Travel Agency issue

north29

We booked a cruise more than a year ago onboard a RC cruise. I guess the person who made the reservation, though that we wanted to use the same Travel agency and gave it to them with out asking.

I would like to take the travel agency off my cruise as they will not do much for me if any thing other that making it hard for me to manage my own cruise, which I usually do.

Before I call RC, and request this, has anyone ever done this?

The agency has to release your reservation back to RCL.

We did this once and the agency kept telling me that they released it but they had not. RCL intervened and got it switched back to them.

Edited by molly361

The travel agent will need to release your booking.. which they may or may not be willing to do...they may also charge you a cancellation fee...it's standard practice for RCL to give any booking made onboard to the agent who booked the cruise you are on at time of booking...you have to request they NOT assign it to your current TA...which I guess you know now...once you book onboard you have 60 days to shop around & decide if you want to transfer the booking to a TA for OBC or other perks...

I think that, as the kids say,sucks, as the Travel Agency did nothing to get the booking. It is my money, cruise etc I should be able to do what I want.

If they give me a issue I will try and switch to another agency for spite LOL.

I have no problem with the Agency, at least right now, but they are not offering me any perks or any other reason to use them.

I am hearing impaired, legally deaf under certain conditions, I must have missed the question of giving it to my travel agency.

Thanks

I am hearing impaired, legally deaf under certain conditions, I must have missed the question of giving it to my travel agency.

Thanks

If memory serves, I don't think they actually ask you. It automatically goes to the TA who booked your current cruise.

I think that, as the kids say,sucks, as the Travel Agency did nothing to get the booking. It is my money, cruise etc I should be able to do what I want.

If they give me a issue I will try and switch to another agency for spite LOL.

I have no problem with the Agency, at least right now, but they are not offering me any perks or any other reason to use them.

Thanks

Sometimes they don't even ask the question. I'd call Royal and tell them you were not aware your booking was going to a travel agency. See if they can help you.

If memory serves, I don't think they actually ask you. It automatically goes to the TA who booked your current cruise.

It does state clearly on the booking form that "Your open booking will be reserved through the Travel Professional you are currently booked through on this cruise" and " You and your Travel Professional will receive email confirmation with your Open Booking Number. "

It does state clearly on the booking form that "Your open booking will be reserved through the Travel Professional you are currently booked through on this cruise" and " You and your Travel Professional will receive email confirmation with your Open Booking Number. "

Fair enough. But they don't necessarily remind you of this verbally, so if you don't read the details you could miss it.