Public Service Announcement-price drop

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

Might be a silly question but I'm a newbie at cruising.

From reading this thread how I take it is I have a few options when booking a cruise.

1 - Book cruise and pay in full - Means no other discounts or upgrades?

2 - Pay a deposit - If price goes down they will adjust my price to the lower price as well???

3- Pay a deposit - If price goes up... My price stays the same or does it go up as well?

4 - If a deposit is paid... to get the free 123 promo do you have to pay in full before the 28th of Feb when promo expires or does the deposit keep it valid for you?

Thanks

If you put down a deposit and you do not change cabins your price safe from increases.

You can take advantage of price drops (with the exception of "new booking only" or special group pricing) up until final payment date----this can sometimes change your special promo stuff like 123.

After final payment you can use price drops to upgrade to a higher cabin but will get no monetary reduction. Once again might alter any special incentives such as 123.

But bear in mind asking RCCI or your TA is free so always check and then decide.

Paul

If you put down a deposit and you do not change cabins your price safe from increases.

You can take advantage of price drops (with the exception of "new booking only" or special group pricing) up until final payment date----this can sometimes change your special promo stuff like 123.

After final payment you can use price drops to upgrade to a higher cabin but will get no monetary reduction. Once again might alter any special incentives such as 123.

But bear in mind asking RCCI or your TA is free so always check and then decide.

Paul

Thank you!

How does X determine when to drop prices? :confused:

We are on a March sailing of the Connie and the ship is only about 75% full (and we are past final payment). The prices have been the same since August!

Carole - Our final payment for a cruise the end of March is not due until next week. There has been a drop in our Connie cruise by $30pp. I need to call celebrity.

Hi all,

Posted this on my roll call a few weeks ago. Summit to Bermuda June 1, 2014. I upgraded and got quite a deal. Have noticed that the cabin reservations for this particular date are increasing. I was able to keep my beverage package and dinner special. Was advised to pay now, If I have to cancel can always get refund up to date due. So I am paid in full. But in my situation there is no higher cabin in as much as the Penthouse suites are taken and we opted for the royal Suite.:cool:

Can I take advantage of a price drop if I had a free beverage package promo (Pick your Perk). I booked this cruise back in August.

I just tried calling Celebrity but the wait was too long (I'm at work...shhhh...). I did send the Captain's Club an email - has anyone had any luck with that?

Captains Club usually takes several days or weeks to get back by email.

I'd advise to call again when you have more time. I was on and off HOLD for a little over an hour today....all for $60. :rolleyes: However, both Elaine's that I talked with at the CC were VERY nice. :)

Celebrity lost $500 from me today. I tried to upgrade, but the stateroom category that I wanted was not available anymore. :(

BALTIC in June...we saved over $3,800; we booked onboard our last cruise, and the price just kepis going up, and up and...

WE never know for sure what is going to happen with cruise prices...but staying on top of them is the best!

There is a site that costs a very small fee to monitor...c r u ise

fis h

Edited by Lastdance

Hi again,

In answer to the question why did we pre-pay I answer:

The monies were already saved so what the heck DH and I agreed to pay when asked and didn't really think it was an out of the ordinary request. Now after reading a few more of the posts elsewhere I am noticing that any more reductions in amount of fare we probably will not be granted the reduction because we already paid. On that basis I will try to reach TA and ask why 6 weeks before due did we have to pay. Curious to know what she sez! But to be truthful, I feel better it is done and We are really going!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

BALTIC in June...we saved over $3,800; we booked onboard our last cruise, and the price just kepis going up, and up and...

WE never know for sure what is going to happen with cruise prices...but staying on top of them is the best!

There is a site that costs a very small fee to monitor...c r u ise

fis h

Share please.............:D:D

mrs gumbah at aol dot com

Now after reading a few more of the posts elsewhere I am noticing that any more reductions in amount of fare we probably will not be granted the reduction because we already paid. On that basis I will try to reach TA and ask why 6 weeks before due did we have to pay. Curious to know what she sez! But to be truthful, I feel better it is done and We are really going!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's possible you had to pay early if you were on a cruise rate. We had to pay earlier than normal for our upcoming cruise that was booked thru a group, but not 6 weeks ahead of the normal final payment. In that case, it was not a huge deal since my credit card bill wasn't closing for another few weeks anyway.

I would hope that you would at least get OBC if the fare goes down before final payment is due if you pay early.

This question has not been answered as yet for OP. Did you got the price drop from Celebrity directly or via an TA?

I do know you can get price drops organised through your TA, but do not know if and how you can get it done if booked via the Celebrity site.

I do know you can get price drops organised through your TA, but do not know if and how you can get it done if booked via the Celebrity site.

I think you're asking me if I did it through Celebrity or TA. We booked through Celebrity. We actually booked last year on the last day of the same cruise!