Top Tier Event

Use it or Lose it! If people quit going to the event, RCCL can just eliminate and save the money on the drinks and the hassle of the party. Then what will everyone say, yet again another cost costing move, lol. RCL can not please all the people all the time but, at least they try, imho.

We went to our first 'top tier' event on the Legend last October, it didn't seem that crowded and to be honest, the welcome back party seemed better (perhaps it was the venue) so that may explain why. It didn't meet my expectations but I will still attend future events.

As the Legend is the smallest ship in the fleet i'd guess the smaller the ship does not mean the better the event. I have nothing to compare it to other than other cruisers observations.

The amount of wine that was poured down the drain at the end of the event was obscene.

So I would agree... use it or lose it!

Edited by icsys

I think it's strange that the "Top Tier" party includes the top 5 levels. Everybody but the gold level. Not so special. It needs to reworked:rolleyes:

it makes Platinum & Emerald look better on the brochure to include them. nothing against those levels, just sayin.:o

...I think it really depends on the cruise, and suspect the smaller the ship, the better the event!...

Not sure... I truly think that it is the number of upper tier guests onboard that determines the kind of event it will be. You can have a smaller ship and still have hundreds and hundreds of top tier guests onboard (think longer cruises - repos, and TA's for example).

Not sure... I truly think that it is the number of upper tier guests onboard that determines the kind of event it will be. You can have a smaller ship and still have hundreds and hundreds of top tier guests onboard (think longer cruises - repos, and TA's for example).

Probably true. Our Jewell experience was on a 12 day cruise. The Safari Club/Congo Bar was somewhat unique versus the Freedom/Oasis Class, and there were probably fewer "top tier" guests. So the length of the cruise and the size, Northern Europe versus Caribbean, and design of the ship all probably made the event better. Actually, the welcome back seemed better on Jewell, probably for the same reasons...

We went during our B2B Dec of 2012 so during our last Dec 2013 cruise we didn't even bother showing up to the Top Tier event. We can leave it more than we can take it.

lady cruiser, it is your choice to do as you please, but read my post #12 and icsys #26..

again as i said, it is your cruise do as you please......

I think it's strange that the "Top Tier" party includes the top 5 levels. Everybody but the gold level. Not so special. It needs to reworked:rolleyes:

I agree. To be clear, I don't care how they do it or who is invited. I just think the wording "top tier" is funny, considering it's all C&A except one group. :D

This would be great..We are platinum, but I agree also that a Top Tier should only include folks much higher up the ladder than us..

Wouldn't it be better if Royal would just load your SeaPass with 2 free mixed premium drinks or beer/wine to enjoy anytime during the cruise? At least you would be able to choose your drink. There is lots of food onboard as it is so its not like your getting something special unless its caviar or some exotic canapes