Crown and Anchor "not so loyal"

Is anyone else seeing disappointing service within the Crown and Anchor department of Royal Caribbean? In 2012 and beginning of 2013 my husband and I sailed the Mariner out of Galveston for 4 weeks and as Diamond members had a wonderful experience under Eric Lafitte. December 2012 we sailed on the Navigator that replaced the Mariner from Galveston. I have never seen so many unhappy diamond members ever. We no longer had a concierge, limited bar service and we were separated from our diamond plus friends. But frankly it was the attitude of crown and anchor that was the most disturbing. We didn't receive information in our rooms, etc. I was so looking forward to a ship year round from Galveston. After talking to other diamond members it appears that they are no longer loyal to royal Caribbean but starting to hop cruise lines. I am one cruise away from Diamond Plus but every time I deal with crown and anchor I am aggravated! Sad for Royal Caribbean that actually does a good job but then all is lost when dealing with the loyalty program.

I think it has more to do with the ship not having a Diamond Lounge during your cruise!

I had the same experience on the Brilliance in May 2012 when there was no Diamond Lounge on that ship. All my cruises after that with Mariner (with Erik!)Liberty and Serenade was completely different because of a Diamond Lounge on the ship. The reason I did take the Serenade TA i.s.o. the Navigator was because there was no DL on the Navigator.

Give it another try when she comes back from dry dock with a Diamond Lounge!!

Edited by Topo Gigio

Is anyone else seeing disappointing service within the Crown and Anchor department of Royal Caribbean? In 2012 and beginning of 2013 my husband and I sailed the Mariner out of Galveston for 4 weeks and as Diamond members had a wonderful experience under Eric Lafitte. December 2012 we sailed on the Navigator that replaced the Mariner from Galveston. I have never seen so many unhappy diamond members ever. We no longer had a concierge, limited bar service and we were separated from our diamond plus friends. But frankly it was the attitude of crown and anchor that was the most disturbing. We didn't receive information in our rooms, etc. I was so looking forward to a ship year round from Galveston. After talking to other diamond members it appears that they are no longer loyal to royal Caribbean but starting to hop cruise lines. I am one cruise away from Diamond Plus but every time I deal with crown and anchor I am aggravated! Sad for Royal Caribbean that actually does a good job but then all is lost when dealing with the loyalty program.

Unfortunately not all ships have been outfitted with a Diamond Lounge and currently Navigator is one of them. As Diamond Members, on those ships that do not have a Diamond Lounge, you will be invited to attend a nightly Diamond Event which serves complimentary wine, champagne and soft drinks with all other beverages available at 25% off their normal selling price.

On the Navigator, your Diamond Plus friends could have joined you at the Diamond Event.

Edited by cruisenfever

Welcome to cruise critic. If you had discovered this site earlier, you would have known that RC is in the process of upgrading their ships to include a Diamond lounge in all of their ships. Currently , Navigator should be in Freeport having this upgrade. Mariner has already had it, now Navigator is getting it. When Navigator gets back from the current dry dock, there will a concierge for Diamond members. RC still has more ships to receive these upgrades, but soon the will al be updated. Visitors here can find out which ships have received this change. plus I think that Navigator will be the first in class to also receive a Flowrider in addition to other new to class upgrades.

As of Feb 5th NV will have a Diamond lounge on deck 14. Windows!

There will be lots of other changes on NV and she will be in Galveston until at least April 2015! Check out NV Deck Plans Enjoy :)

Edited by petel

Unfortunately there was no Diamond Club (Lounge) on Navigator when you sailed. Navigator is now in dry dock and will be receiving a Diamond Club. It will be on Deck 14 where the 19th Hole was. The DC will have ALL the amenities of the CL, including a concierge. The view will be a lot better than the CL. Be patient:) I did the November TA on Navigator so I know the situation, but it didn't ruin my cruise. Wine and a couple cold appetizers in Ixtapa was adequate.

I'm just asking... but what line are these people going to go to for a better loyalty program? As far as I know RCI is the only line that offers a FREE dedicated cocktail hours every evening to it's Diamond and above members. Your main complaint is no concierge and you were separated from your Diamond Plus friends... well you still have a loyalty ambassador to assist you... and your Diamond Plus friends are more than welcome in the Diamond area.

So... what line does have a better program than RCI? I have friends that are working their way up on Carnival... and she just about fell over because she told me about the wonderful Captain's party... and then I mentioned the nightly cocktail hour... and the several welcome back parties... So Please... tell me where they are going for a better Loyalty Program...

To answer your question, no - not at all! As others have said, your experience was based on a ship without a dedicated Diamond Club, therefore there would be no free cocktails or Concierge for Diamond members.

The reason you were "separated" from your Diamond + friends is because D+ can access the Concierge Lounge - of which Navigator has one - so they were able to use that lounge while as Diamond, you couldn't.

Can't answer as to the lack of room notification - I can say we've never experienced that and always have had great service both on board from the Concierges and Loyalty Ambassadors as well as the C & A reps at RCI. And most of the Diamond members we've been with have been quite happy.

I hope, when considered in the context of the information posted by myself and others on this thread, this will clear up some of the concerns you expressed. Your experience certainly does seem IMO to be the exception based on my experience over the years with RCI as a D and D+ member. Hopefully it will improve for you with your next cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Me neither, but on saying that - a few free glasses of wine and some discount coupons wouldn't make or break a cruise for me

Good post. Seems like some posters live for the freebies, it's more about the C&A benefits than the cruise.

Well, since you asked. On the Navigator a few weeks ago and only that time, on that ship, with that C&A staff, we received no such person to assist with anything. You are correct, that we have always appreciated our privileges on other RC ships. We have been very loyal to Royal Caribbean. This sailing had over 300 diamond members on board with almost no one showing up in the evening to the receptions. And yes of the diamond members that we did sit with, half cruise Carnival and the other Princess. I personally think each ship has its on management and the experience can vary. I'm speaking from my on personal experience with RC and Celebrity. The navigator had room for improvement and I don't just mean the aesthetics of the ship. I'm speaking to whoever decides to separate the diamond, diamond plus, and pinnacle. Why would anyone join us in Ixtapa with no mixed drinks, no cheese, no crackers, no fruit (forget about no hot hors d'oeuvres). I have cruised a lot as diamond and I am one cruise away from diamond plus. This experience, on this ship, with this CA staff would not have me repeat sailing!

... I have never seen so many unhappy diamond members ever. We no longer had a concierge, limited bar service and we were separated from our diamond plus friends...
Apparently five minutes of research about the facilities on the ship you are going to spend a week on is too much effort.

Is anyone else seeing disappointing service within the Crown and Anchor department of Royal Caribbean?

Well, since you asked. On the Navigator a few weeks ago and only that time, on that ship, with that C&A staff, we received no such person to assist with anything. You are correct, that we have always appreciated our privileges on other RC ships. We have been very loyal to Royal Caribbean. This sailing had over 300 diamond members on board with almost no one showing up in the evening to the receptions. And yes of the diamond members that we did sit with, half cruise Carnival and the other Princess. I personally think each ship has its on management and the experience can vary. I'm speaking from my on personal experience with RC and Celebrity. The navigator had room for improvement and I don't just mean the aesthetics of the ship. I'm speaking to whoever decides to separate the diamond, diamond plus, and pinnacle. Why would anyone join us in Ixtapa with no mixed drinks, no cheese, no crackers, no fruit (forget about no hot hors d'oeuvres). I have cruised a lot as diamond and I am one cruise away from diamond plus. This experience, on this ship, with this CA staff would not have me repeat sailing!

I wasn't going to bother but seeing as you persist the answer is no and it was pretty rude of your 'friends' to leave you high and dry like that. Some friends. :rolleyes:

Edited by Big_G

To be honest, I think you're making too much of this. They are limited as to what they can do with that many D, D+, and Pinnacle passengers on-board and no dedicated Diamond Lounge.

If I was travelling with friends who didn't have the same status, I would go have a cocktail someplace where they could be with me! Friendship is worth a lot more than a "free" drink. Heck, last year on the Mariner, we spent MUCH more time in Vintages than we did in the CL -- it was far less crowded, and the wine was much better!:D

To be honest, I think you're making too much of this. They are limited as to what they can do with that many D, D+, and Pinnacle passengers on-board and no dedicated Diamond Lounge.

If I was travelling with friends who didn't have the same status, I would go have a cocktail someplace where they could be with me! Friendship is worth a lot more than a "free" drink. Heck, last year on the Mariner, we spent MUCH more time in Vintages than we did in the CL -- it was far less crowded, and the wine was much better!:D

I think you have a perfect attitude about all of it, Cindy!

Frankly, I find it appalling that RCI even segregates passengers of different status as they do... special lounges for this group, super special :rolleyes: lounges for that group, what's next -- D+ gets on the lifeboats first?

I think RCI needs to reward loyalty differently. I love the gifts Disney leaves for us in our stateroom based on loyalty level. I still feel special, but without being all divided up from other passengers.

just my lowly gold-on-Royal opinion...

-gina-

Frankly, I find it appalling that RCI even segregates passengers of different status as they do... special lounges for this group, super special :rolleyes: lounges for that group, what's next -- D+ gets on the lifeboats first?

I think RCI needs to reward loyalty differently. I love the gifts Disney leaves for us in our stateroom based on loyalty level. I still feel special, but without being all divided up from other passengers.

-gina-

Appalling, segregates, super special lounges? Not much drama in that post. :rolleyes:

I'm speaking to whoever decides to separate the diamond, diamond plus, and pinnacle. Why would anyone join us in Ixtapa with no mixed drinks, no cheese, no crackers, no fruit (forget about no hot hors d'oeuvres). I have cruised a lot as diamond and I am one cruise away from diamond plus. This experience, on this ship, with this CA staff would not have me repeat sailing!

You are currently a Diamond Member and therefore are eligible to use the Diamond Lounge on those ships that have such a lounge. If the ship has no Diamond Lounge, as Navigator did not at the time of your sailing, then you went to the nightly Diamond Event which does not have the same amenities as the Concierge Lounge nor does it have a Concierge to assist you.

Once you become Diamond Plus, you will be eligible to not only use the Diamond Lounge, but also the Concierge Lounge.:) This lounge is for guests booked in a GS or higher cabin category, Diamond Plus Members as well as Pinnacle Club Members.

Guests booked in a Grand Suite or higher cabin category are eligible to use the Concierge Lounge no matter what level they are in C&A.

Edited by cruisenfever

what's next -- D+ gets on the lifeboats first?

Well they do give us a 10 minute head start before they sound the general alarm... gives us time to get our free drinks and upgraded floatation devices... We get brand new whistles too... but Pinnacle...now they really get the perks... crew will piggy back them to the lifeboats... and they get snacks!! :D

-gina-

Since both the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge offer the same exact amenities, and both have a Concierge to assist you, you can not call it segregating passengers by C&A level.

It's more like evenly distributing C&A folks as one lounge could never accommodate all the Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members on any one sailing.

Edited by cruisenfever

Since both the Diamond Lounge and Concierge Lounge offer the same exact amenities, and both have a Concierge to assist you, you can not call it segregating passengers by C&A level.

It's more like evenly distributing C&A folks as one lounge could never accommodate all the Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members on any one sailing.

Very well said!

Well they do give us a 10 minute head start before they sound the general alarm... gives us time to get our free drinks and upgraded floatation devices... We get brand new whistles too... but Pinnacle...now they really get the perks... crew will piggy back them to the lifeboats... and they get snacks!! :D

Thats awesome !!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

As a D+ member I laugh all the time about people that just cram in the D lounge or for that matter the CL to get a "FREE" wine that tastes like it was just made by the crew members toes just an hour before !!! LOLOLOLOL Regular conversations.....I've been on this many...well I've been on this many......well I know Super Mario !!!!! It is hilarious.

For the cost of a drink your friends would leave you !! Also hilarious !!!

And like someone said on a post I read earlier today......I don't complain about someone not doing something for me that I couldn't do myself !!

Edited by msumike

Don't forget the dedicated pinnacle member who gets to drive the life boat.

Cindy, this is exactly what I was thinking.

Op, I am very grateful for the perks, but you'll very rarely see me in the lounges during happy hours. I'm not a crowds person and I'd rather pay for elbow room than drink for free in a crowd. That is, if I'm even interested in a pre dinner drink. I'm usually passed out on a nap, giving DW lots of time to get ready for dinner and the evening. ;)