Traditional versus Select dining on Reflection

lkrcanada

About to book the October 6 sailing on Celebrity Reflection. Have previously done two cruises one with RCL and one with Princess. Am thinking of doing traditional late seating to have continuity and the total experience. Any advice please?

Many Thanks

You have to go for what suits you

We personally do select, this way we can go anytime we like and change the table mates every day

If you are a family that prefers the same time every day - go for it

The food is exactly the same, select eat on deck 4 overlooking the set seating area

You can make a reservation under Select if Early is too early and Late seating is too late. You can also request the same table or a table with a certain server if you find one you like. Of course, with the latter, you may have to wait a bit if you did not have a reservation to get this table/server.

Personally, we love just being able to go whenever we feel like eating.

We just did Traditional Late on the Reflection in December and loved it. We like sitting at a larger table to meet new folks, and having waitstaff who remember us. We tend to be late eaters and late risers anyway, so this worked for us (although I would have preferred 7:45 to 8:30).

You can make a reservation under Select if Early is too early and Late seating is too late. You can also request the same table or a table with a certain server if you find one you like. Of course, with the latter, you may have to wait a bit if you did not have a reservation to get this table/server.

Personally, we love just being able to go whenever we feel like eating.

This is why we like Select: Early is too early and Late is too late. And yes, if you like a certain server, you can certainly request to be in his area. But, as far as I could tell on my recent Reflection cruise, the option to sit at a large table is not really available. Mostly twos and fours that I saw.

I also choose select dining. It seems that more people tend to try speciality restaurants. I have found it awkward when you are at a table for 8 people and some of your table mates go to a speciality restaurant and there are empty seats at the table. One time my husband and I were at our large table and nobody else shows up for dinner that night. Two people at a table for 8 is awkward.