New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

Could we at least list inside, oceanview, or balcony
What do you do in a case like 3345 on the R-class? On the Rotterdam it's a CA Lanai, on the Amsterdam it's a C OV, and on the Volendam and Zaandam it's a J Inside. Edited by jtl513

What do you do in a case like 3345 on the R-class? On the Rotterdam it's a CA Lanai, on the Amsterdam it's a C OV, and on the Volendam and Zaandam it's a J Inside.

I assume you don't plan to use the same picture for all 4 cabins. I would think if you got multiples the listing would go something like:

3345 - Rotterdam (OV or lanai)

3345 - Amsterdam (OV)

3345 - Volendam (I)

3345 - Zaandam (I)

While categories can change, I wouldn't expect a room to go from inside to balcony with a reclassification. The hitch would be creating more lanai cabins in a drydock, and I think it's appropriate to classify all as OV.

Roy

I assume you don't plan to use the same picture for all 4 cabins. I would think if you got multiples the listing would go something like:

3345 - Rotterdam (OV or lanai)

3345 - Amsterdam (OV)

3345 - Volendam (I)

3345 - Zaandam (I)

While categories can change, I wouldn't expect a room to go from inside to balcony with a reclassification. The hitch would be creating more lanai cabins in a drydock, and I think it's appropriate to classify all as OV.

Roy

thanks Roy for the suggestion :D

Cabin classes are going on a massive reclassification soon, a cabin booked next week isn't the same as a cruise in Dec 2014. Listing categories isn't a viable option for us unfortunately.

Listing OV, I, L, V might work, good idea Ray.

RJC (Rick, Jacqui, Chris),

I sent you a boatload (hah!) of photos today, and will send more from my Eurodam 2013 Northern Atlantic TA as soon as I sort them out. But, I noticed that on some of the sections of the great new site that you have daily programs and menus. Do you want those as well? On that 2013 Eurodam TA, I posted daily skeds and menus -- do you want those files? (OK, it may have been a bit of overkill on my live blog, but people on these boards in the past seemed to want that info about various cruises, so I included them.)

Dave

Edited by RetiredMustang

RJC (Rick, Jacqui, Chris),

I sent you a boatload (hah!) of photos today, and will send more from my Eurodam 2013 Northern Atlantic TA as soon as I sort them out. But, I noticed that on some of the sections of the great new site that you have daily programs and menus. Do you want those as well? On that 2013 Eurodam TA, I posted daily skeds and menus -- do you want those files? (OK, it may have been a bit of overkill on my live blog, but people on these boards in the past seemed to want that info about various cruises, so I included them.)

Dave

Dave - in an earlier post jtl513 said you were responsible for the wifi locations on either the R or S Class ships -- may we include those?

Thanks

Rich

Just copying and pasting a suggestion from Sherilyn70 after another poster said they were reluctant to email pics in - here was the reply

"'Then perhaps they can just set up a drop box for those that afraid to use their real email addresses. Drop boxes are fairly easy to use and free for the most part. "

Just copying and pasting a suggestion from Sherilyn70 after another poster said they were reluctant to email pics in - here was the reply

"'Then perhaps they can just set up a drop box for those that afraid to use their real email addresses. Drop boxes are fairly easy to use and free for the most part. "

Jacqui, does that mean that you three are going to set up a drop box with instructions?

Jacqui, does that mean that you three are going to set up a drop box with instructions?

no - I am just copying and pasting the suggestion for consideration.

I don't know if a drop box is really necessary - I'll leave that to the other two technical geniuses. (and it means another thing to check for pics too)

But, since the suggestion was made I wanted it on this thread so that we have them all.

Dave - in an earlier post jtl513 said you were responsible for the wifi locations on either the R or S Class ships -- may we include those?

Thanks

Rich

Rich,

Of course you may. The list I have is from Maasdam in Feb 2012; I assume the rest of the "S" class ships have them in the same locations. I don't know if they translate to the "R" class ships.

There are other wifi repeaters in the public areas of the ship, but I listed those repeaters that were outside the cabins. Here is the list, if you don't already have it:

Deck 4 port – 712, 732, 764, 804, 840

Deck 4 starboard – 713, 737, 759, 789, 825

Deck 5 port – 524, 556, 594, 634, 670

Deck 5 starboard – 523, 557, 589, 629, 665

Deck 6 port – 310, 326, 344, 376, 404

Deck 6 starboard – 311, 323, 341, 375, 403

Deck 9 port – 110, 128, 154, 182, 210

Deck 9 starboard – 111, 139, 167, 195

Deck 10 port – 008, 016, 026, 040

Deck 10 starboard – 005, 015, 041, 055

Dave

Are you interested in the Mariner's Lunch menu, or any of the today ON LOCATIONs that I collected from my recent cruise on the Ryndam?

I don't want to speak out of turn 1of4 as I am only 1of3 :p but I would certainly think that the Mariner's luncheon menu would be great.

I'll let the other 2of3 chime in thought. thank you = very appreciated :D

I'm thinking my pictures of the Noordam from 2009 are too old for the site. I'm willing to send them if they aren't too old.

thank you AlohaPride - if you send them in with the date - then it will be in perspective - we are starting fresh and most rooms haven't changed that much so the more the pics that we have the better. Remember, I am only 1of3;)

Really appreciate the help.

Good idea, startwin. I'll do the same. These three folks have done a lot of work so far...

ahhh - you are all so kind. I give Kudos to the 2of3 who really know what they are doing and had to ''train'' me. We are really lucky to have sspunk and richwmn (sp?) to do this. they are both pros and know what they are doing.:D

I just completed a few more cabins. A gentle reminder - please include your screen name and the date the pictures were taken.

For those people who have already sent pictures - a big thanks. If you did not include your screen name / date send it so I can give proper credit

Rich

have you asked to have the website made a sticky at the top of the HAL page? I think it would be helpful not to have to bump it to the first page when it drops off.

Also, I realized my pictures of Eurodam and Amsterdam cabins are at home on my desk top so unfortunately I can't send them until April.

Thanks for all your hard work.