Azamara Journey Mumbai Cruise

MAGSMFC

Can anyone please help or advise how to get an Indian Visa when living in England as our cruise sails from Mumbai. Is there any way of going somewhere so they can do this for you or does it have o be done via the website.

Getting a bit concerned about it as cruise is on 15 April and don't know how long things take.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone please help or advise how to get an Indian Visa when living in England as our cruise sails from Mumbai. Is there any way of going somewhere so they can do this for you or does it have o be done via the website.

Getting a bit concerned about it as cruise is on 15 April and don't know how long things take.

Thanks

Hi

Check out the Roll Call for this cruise as there is information on the Indian visa.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721301&page=18

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Really easy to do online and then send as a postal to the centre in Hayes. The visa came back in 4 days - far quicker than trying to go to a Centre in person (which if you do go down that route means you also have to go back again). You do not need to put in anything about the port agent, just put in self supported under your Indian sponsor, the name of the ship and include a copy of your itinerary (preferably on an invoice from your booking agent) and that more than satisfied the UK checkers

Thanks for replies,

Uktog I will have a look on line - which is the best place to apply for it and do we send it to Hayes along with our passports. We are staying 3 nights in Mumbai before the cruise so would we have to put the address of the hotel down. Do you know how much it costs.

Many thanks

As I recall including buying the special delivery envelopes to have the passports returned to us ( you have to do that) it was just around £100 each - all the fees are on their website here is the link

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/

The trick is do exactly as they tell you/ask you.

There is no need to use Visa Central or whoever - they charge so many add on fees and even with the Azamara discount they are not good value at all.

Yes, you just put in the name of your hotel in India and include a copy of any confirmation you have, elsewhere make sure you put in self supported to the question about having a sponsor

Hi I am filling in an Indian visa application,it is asking if I've ever changed names ? I have been married twice do I have to fill this in or is it just meaning changing names by deed pole extra ??

They want to know every name you have been known as, so give previous married names, maiden name and names changed by deed poll. Good luck :)

Hello it's me again,

where it asks about references I have put self supported for India and uk but what addresses do I put ??:confused::confused:

We did this cruise last year and I am sure our travel agent told us to give the name of their local representative. Hope this helps.

Hello it's me again,

where it asks about references I have put self supported for India and uk but what addresses do I put ??:confused::confused:

Hi

I have put the ship's name in there.

I used visa genie and they sorted the sizing of the picture for me. They also have a helpline.

All the best

T

Tom, just as a matter of interest how much did Visagenie cost you? I might try them or DIY like I did the last time.

Phil

Hi Phil

It cost £126 per person which seems a lot but we did it all by post and email and they were very efficient I.e our passports were away for less than a week.

Best wishes

Hi we are also on this trip, last time we went to Mumbai a local travel agent who was Indian completed the forms and took them to Birmingham for £10 each. It was a really good service the agent was based on the Asian side our city. Telcos which was close by do the 2 ins photos.

Hope this is useful, we have gad this trip booked ages but just started to look at the details.

Hi,

I am absolutely desperate for more help.I have managed to fill the form in and uploaded a picture but I just can't print off a picture 2 x 2 inch. If the picture is showing on the completed form do we still have to send pictures as well ? I hace paid the visa fee already so I have to use the picture shown.

• 3 weeks later...