Silhouette or Reflection?

Topo Gigio

Ships are close to the same and both are newer, the Silhouette is the newest. For it would come down to two things.

Ports you like the best.

Port you prefer to leave from. Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

We decided BT booking both, one for Feb and one for Dec.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Ships are close to the same and both are newer, the Silhouette is the newest. For it would come down to two things.

Ports you like the best.

Port you prefer to leave from. Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

We decided BT booking both, one for Feb and one for Dec.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Silhouette is actually the older of the two.

They have added cabins on Reflection and some report that it seemed more crowded than other S class ships. Other than that, it's just the ports that would make the difference.

Haven't been on the Reflection, but in Silhouette mid-December we did not find the music off-putting or too loud. The Smart Casuals in the atrium were about the loudest, and even then we could still carry on a conversation if we weren't right at or on the dance floor. It was one of the most fun cruises we have had. Great mix of people.

We are trying to choose between them for next fall. Same itenerary (the town in Jamacia is different, but both go to Jamacia). Reflection leaves on a Sat and Silhouette on a Sunday (plus for Reflection). Reflection leaves from Miami and Silhouette from FLL (plus for Silhouette). So confused! Don't know which to book!!

Reflection is going to San Juan, St.Thomas & ST.Maarten and Silhouette is going to San Juan, ST.Kitts & St.Maarten. Btw I have been to all those islands already. Price difference at the moment is $8.21 LOL!

Guess I will have to throw a coin. Thanks for all your input anyways. Since I'm regularly in Florida I guess I will sail on both eventually..

I chose the Silhouette for March 2, i'm sailing Aqua Class and I hear Blu on Reflection is overly crowded due to all the additional cabins. I loved Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse, and figured Silhouette was the most like the earlier ships

If we go on the Silhouette it will be for the March 2 sailing as well.

I chose the Silhouette for March 2, i'm sailing Aqua Class and I hear Blu on Reflection is overly crowded due to all the additional cabins. I loved Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse, and figured Silhouette was the most like the earlier ships

You are right on! If I were to sail Aqua class, I would choose Silhouette. Blu dining on the Reflection was not up to the quality of food and service that we have had on the other ships you have referred to. However, if you were in another class, then the Reflection has some nice improvements and would be a great choice. Reflection is a real nice ship and we had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know which you pick!!

The big winner is Independence of the Seas. The price was too good not to go. It's a 8 nighter. Freedom Class are my favorite class of ships of the 7 seas anyways. Will take Celebrity in the not to distant future. Thanks for all your input.