Question about new cruisers to Princess

chsalas

We are scheduled for a Jan 11 out of Houston with some friends of ours, they are Carnival cruisers, they have booked through Princess, but they are listed as new, does their previous Carnival time at sea count with princess and vice verse? Thanks in advance.

Although Carnival and Princess are both owned by Carnival Corp. They have separate repeat guest programs. You do not get credit for cruises with one in the other's program.

Thanks

Just for the record, this kind of information is what makes CC one of the best blogs/information portal for Cruise travel. I always feel like I get the best info here.

You guys rock!

Although Carnival and Princess are both owned by Carnival Corp. They have separate repeat guest programs. You do not get credit for cruises with one in the other's program.
However, they will automatically have a Princess Captain's Circle # and be able to attend the Captain's Circle party. Plus, they are eligible for past passenger fares.

However, they will automatically have a Princess Captain's Circle # and be able to attend the Captain's Circle party. Plus, they are eligible for past passenger fares.

That is awesome to know! I had no idea that our past on Carnival got that for us! Nice surprise! Thanks, Pam! And, I agree with the prior statement. CC is such a font of info!

• 3 weeks later...

Pam we are Platinum with Carnival and no matter who I called including the T/As you recommended and Princess themselves repeatedly they would not give you any perks - even past passenger rates based on your Carnival status. I had to go as a brand new customer. No Captains Circle anything. If they used to do this they don't do it now.....

Pam we are Platinum with Carnival and no matter who I called including the T/As you recommended and Princess themselves repeatedly they would not give you any perks - even past passenger rates based on your Carnival status. I had to go as a brand new customer. No Captains Circle anything. If they used to do this they don't do it now.....

The only possible perk would be past passenger rates. You would still be a blue card (1st cruise) holder on your first Princess cruise no matter how much history you have with Carnival.

Not all Princess cruises have past passenger rates, even for those who have cruised on Princess before. And when there is a discount, it usually is $50 or $100. Pricing from a good discount TA will normally beat that.