Promotional Samples in bathrooms?

jen1016

I've never been out of Galveston, but every other ship I've been on has had the sample dish in the bathroom. I must say, it seems to have dwindled. Not a big deal to me though.

Always seems to be those breathe right strips, and a sample size Arm & Hammer toothpaste. Maybe one other small item, that's about it. But yeah, they are yours to use/have if you want them, at no extra charge.

Sailed on the Sunshine last week. Got two Arm & Hammer mini toothpastes, little bottles of Tresemme Platinum shampoo and conditioner and a sealed Mary Kay mascara.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

The above posters are correct. It varies from ship to ship, but the baskets of goodies have been kind of "slim" lately. Seems we always get the breath-rite samples, and the toothpaste. Other than that, not a lot to hold your breath over. :D

"SKY"

The above posters are correct. It varies from ship to ship, but the baskets of goodies have been kind of "slim" lately. Seems we always get the breath-rite samples, and the toothpaste. Other than that, not a lot to hold your breath over. :D

"SKY"

Ha!:D

I really do miss those razors! I kidded it was time to rebook when I needed a new one....:o

I really do miss those razors!

I kidded it was time to rebook when I needed a new one....:o

You too, huh? lol

Yeaahh you get what you get. ;)

Last time we got a very nice Crest toothpaste that made me go out and buy more of the bigger sizes.

Three tubes worth!

We don't get that good stuff here in the islands.

When we were on the Breeze this past November I had forgotten my razor, I called our room steward to see if he had any, since honestly on our past 3 cruises razors had been a staple "freebee". Turns out these are all "freebees" given to Carnival to promote items and they will vary with time. He was very apologetic as he explained this to me and said maybe check the fun shops. I did this once they opened only to find the BIC disposable razors they normally sell were sold out (guess I wasn't the only one, lol). My next step was to make this a priority at our first port.

Long story short, once we got back to our room that second night, first sea day, there was a wonderful package of disposal BIC razors on the bed! This was the perfect example of the excellent customer service Carnival provides, I made sure that not only was he well tipped but sent a letter to Carnival customer service with his and his team to ensure they knew what a wonderful team they had!

When we were on the Breeze this past November I had forgotten my razor, I called our room steward to see if he had any, since honestly on our past 3 cruises razors had been a staple "freebee". Turns out these are all "freebees" given to Carnival to promote items and they will vary with time. He was very apologetic as he explained this to me and said maybe check the fun shops. I did this once they opened only to find the BIC disposable razors they normally sell were sold out (guess I wasn't the only one, lol). My next step was to make this a priority at our first port.

Long story short, once we got back to our room that second night, first sea day, there was a wonderful package of disposal BIC razors on the bed! This was the perfect example of the excellent customer service Carnival provides, I made sure that not only was he well tipped but sent a letter to Carnival customer service with his and his team to ensure they knew what a wonderful team they had!

Great to hear! thanks for posting!

"SKY"

It also varies cruise to cruise. We were on a B2B on the Conquest and changed cabins. First week it was one of everything. Second week the basket was overflowing.

I too like the freebies.

On our last cruise, I checked my Dopp Kit, and I had forgotten my razor. There was not one in the basket. I asked the steward, he said he would check. Came back with three Vision Samples. Vision is the ladies version of Mach 3. Worked fine. Although at the gym back on land, I got some weird looks about using a pink razor.

A decent steward usually has some stashed away.

A question for all the others out there. I know on MSC they have different amenities for Balconies, Suites, and Interiors. Anyone know if Carnival fills the Goodie baskets differently for the different class of cabins?

We were on the Triumph December 7th, and there were samples in the restroom. We even had Bonine samples in addition to toothpaste, Breathe Right strips, and tea (which we've had on previous cruises).

Same for our rooms on The Triumph last week. Was surprised each cabin had 4 toothpastes. I do miss the razors.

Great thanks. I know last year, when we were on the Legend, we didn't touch them, being worried we would be charged for them. So, we are sailing on the Valor, so if there is anything there - I will know that we can :)!

The samples seem to vary from ship to ship. I so wish that Carnival would form some kind of partnership with Planters Peanuts, or M&M's/ MARS, or Nabisco. I'd love to walk into our cabin and find a basket of sample snack goodies. But then again, maybe not. I have a feeling my DW and I would argue over who gets the M&M's, or the Oreos, or whatever.:rolleyes::D

As said before, yes they are free to use. However my experience over the last 4 CCL cruises within the last 14 months is that the offerings varies greatly and you can not depend on what will be offered.

Are the promotional samples that are provided in the bathrooms, free to use?

In our experience recently from Galveston, they did away with them completely...This would be the Magic and Triumph..Not sure about other ships ?

We haven't seen samples in our bathroom on Carnival for a long time now. Not even on Princess did we see samples.