If u've sailed the Splendor PLEASEEE HELP!

Hello, I'm so sorry if this is kind of long, but every detail

counts, thank you soo much for reading I truly appreciate it!

My big day depends on it! =)

Only if you've sailed the Splendor OUT of NYC please help!

[ a little about me first]

I'm 26 years only cruised Carnival and love it! For most of my life I have vacationed the normal way but for the past

couple of years my fiancé and I have been going on Carnival Cruises once a year and we are absolutely obsessed! :D

(Best Vacation ever)!

[ I have sailed ]

The Facisnation once as a couple, The Imagination once as a couple, The Dream where we got engaged ! :-D and the

Carnival Breeze (this past May 5th 2013) with him myself, our toddler, and my in laws.

Cruising has been such a big part of our lives, such as first vacation together as boyfriend/girlfriend, A place where he

proposed to me, and lastly our sons first vacation ever and our first vacation as a family. So now we are planning on tieing the knot

(Getting Married) on a Carnival ship.

[HERE'S where I need you HELP PLEASE]

One of the most special days of my life (of course under the birth of my son) depends on it :) as a woman always dreams about her

wedding day! The wedding aspect is not what I'm really concerned about because I've heard nothing but amazing stories about how Carnival

throws a wedding BUT WHICH SHIP TO CHOOSE is where we are STUCK !! :( ... it allll comes down to Money.

... We are dead set on paying for our wedding parties cruises ( you know his best man, my maid of honor and our groomsmens/braidmaids

who are all couples so that comes out to 5 couples, and 10 people not including us..no changing our minds there.)

Okay now that, that is out of the way here is the concern. WEEEE GOT SOOO SPOILED a few months ago, because we sailed Carnivals

newest, biggest, most fun and glorious ship (THE BREEZE) OMG AMAZING, HUGE, ENTERTAINING and where I want to throw my wedding

(Embarkation day/port of miami) then sail out rocking out with all of our friends (no kids no other family just fun in the sun in our 20's with our

friends enjoying our wedding vacation). BUTTT We are already paying for our wedding parties cruises and excursions (most of our wedding

party are extremely tight on budgets, it's hard out there and we completely understand as we were just in that boat ourselves). We all live NYC!

The breeze only leaves from the port of Miami and the last time we went we've flown the 3 hrs down to Florida as usual. But no one in our wedding

party would be able to make it to the cruise if we did the Breeze =(, because the wedding starts at 10am meaning we all have to be on the ship

dressed and ready to go by 10am everyone in the wedding party, there is no way anyone is risking or even can fly in that day.

So ontop of having to purchase round trip tickets to miami, everyone would have to spend money on hotel rooms, plus we are only paying

for their tickets and few excursions but they'd have to save up for clothes, drinks, and various other vacation expenses and hardly anyone in

our wedding party can do that. Therefore if we were to do the Breeze we'd have to also pay for flights and/or hotel stays for 10 people and

that just can't happen unless we push back the wedding for another yr or so. THEREFORE we said which Carnival ship leaves out of NYC

(something we never even looked into for many reasons). Low and behold ONLY the Splendor leaves out of NYC. That seemed to be fine,

it is not like any ship in the Dream class but it's right below the dream class in a class all of it's own. BUTTTT I am getting extremely sad

because unlike ANY cruise we've EVER gone on I can't find one good thing (besides it's size) out there about it. As I said I'm 26, it will be

my wedding I want the old Carnival family fun party happy caribbean atmosphere and I just can't find anything out there like that about

the Splendor. As I said before we plan a cruise once a year, and for about 6 months prior to boarding we get so excited, surf cruise critic,

learn deck plans, spend countless hours on youtube checking out ship tours, deck parties and get extremely excited. YET I have been spending

hours online looking up anything Splendor (especially you tube) and I'm finding NOTHING! If I do find a good review, or "I've had an amazing

time" youtube video it's either from teens, first time cruisers, or older people who are with children. I have heard that splendor is the only carnival

ship that doesn't do a welcome aboard party either which is disappointing. I can't find any deck party footage on youtube and if I do it's from

years ago when the splendor used to be in California, or it is an old timers cruise (no offense at all I love everyone but never have I seen such

a dead atmosphere in cruise footage ). Even the very small short cruise ships such as the Imagination had amazing entertainment. But everyone

in the Splendor videos seems to be sitting down even during deck party nights, the music seems to be geared towards an older generation,

The "fun crew" doesn't seem into it which leads to a dead crowd, and in everyones splendor vacation video they mostly focus on island time

and the time they are filming on the ship you just see people walking around aimlessly. I TRULY TRULY hope that there is just lack video out

there because it's really bumming me out. Being from NYC besides not being able to fly everyone out to The Breeze (or any ship) in Miami,

my fiancé also made a point that we could have a bigger wedding as our family who isn't cruising could board the ship to watch us say I do right here in NYC.

I am a cruiser, I absolutely agree that to each is own, and yes I too am one to say that a cruise is what you make of it and I am really trying

not to be a negative nancy here. But as a full time mommy, and bride to be, and Breeze traveler, I just want this wedding cruise to be about

Liveliness, and fun times. So please tell me what that ship truly is about..[/font]

Edited by LoveCruisinCarnival
space

never mind everyone, upon furhter investigation i had just gained official word that like californias reroute of the splendor to nyc the splendor is now rerouting perminately to miami! So looks like our wedding will have to wait another year cause we're going to miami, a little relieved though at least now i get to celebrate one of my biggest ddays on the breeze :d:d:d

When are you planning to cruise? While it's true that Splendor will move to Miami for the winter season, it will be returning to New York for the Summer season, so you may still be able to cruise from NYC.

Thank you for the info!! We are planning on going in the summer so our friends with children have an easier time with babysitting. But as per this article here http://travelswithanthony.wordpress.com/2013/12/21/hey-big-splendor-carnival-bids-adios-to-new-york/

and other forums on this website, it doesn't seem to be coming back just as it never returned back to California.

Many people on this website have complained because if u booked with the Splendor out of nyc past nov 2014

your cruise has been cancelled and refunded.

I guess it makes sense now as to why the ship always looked empty I guess it hasn't been doing well at all here. I hope Carnival does come back to NYC !!

Edited by LoveCruisinCarnival

It was confirmed by a Carnival spokesperson that the Splendor will return to New York for the summer 2015 season, although schedules for that time frame have not been released yet. Here's the article from Cruise Critic:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5663

This makes me So happy =) thank you very very much for the info.!! :D

Although That Brings Me Back to the Orignal Question in This Article!!

It's not so much if the Splendor comes back or not, I

Need to know if there is a reason to sail it or not.

..if you read my original message =\ I'm looking for

help from folks who've sailed the Splendor before

not being there first cruise.

Thank you so much for the info though =)

We have sailed the Splendor three times. Twice in Long Beach (one was a three day cruise to nowhere) and this past summer out of New York. We are sailing her again this August. What would you specifically like to know? She is a somewhat unique ship (color wise, and a one of a kind class wise) but was a wonderful ship.

We were on her for a 15 day cruise out of Long Beach to Hawaii. We are also booked on her this year, in October. Can you be more specific as to what info you are looking for? We have been on many, many ships and have a pretty good background for info on all different cruises.

Congrats!! Ive Sailed Splendor Twice, LOVE that ship!! To me the only negative is the parking, $280 for 8 nights!

While you are planning on flying everyone to Miami, also consider how much luggage is going to cost. Your so fortunate to live in NYC and have luxury of not paying for gas to and from the port 600 miles away, like me:) If I were in your shoes tho, I would sail Splendor sometime between now and wedding day, so you can see for yourself. The price you would spend on a sailing is minimal to what you will spend flying 12 ppl and luggage to Miami, good luck!

Its a cruise ship. What are you expecting anyway?

Congrats!! Ive Sailed Splendor Twice, LOVE that ship!! To me the only negative is the parking, $280 for 8 nights!

While you are planning on flying everyone to Miami, also consider how much luggage is going to cost. Your so fortunate to live in NYC and have luxury of not paying for gas to and from the port 600 miles away, like me:) If I were in your shoes tho, I would sail Splendor sometime between now and wedding day, so you can see for yourself. The price you would spend on a sailing is minimal to what you will spend flying 12 ppl and luggage to Miami, good luck!

We are 20 mins to the NYC port. Splendor in 3 weeks!

So what exactly is your question? I couldn't find one among all the other rhetoric. Why are you worrying about Splendor leaving NYC and talking about flying to Miami? :confused:

We enjoyed our time on the Splendor this past September and will be sailing on her again in 3 weeks.

One thing to remember is that many random things can change, vary and affect a cruise so that what may have been a wonderful cruise for one sailing, may not be so for the next.

ie.

Illness onboard- norovirus can seriously affect all the passengers whether they get sick or not

Weather - calm seas or hurricane winds and waves, cold fronts, rain or sun

Fellow cruisers and how you personally relate to them - who is sailing alongside you ? Geritol follies, friends of Dorothy reunion, spring break college students, SuperBowl cheerleaders, 'school's out for the summer max kids', that crazy family's mega reunion, the pastor's religious or annual corporate business convention, Biker's Ride the waves, Redneck Jamboree...etc.

Ships have staff and personnel changes from time to time which may or may not affect the quality of the experience. ie. Comedians, bar entertainers, cruise director goes on vacation and a new director replaces him/her, new steward taking care of your room, new wait staff, etc.

But some of the things that don't necessarily randomly change are:

the quality of the food

the overall cleanliness of the ship

the decor of the ship

the layout of the ship

the cabins and housekeeping

the MDR

the shows

For those things, we were very pleased with our Splendor vacation and therefore have booked passage on her again.

For those things that can't be controlled or guaranteed, we are willing to 'go with the flow'… 'whatever will be will be'. :)

Edited by 2CoolCanucks

We enjoyed our time on the Splendor this past September and will be sailing on her again in 3 weeks.

One thing to remember is that many random things can change, vary and affect a cruise so that what may have been a wonderful cruise for one sailing, may not be so for the next.

ie.

Illness onboard- norovirus can seriously affect all the passengers whether they get sick or not

Weather - calm seas or hurricane winds and waves, cold fronts, rain or sun

Fellow cruisers and how you personally relate to them - who is sailing alongside you ? Geritol follies, friends of Dorothy reunion, spring break college students, SuperBowl cheerleaders, 'school's out for the summer max kids', that crazy family's mega reunion, the pastor's religious or annual corporate business convention, Biker's Ride the waves, Redneck Jamboree...etc.

Ships have staff and personnel changes from time to time which may or may not affect the quality of the experience. ie. Comedians, bar entertainers, cruise director goes on vacation and a new director replaces him/her, new steward taking care of your room, new wait staff, etc.

But some of the things that don't necessarily randomly change are:

the quality of the food

the overall cleanliness of the ship

the decor of the ship

the layout of the ship

the cabins and housekeeping

the MDR

the shows

For those things, we were very pleased with our Splendor vacation and therefore have booked passage on her again.

For those things that can't be controlled or guaranteed, we are willing to 'go with the flow'… 'whatever will be will be'. :)

Going with the flow is key.

Its a cold time of year. Cool temps then summer!

Was this a surprise to the Splendor haters out there? :p

We were on the SPLENDOR in early November....no major complaints. The service was good, food was good, ship was spotless, no drunks, live music was everywhere, balcony was nice......all good.

Think that about covers it.

Will be going on Splendor NEXT MONTH!!! :eek::eek::eek: :cool:

For me, the big draw was the amenities offered in the spa, and the associated spa cabins. I really hope I like them as much as I think I will, for the cold days down and back! :)

We were on the SPLENDOR in early November....no major complaints. The service was good, food was good, ship was spotless, no drunks, live music was everywhere, balcony was nice......all good.

Think that about covers it.

What more can you ask for?

We will be on the Splendor in May 2014 out of NYC. Love going out of NYC as we are only a 50-minute bus ride to the port. I saw that the Splendor will be repositiong from NYC to Miami November 2014. But I checked a few travel sites and also the Carnival site, and this sailing does not come up. Anyone have info on this sailing.