Princess Cruises last minute email deals

I've just had an interesting conversation with Princess on the phone.

I rang them to enquire about three cruises with the same itinerary over the next 3 months. Their system was down so I couldn't get prices off the net like I usually do.

Anyway, the girl I was speaking with was very helpful but the prices she was giving me were not. She asked if I had received a last minute deal via email for one of the cruises I was looking at. She said there is a great deal on offer however if you haven't been selected to receive that particular deal via email I can't offer it to you. I asked why, she explained that the last minute offers are only sent to selected guests....which we obviously aren't...:rolleyes:

So here I am with money in my wallet, time available and the date I want and they won't share the deal with me. If I want to book it I have to pay an overpriced balcony fare which is now showing on their website now that their system is back up again...

Interesting.

Jill

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

That happens. It's frustrating. It's a similar situation with the deals that Woolworths and Fly Buys email out to customers. There are many different spend and reward offers sent out and you are selected for a particular one and nothing you can do about it. :(

Princess is inundating me with emails and specials but nothing I want to do and still dearer than some other cruise lines. However, there was a booklet in last Sunday's paper and I think all the specials were the same.

The only one I want is the 5 day one to Tassie next December but I don't want to book now and will probably only book at the last minute due to circumstances in our lives - but boy am I tempted.

Princess is inundating me with emails and specials but nothing I want to do and still dearer than some other cruise lines. However, there was a booklet in last Sunday's paper and I think all the specials were the same.

The only one I want is the 5 day one to Tassie next December but I don't want to book now and will probably only book at the last minute due to circumstances in our lives - but boy am I tempted.

princess are dangling the carrot advertising the 3 for free sale but its still a good deal if you can take it

princess are dangling the carrot advertising the 3 for free sale but its still a good deal if you can take it

I also saw some nice cruises in the email and brochure, however, the deals are not that good compared to the competition. I suppose they are hoping for customers to pay that little bit more in the name of loyalty.:D

I dont think we are talking email sale deals that are offered to the general public. I think the list is one that only goes to a selected few as the prices would be such that if they advertised them widely they would be inundated and probably sued for not delivering. It would be for only the very few cabins that are left on last minute cruises. Usually it just goes to chosen Travel Agents and never gets any further than their desk as they or their staff take up the deals.Their is usually a time limit on the offer, sometimes only hours, and if accepted, must be be paid and settled in full by return e mail.

There used to be a big agency that does this overseas for ex airline staff for cruises in the States as the ex staff had access to quick and cheap flights and standby deals at a moments notice.

When Pacific Sky started in Sydney they used to ask in the questionnaire if you were able to do last minute cruises and if so would you like to be on their list.

You could always phone and ask to be placed on the list but if you did not take up one of their selected cruises after a couple of offers, they would probably move on to others who would , or could.

Hi Jill,

I can sure understand your frustration. Once again, another form of discrimination.

As you said, you want to give them money and they can't help or won't help you. I just don't understand their logic!

I could understand if you spent your money elsewhere - with another cruise line!

Nicki

Oh, I think we got the 3 for free deal sent for our next cruise. Not sure as my DH booked it and I haven't taken much notice as I am busy with family here.

Does seem rather discriminating - never heard of it before.

Sandie if you're talking about your princess cruise in march the 3 for free sale doesnt start then and in the t&c's it says for new bookings

http://www.princess.com/cruisedeals/au_3forfreesale.jsp#.UtGbg5GyrXo

No Bob, we have just booked for Hawaii in 2015. Don't believe it yet! :D

Sandie what date in 2015, the april or september one

in our sydney sunday paper princess has a 10 page flyer about the 3 for free sale but i didnt see that one advertised, i saw an online site in Brisbane advertise it but they could be wrong

3 for free is being advertised in papers here. Not a secret nor exclusive offer.

I always pump up my personal user details to both the travel agent & cruise line so I tick their high income earning, can travel at a drop of a hat, like to gamble, buy up art / gifts / souvenirs & drink heaps (ie translates into spend up big on their ship ;)) in the hope I get special consideration to their offers!!! LOL! :D Not sure if it's working as yet!!

3 for free is being advertised in papers here. Not a secret nor exclusive offer.

I always pump up my personal user details to both the travel agent & cruise line so I tick their high income earning, can travel at a drop of a hat, like to gamble, buy up art / gifts / souvenirs & drink heaps (ie translates into spend up big on their ship ;)) in the hope I get special consideration to their offers!!! LOL! :D Not sure if it's working as yet!!

If you are not getting the emails, it is not working. I wonder why I don't get some of them either.:rolleyes:

If you are not getting the emails, it is not working. I wonder why I don't get some of them either.:rolleyes:

i'm elite with princess but i dont get the emails....maybe because i dont book thru princess, i use a TA

:D but I do like claiming our household earns mega bucks. Maybe when it says other information & offers free text responses I should NOT have mentioned my diverse collection of bejewelled crocs MicC, maybe that's what blew my credibility!! :D LOL!

That is just wrong Lol :D,

Sandie what date in 2015, the april or september one

in our sydney sunday paper princess has a 10 page flyer about the 3 for free sale but i didnt see that one advertised, i saw an online site in Brisbane advertise it but they could be wrong

April, Bob. It wasn't in the email thingy but our TA had it.