Top Tier Event

Ours on the Navigator was in Studio B. Drinks not good. Entertainment so so. Interesting NO. Will I go again NO. Waste of cruise time for me. Not social at all.:( Used to be so nice with crew members walking around talking to people. A social event. I guess there are too many of us.

Wouldn't it be better if Royal would just load your SeaPass with 2 free mixed premium drinks or beer/wine to enjoy anytime during the cruise? At least you would be able to choose your drink. There is lots of food onboard as it is so its not like your getting something special unless its caviar or some exotic canapes

It varies from cruise to cruise and ship to ship as to whether or not h'ordeuvres are served...

Agreed; the upper tier events are different from ship to ship as I think it depends on how many passengers are involved. For example, on our Brilliance Med cruise our upper tier event was breakfast in one of the lounges. It was incredible - delicious elegant buffet offered on real plates (!), champagne, and the Captain and several senior officers were there. It was fabulous. There were only about 30 people there; I'm guessing the low number of upper C&A guests made this event extra special, as they obviously did more than what OP got.

Wouldn't it be better if Royal would just load your SeaPass with 2 free mixed premium drinks or beer/wine to enjoy anytime during the cruise? At least you would be able to choose your drink...

Mmm, I'm thinking they at least want to gather us all in one room so they can say thank you but also to push their newest ships and itineraries. That seems to be part of the LA's job description. :D

Use it or Lose it! If people quit going to the event, RCCL can just eliminate and save the money on the drinks and the hassle of the party. Then what will everyone say, yet again another cost costing move, lol. RCL can not please all the people all the time but, at least they try, imho.

Use it or Lose it! If people quit going to the event, RCCL can just eliminate and save the money on the drinks and the hassle of the party. Then what will everyone say, yet again another cost costing move, lol. RCL can not please all the people all the time but, at least they try, imho.

I totally agree. if folks keep staying away, RCCL will say "we give them a party and they are no show. so we will have to stop it". and you can bet the first to complain are the no shows. they always have an excuse. been there done that, i can drink in my lounge, too busy, bad time, etc. etc. wake up cruisers, if royal is offering us something, take advantage of it. ---USE OR LOSE---

I think it's strange that the "Top Tier" party includes the top 5 levels. Everybody but the gold level. Not so special. It needs to reworked:rolleyes:

and just how do you propose they should do this?

Edited by Cruzin-K

Sorry...but the last top tier event I attended I nearly got trampled in the rush for "free drinks"...Jewel Dec. 2011...maybe it's because they were still having Diamond's in Dec. but a free drink & a sales pitch are not worth getting run over to me...I'll just sit quietly in the CL and enjoy my drink..

I think it's strange that the "Top Tier" party includes the top 5 levels. Everybody but the gold level. Not so special. It needs to reworked:rolleyes:

There is a Welcome Back Party for all guests, an Upper Tier Party for those Platinum and up, and then the Diamond Lounge/Event for Diamond and up. How should it be reworked? What would you change?

There is a Welcome Back Party for all guests, an Upper Tier Party for those Platinum and up, and then the Diamond Lounge/Event for Diamond and up. How should it be reworked? What would you change?

I do go to the Top Tier Party, but it is too large and I think the Top Tier Party should be for the top tiers. Not 5 out of 6. When it started there was just Gold, Platinum and Diamond. They could have the Welcome back party for all and then have a Platinum/Emerald Party. You're right the Diamond and above already have their lounges so, do they really need another party? I just don't think it should be called Top Tier when it's almost all tiers.

Sorry...but the last top tier event I attended I nearly got trampled in the rush for "free drinks"...Jewel Dec. 2011...maybe it's because they were still having Diamond's in Dec. but a free drink & a sales pitch are not worth getting run over to me...I'll just sit quietly in the CL and enjoy my drink..

I think you just used one of the excuses I said would come. (post # 12).

do as you wish. but don't complain about cutbacks.

I do go to the Top Tier Party, but it is too large and I think the Top Tier Party should be for the top tiers. Not 5 out of 6. When it started there was just Gold, Platinum and Diamond. They could have the Welcome back party for all and then have a Platinum/Emerald Party. You're right the Diamond and above already have their lounges so, do they really need another party? I just don't think it should be called Top Tier when it's almost all tiers.

Heaven forbid we lowly Platinum/Emerald members get to hob-nob with the upper crust Diamond+'s :rolleyes:

I actually LIKE to go to the top tier parties. I enjoy talking to the people who've sailed on a bajillion cruises and hear about their trips to exotic ports that I've yet to visit. Apparently, they must not feel the same way. I'll keep that in mind on my cruises in the next few weeks, and only speak when spoken to.

I really don't want to go to some party for just Platinum/Emerald where there'd be what? 80 people? Yawn.

a close friend of mine that cruises a lot said the invitations for the top tier party should be for those with 500 cruise points or higher. this way RCL could show their really loyal cruisers a party that's top shelf. finest mixed drinks and food. I thought he was crazy. but one thing, it would not be very crowded (there is no chance of getting run over:D) . and those that got an invite will definitely show up...

Edited by phish tales

a close friend of mine that cruises a lot said the invitations for the top tier party should be for those with 500 cruise points or higher. this way RCL could show their really loyal cruisers a party that's top shelf. finest mixed drinks and food. I thought he was crazy. but one thing, it would not be very crowded (there is no chance of getting run over:D) . and those that got an invite will definitely show up...

Why worry about having a party for 500 and up? Most go to the CL. Again, why the need for a party?

The top tier event on the Allure first week in December was the worst I've been to. Drinks were hard to get. And no selection. No food. And in the theater. Little show was nice. But spending 45 minutes watching the top cruisers get their pictures taken was boring. The welcome back party was so much better. Better drinks. Better selection. Better show. More officers talking to guests. I miss the brunch type event they used to do for top tier. I miss it being a cocktail type event with officers milling around and talking to us. But, I'll still go to the event and hope the Allure event was just a fluke.

How do we know they don't? :)

We're now emerald, after two cruises as platinum. Jewell in 2012 (UK to Russia) was wonderful; Freedom this summer no so much. I think it really depends on the cruise, and suspect the smaller the ship, the better the event!

My random thoughts, for what they're worth!