Friends on their way to the Dream,hope they make it !

Ascott318

My friend are on their way to the Dream after flight delays and cancellations .just spoke to them on phone ,they still have to return rental car and make their way to ship. They were supposed to fly in yesterday but flight was cancelled. I sure hope they get there on time.

Where were they flying out of? My fiance is a first officer and I know tons of flights have been cancelled lately do to weather and also to lack of staff. His whole day was cancelled because they couldn't find a captain for his flights.

Hope your friends make it!!

Edited by beamqueen

It sounds like today may be there lucky day as the Dream was scheduled to have a late boarding time today. I surely hope that they make it aboard.

Yep you are right. According to this post they aren't supposed to leave until after 5:30pm today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962360

Bill

In instances like this weekends weather Carnival will usually not leave on time. They need to wait for all the people who booked flights through Carnival too.

It's a myth that they will wait if flights are booked through Carnival. I know they try if there are large numbers, the port will let them stay longer, and they can still make up the time. But met up with quite a few cruisers on a January cruise a while back who had to meet the ship mid-cruise in St. Thomas and had Carnival air booked. The first port was Half Moon Cay so they couldn't fly there and had to meet the ship on day 4 instead.

My friend are on their way to the Dream after flight delays and cancellations .just spoke to them on phone ,they still have to return rental car and make their way to ship. They were supposed to fly in yesterday but flight was cancelled. I sure hope they get there on time.

Any news? Did they make it? I'm keeping my fingers cross that they do.

It's a myth that they will wait if flights are booked through Carnival. I know they try if there are large numbers, the port will let them stay longer, and they can still make up the time. But met up with quite a few cruisers on a January cruise a while back who had to meet the ship mid-cruise in St. Thomas and had Carnival air booked. The first port was Half Moon Cay so they couldn't fly there and had to meet the ship on day 4 instead.

Is it a fact that it will be the cruise lines responsibility to get to the first possible port?