Oasis of the Seas Loses Power

I could barely read those posts. The post I could make out seems to be overly dramatic saying people were heading for the muster stations and that there was a panic due to post Concordia fears because there was a loss of power for only a few minutes.

News sources are now quoting blogs as actual events...

Individuals posting to Twitter are now accepted as actual events...

REALLY.... You have got to be kidding....

CONSIDER THE SOURCE.... and act accordingly!!

News sources are now quoting blogs as actual events...

Individuals posting to Twitter are now accepted as actual events...

REALLY.... You have got to be kidding....

CONSIDER THE SOURCE.... and act accordingly!!

+1000000000000

Social media is great as long as you understand it's no different than the tabloids most of the time. Hence the reason I don't bother with sites like that. CC is about as close to social media as I get.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

I was just hoping someone from onboard would tell is if it was true or false

As the Oasis has sailed away already today on another voyage and no one has spoken up that was onboard, I would speculate that it was a non event or didn't happen.

interesting that somebody bother to tweet about a short outage. maybe even a localized, short outage.

I was on a Celebrity cruise recently. while relaxing in a public area, the power went out (at least in that area). we saw some crew scurrying about, and a security guy volunteered some reassurance. so we kept reading by window light and the ship lights popped back on within ten minutes. i do not know how wide spread the outage might have been, as I did not bother to move. I did not tweet, or freak out, or even mention it at dinner. I considered it a nonevent. still do.

I can't read it no matter how much I try to magnify it.

If you click on the image and magnify to 400%, you should be able to see the twitter account at least. It is a twitter feed from a competing board, started by a young poster who used to post here all the time. He was actually on the ship according to the posts and is now on Indy for an 8 day.

interesting that somebody bother to tweet about a short outage. maybe even a localized, short outage.

I was on a Celebrity cruise recently. while relaxing in a public area, the power went out (at least in that area). we saw some crew scurrying about, and a security guy volunteered some reassurance. so we kept reading by window light and the ship lights popped back on within ten minutes. i do not know how wide spread the outage might have been, as I did not bother to move. I did not tweet, or freak out, or even mention it at dinner. I considered it a nonevent. still do.

That is cause you are a good normal person who doesn't freak out about stuff.

The person who started that probably had a light bulb burn out in their room or something. I've learned to take a lot of the negative stuff on here with a grain of salt :)

That is cause you are a good normal person who doesn't freak out about stuff.

The person who started that probably had a light bulb burn out in their room or something. I've learned to take a lot of the negative stuff on here with a grain of salt :)

I'm not sure if everybody would agree that I am good or normal;), but thanks for the benefit of the doubt, haha. I agree some people freak out more easily. it might be scary if all the power went out at night as one was climbing stairs or riding an elevator, but that could happen anywhere.

I was on the oasis last night. It lasted 30 secs and was fully restored. Emergency systems were operating during that time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear it was much to do about nothing and all systems worked as they should have.

As I mentioned the text in the Tweet was overly dramatic. Evryone heading for the lifeboats, seriously! :rolleyes:

I did not bother to move. I did not tweet, or freak out, or even mention it at dinner. I considered it a nonevent. still do.

Amen, Sister! And, considering the OP is the same one who started the Freedom to Alaska thread, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Some folks like to take non-events and "I wish a ship would move" and make them into big news,

i woke up with some twitter updates saying Oasis of the Seas lost power for a few minutes last night at about 10:38 pm. can anyone verify wether this is correct? if you were onboard during this did it effect lights? power? AC? elevators?

Thank You

Bobby

Big deal.

i woke up with some twitter updates saying Oasis of the Seas lost power for a few minutes last night at about 10:38 pm. can anyone verify wether this is correct? if you were onboard during this did it effect lights? power? AC? elevators?

Thank You

Bobby

Yes I can confirm! My friend was on that cruise and texted me last night at10:57 to state that the power went out and it went back on a little while later. I do not know anything else.