Aerial Show

I'll be on a 10 night trip. How many times will there be an Aerial Show?

Where is the "best" (In your opinion, rational appreciated) viewing location?

I'm traveling with a 5 year old & I think that he would love to see this. (If seats on the ground level is the best spot let me know, I am willing to hold our seats for the recommended hour+ prior.:D)

I'll be on a 10 night trip. How many times will there be an Aerial Show?

Where is the "best" (In your opinion, rational appreciated) viewing location?

I'm traveling with a 5 year old & I think that he would love to see this. (If seats on the ground level is the best spot let me know, I am willing to hold our seats for the recommended hour+ prior.:D)

Which ship?

I can't answer for the frequency of shows on a 10-night cruise, but when we were on Grandeur for a 7-night in July, there was one show on the last night at sea. (There were also a couple of short rehearsals at random times during the week).

We watched it from deck 7 in the Atrium, which happened to be our stateroom deck. From there we were pretty much at the level of the show which, while utilizing most of the atrium, mostly took place between decks 6 - 8.

I think any viewing area is good - but it is a popular show and will be pretty crowded on all open deck areas of the Atrium.

thanks. Are there any chairs in the 6, 7, 8 area?

Deck 4 in the lobby area, and decks 5 & 6 in the side balcony areas will. Decks 7 & 8 do not as they are stateroom decks, but the elevator lobbies and balcony walkways will overlook the atrium.

See link attached for an atrium photo which shows decks 4 - 8.

http://cruiseweb.com/rci-imagelibrary/ship-Grandeur/RCI_Grandeur_Centrum_UR.jpg

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There were 2 aerial shows in the Centrum on our 7-night Grandeur cruise. One time we viewed it from a lateral position on a higher deck (7?) and one time we saw it from the Main Centrum deck, deck 4. Each viewing position gives you a different perspective. There is some seating on deck 5 and 6, but it is very minimal. You will have to get there early to grab a seat. Also, there are a few rehersals in the mornings during the week. We were able to watch those as well. The shows are lovely, and you should make every attempt to see it at least once. They don't last long. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes tops.

There were 2 aerial shows in the Centrum on our 7-night Grandeur cruise. One time we viewed it from a lateral position on a higher deck (7?) and one time we saw it from the Main Centrum deck, deck 4. Each viewing position gives you a different perspective. There is some seating on deck 5 and 6, but it is very minimal. You will have to get there early to grab a seat. Also, there are a few rehersals in the mornings during the week. We were able to watch those as well. The shows are lovely, and you should make every attempt to see it at least once. They don't last long. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes tops.

I guess we missed the other show. Will be back on her in July and will definitely check on the second show - as you say it is short but very good.

Weather (sea) conditions can effect the schedule but on our 13 night TA there were three different shows scheduled. I believe that only two were actually presented due to weather conditions during the crossing. There is some limited seating on the higher decks surrounding the Centrum. Otherwise it is standing room only but the shows aren't so long that it should be a serious problem. Our Deck 9 stateroom was immediately off the Centrum so we also got to see the aerialists up close and personal as they rehearsed during the week. They are amazing.

On the Grandeur they usually do rehearsals every morning at 9am. If the weather is not cooperating they then have a fall back time of noon. Here is a video of rehearsals from every deck:

They also have a short performance during the Captain's Welcome Reception:

As well as at the end of Summer Breeze:

Originally these 2 bonus performances were supposed to be random but people complained about missing them and when put on the compass as a stand alone people complained they were not worth the wait. I doubt any CD would try to split them off on their own again.

The full Aerial Show was done on our final night with 2 performances; one at 8:15 PM (

from deck 5) and the second at 10:15 PM (
from deck 7). It is great how much the deck change the feel of the show. The 8:15 show was packed though and the 10:15 was emptier. They were timed in a way that everyone on the sailing could attend both without missing dinner or the evening show which attributed to the unbalanced crowd levels.

I also have a bonus video where I edited the 2 angles together for a complete experience:

We will be on a 7 night Serenade cruise. If there are shows on 2 different nights, will it be the "same" show as in the same performance routine, where we would just need to see it once, or are they totally different, where we would want to see both?

We will be on a 7 night Serenade cruise. If there are shows on 2 different nights, will it be the "same" show as in the same performance routine, where we would just need to see it once, or are they totally different, where we would want to see both?

Each ship has one full aerial show. The Grandeur also has 2 small bonus shows that are now used as part of other events. Not sure if other ships have those still or if Royal Caribbean stopped creating them when they weren't successful.

Each ship has one full aerial show. The Grandeur also has 2 small bonus shows that are now used as part of other events. Not sure if other ships have those still or if Royal Caribbean stopped creating them when they weren't successful.

We watched the aerial show from deck 7 and 8. [once on Grandeur and once on Legend--same class ship] On deck 7 the aerialists entered from this floor. It was very interesting. However, there is some dancing on deck 4 that we could not see.

For your children I would either get a seat on deck 4 so you can see both parts of the show or go to one of the upper decks and get a spot by the railing. Otherwise they may not be able to see around the other passengers.

Thanks for all of the responses & the links to videos.

I'm going to try to get seats on 4. An hour ahead enough time?

Yes, an hour ahead of time should be fine. Bring a drink and a book and you'll be good to go;) Also, the two shows were different--not merely repeats. They are lovely performances and we enjoyed them a lot

I also have a bonus video where I edited the 2 angles together for a complete experience:

My son liked this video. (He is 5 & means no harm in his word choices) But he noticed that the one dancer changed from being dark skinned to be light skinned. I had to explain that it was a camera trick. (Very well edited!)

My son liked this video. (He is 5 & means no harm in his word choices) But he noticed that the one dancer changed from being dark skinned to be light skinned. I had to explain that it was a camera trick. (Very well edited!)

lol, thanks. That amazed me too, mainly because I didn't even realize they switched until after I edited it and was watching. It really shows just how skilled these aerialists are, they know every role and choose to swap positions between shows.