Give me Olive Garden. It has to be better.

pmacher61

Sir, your review is just that, "sour", and might I add, "half empty", and petty. Yes, the pillows have been lumpy, and ice delivery slow, an occaisonal meal not perfect, some staff new to the English language; but on which cruise line do you find perfection, especially at MSC's price point. As for children, yes, be forwarned that "kids sail free". I have sailed Poesia on three occaisons and found the experience, while not perfect, to be an excellent value, and for that matter, above average when compared to other value cruise lines. Perhaps you should sail Regent, Seabourn, Crystal or Cunard.

The price point for those first 3 lines you mention is much higher than MSC´s, but other mass market lines have better value in MY opinion based upon MY personal cruise experience.

Try reading my review. it was not an occasional meal that was poor. All food offerings were poor . Service was horrible in any language.

Wow, the poor waiter had just arrived from Indonesia which is probably a 20 hour flight, he went straight to work and he didn't provide you with the service to which you are accustomed? You sound like one of those people who get annoyed if someone jumps off a bridge during rush hour and you experience a delay.

The waiter didn´t appear tired. He did not speak either English or Spanish. He was unattentive and inept. Dining room mgmt was poor. My tablemates all concurred. Sorry if I sound critical...I thought this was cruise critic.

p.s.

Trust me ...I have cruised quite a bit . I will be at sea for 68 of the next 94 days. I understand when a waiter is tired vs when one is inept. You can flame me all you want. It is what to expect from the MSC cruisers when someone makes negative remarks about the line. It is laughable.

Edited by pmacher61

9 deluded cheerleaders and counting...... ;)

Me too, me too. Loved our cruise on MSC Poesia.

While food is not the strongest point of MSC (mostly steaks) it is good to very good.

And overall it is a very nice line!

But thank you to OP for his review. I hope he won't book another MSC cruise to be disappointed again.

I had no axe to grind.

Of course you did.

You very well could have started your review with, "I hated my last MSC cruise, and I was sure I would hate this one as well." You not only expected to have a bad time, you actually went looking for things to make sure you had a bad time.

If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. I personally couldn't care less what you liked and didn't like – it's your nose-in-the-air attitude that struck a chord with me. Just do us all a favor and let us know on what ship and when you're sailing. Though the odds are slim, I don't ever want to risk having you as a table mate on a cruise. What a killjoy that would be....

Could the original poster possibly find another cruiseline where he can go to those boards and post positive information.Just to keep him from filling his time with the same old, same old. The majority of posters or readers of these boards either post to inform those seeking information and facts and to be helpful. Well yes I guess I must be cheerleader no 10? Just returned from 2 cruises over the holidays. The first on the Lberty of the Seas and the second on the Divina. On both of our cruises we had a wonderful time. We were treated extremely well by the crew on both ships. We enjoyed the food on both. The entertainment on both was amazing though entirely different from one another. We enjoyed both from beginning to end. We have cruised Celebrity and Carnival as well. Enjoyed our experience each time. Our personal favourite because of the elegance and the onboard crew is MSC. We find the cabins on MSC ships to be the most beautiful and elegant but this does not mean we did not enjoy the cabins on other lines. It becomes apparent when posters begin,continue and end their postings in an extremely negative way that they in fact do appear to have "an axe to Grind". Life is not perfect. Why is it some board a ship and expect everything to be perfect.

Could you tell us what you liked about your cruise. The focus has been only on the negative side. Thanks

Did you read the review? I thought I commented that the decor was handsome and the entertainment good.

What a bunch of intellectually challenged fools you flamers are.

p.s. The Infinity is excellent and the price is not very different than that of MSC.

Did you read the review? I thought I commented that the decor was handsome and the entertainment good.

What a bunch of intellectually challenged fools you flamers are.

p.s. The Infinity is excellent and the price is not very different than that of MSC.

So did you like your cruise? ;)

I have been both on Posea, in the Caribbean and on Vision of the Seas, in Brazil. I will state that most of what the poster stated was true and honest, based on my prior experience.

1. The food on Posea, is something I would not feed my dog. The exceptions here are the two great specialty dining options: the Japanese & Italian dining rooms.

2. The service is not equal to any RCCL (excluding Majesty) sailing I have been on.

3. The decorating of the ship was equal to the best of Celebrity ships I have been on.

4. The Posea had the best shopping and specialty offerings of any ship IO have been on.

5. This all being said, the RCCL Vision of the Seas, beats the MSC ship by a large margin, based on their South American sailings.

6. My recommendation to the poster would be to travel on Celebrity, Holland America, or Cunard. These three upper mainstream lines, seem like they would given the poster, the quality he desires.

Honestly it has been my experience, that American & British lines, generally have the highest overall standards in the world. Why pay more to get less? There is a reason that people go "around the world" on Cunard & Holland and that Celebrity has such a loyal following. Not to mention Crystal, which has truly a loyal following.

Thus my advice is to stick to the American lines which have a history of service and excellence!!!!!

Hmmm, Cunard and Holland America's loyal following don't seem to have the same love since Carnival took them both over. Go to the respective boards and you will see plenty of moans and groans of cutbacks and talk of the good ole days.

Celebrity too seems to have similar posters just not as many.

From our experience quality of food is very different from one ship to another within the same company, even from one sailing to another.

We had very good food in Brilliance ots, very weak on Splendor ots, different qiality on all three sailings on Explorer ots from NJ. My parents were disappointed with food on Adventure ots recently.

We were very disappointed many years agp about service in MDR and from our steward on HAL Zuiderdam. I still read similar complaints from other cruisers.

And Cunard is not perfect either.

Hmmm, Cunard and Holland America's loyal following don't seem to have the same love since Carnival took them both over. Go to the respective boards and you will see plenty of moans and groans of cutbacks and talk of the good ole days.

:):):)

The major "cutbacks" Carnival did for Cunard and Holland America: saved these Glorious Brands from bankruptcy and built for them the best passenger ships afloat.

So let those who have no brains continue with moans and groans about "awful Carnival".:D

Actually I do know how glourious Cunard was as I did sail them back in tbe 70's. Royal Carribean too.

Neither is likely to be as good today, certainly not like the good old days. But I would give them a go but so far I have not found a favorable competitive fare on Royal vs other lines during our sailing searches.

Cruisetrail are those your cruises listed? Have you sailed MSC, carnival or Cunard?

You list them in advertising form but not specify which ship and cruise.

Your signature is confusing.

Cruisetrail are those your cruises listed? Have you sailed MSC, carnival or Cunard?

You list them in advertising form but not specify which ship and cruise.

Your signature is confusing.

Cruisetrail has not sailed with MSC. Getting an answer to who he/she has sailed with is like asking a politician for a yes or no answer.

He/she is a troll, simple as.

Legion ... The Queen Victoria had the best Food and Service of any ship we have sailed on but we did not enjoy the ship to much, dressing for Dinner every night got a bit tedious even if you used the Buffet!

Most if not all cruise lines will have made cuts somewhere be it in Quality of food or service or even staff in order to maintain in most cases reasonable pricing and to keep themselves in business.

Somewhat like food manufacturers who have reduced the size of their products but still charge the same price.

I am in complete agreement with you, also add Seabourn, now that their corporate offices/services have been transferred to Holland America. :eek:

Edited by gkbiiii

Again currently hal is not an option as the 3rd and 4th fares are not very good on the cruises times we are looking at. They may come down, they did last year but did not come down enough to make us go with them. A kids sail free promotuon would be nice.

Like to try hal but not this year probably but at somepoint.

Also when I pay for the right to be a patrician, I don't wish to be a pleb and thus do not concern myself with their bread and circuses.