Pacific Coastal Cruises

marcyjane

We are booked for the Century Pacific Coastal on March 29th-we have done the same itinerary on Princess and loved it-beautiful ports-fabulous to sail under the Golden Gate bridge-we prefer Celebrity, so we can't wait! For us this is a true "vacation" "relaxing getaway" as we can drive to and from the port, we're very familiar with every port, and we can hook up with our San Francisco relatives when we are there. That said, we booked an inside...and dang I'm gonna miss a balcony on this one!

:)

Robin

I've been on 1 pacific coastal from seattle down to astoria & back, and 2 from long beach to Catalina Island and Ensenada - these cruises were cold! Ensenada might have got up to 70 or so, but not what I would consider really warm weather.

Been on 2 cruises down to mazatlan & puerto vallarta from LA, the one in July was quite hot but the one in February was not.

It was in the 80s every port on the cruise I took to Alaska last june - never expected that.

Thanks to all of you for your response. Sure hope so want to see parts of California and like cruise better than land vacations. Thanks

Marcy

I love cruising too, but let me say that you aren't going to see much of California on a cruise! It is a perfect set-up for a land trip since you can go south to north (and yes they are different) and east to west (ditto) and see four+ distinct regions and cultures.

That's not to say the ports on a cruise aren't great, there's just a LOT more of California to see.

The Grand Princess is home ported in San Francisco now. We are not Princess fans but it's fun to see her docked at the Embarcadero and imagine what all those cruisers are seeing and doing! But a port day in San Francisco is like a port day in Rome--not even close to enough time.

I love cruising too, but let me say that you aren't going to see much of California on a cruise! It is a perfect set-up for a land trip since you can go south to north (and yes they are different) and east to west (ditto) and see four+ distinct regions and cultures.

That's not to say the ports on a cruise aren't great, there's just a LOT more of California to see.

The Grand Princess is home ported in San Francisco now. We are not Princess fans but it's fun to see her docked at the Embarcadero and imagine what all those cruisers are seeing and doing! But a port day in San Francisco is like a port day in Rome--not even close to enough time.

Everthing you said is true, but I'm still tempted to take a cruise that has SF as a port and take some excursions. Or I could just go home and do laundry.

Thanks, my nearing late 60's and don't want to fly, rent a car and drive in California. Don't like the long bus tours hotel to hotel, town to town. and least on the cruise I don't have and the first day un pack and pack can get up walk around and do all kinds of things and not be sitting on a bus til next stop. But yes I would love to see more of CA. but seeing some I guess is better than none.

We are booked for the Century Pacific Coastal on March 29th-we have done the same itinerary on Princess and loved it-beautiful ports-fabulous to sail under the Golden Gate bridge-we prefer Celebrity, so we can't wait! For us this is a true "vacation" "relaxing getaway" as we can drive to and from the port, we're very familiar with every port, and we can hook up with our San Francisco relatives when we are there. That said, we booked an inside...and dang I'm gonna miss a balcony on this one!

:)

Robin

I'm on the cruise with you. I can't wait. Looking forward to different ports but wish it would continue north to Vancouver instead of Catalina and ensenada

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

We did a 5-day Pacific Coast round trip from San Diego, on April of last year. With only ports of call in Sanra Barbara, Catalina and Ensenada. We live half way between LA and Santa Barbara and visit both often. We still had a very good time. Even in Ensenada, which I have never been to. We found a couple of art galleries and a museum to visit. There is more to Ensenada than bars. Santa Barbara is a beautiful city for walking, and touring. There are many wine tasting tours to the Santa Ynez Valley, which is a beautiful area in my opinion. The cruises this year go to San Francisco, and.... what can I say, great City with lots to do. I have been watching the prices for the r/t from LA cruises and the prices have been going up and up. I think some of them are close to be sold out. I was hoping to do one next year too. Oh well!!

Hi, to the original poster.....I did a Pacific Coastal Repositioning cruise

in May 2011.....sailed from San Diego up to Vancouver with an overnight

stop in San Francisco on CENTURY.:)

As for 2015, Celebrity normally releases their itineraries in March/April

every year so in a few months we will all know if this itinerary and what

ship (if any) will be doing this route again.

Century (from what SEATRADER Magazine has posted) will be sold.....

As to the final cruises and that stuff? When the new itineraries are

released we will all know those answers.

Hi, to the original poster.....I did a Pacific Coastal Repositioning cruise

in May 2011.....sailed from San Diego up to Vancouver with an overnight

stop in San Francisco on CENTURY.:)

As for 2015, Celebrity normally releases their itineraries in March/April

every year so in a few months we will all know if this itinerary and what

ship (if any) will be doing this route again.

Century (from what SEATRADER Magazine has posted) will be sold.....

As to the final cruises and that stuff? When the new itineraries are

released we will all know those answers.

Thanks Lois R, I'll keep a watch for the schedule.

Because Century will be leaving the fleet? One ship less equals some itineraries lost.

I thought INFINITY replaces CENTURY on her Alaska and Pacific Coastal itineraries... :confused:

She has been disappearing from all the cruise call lists of Northern Europe in 2015 (Bergen, Le Havre, Olden, Amsterdam, etc...) so I thought she would be likely to return to Alaska and the US West Coast!? ;)

Celebrity will not be offering the pacific coast cruise in 2015. This has been confirmed with their corporate office. I want to do this cruise so I will be looking at another cruise line to do it. I almost feel like a 2 timer by changing loyalty but it is what it is.

Celebrity will not be offering the pacific coast cruise in 2015. This has been confirmed with their corporate office. I want to do this cruise so I will be looking at another cruise line to do it. I almost feel like a 2 timer by changing loyalty but it is what it is.

OK thank you. :)

Could you get any other information about Celebrity's deployment for 2015?

Could it be realistic that INFINITY sails in Alaska or will X deploy only two ships there??

I thought INFINITY replaces CENTURY on her Alaska and Pacific Coastal itineraries... :confused:

She has been disappearing from all the cruise call lists of Northern Europe in 2015 (Bergen, Le Havre, Olden, Amsterdam, etc...) so I thought she would be likely to return to Alaska and the US West Coast!? ;)

Hi, I cannot recall the last time Infinity replaced Century anywhere.

I do know Infinity normally did Alaska but she sailed out of Seattle and

Century from Vancouver. But I don't remember seeing Infinity on a

Pacific Coastal Cruise.

I thought that X needs a ship which replaces CENTURY on her Alaska cruises from Vancouver (and maybe West Coast) - so I thought INFINITY would be the most likely option... :confused:

I know that until 2012 INFINITY sailed from Seattle... ;)

Oh...yes...the Vancouver itinerary for Alaska.....guess we will find out

in about 3 months;).....I know Solstice has been doing Alaska out of

Seattle now so who knows which ship will be sailing from Vancouver.

Oh...yes...the Vancouver itinerary for Alaska.....guess we will find out

in about 3 months;).....I know Solstice has been doing Alaska out of

Seattle now so who knows which ship will be sailing from Vancouver.

I think SOLSTICE from Seattle and MILLENNIUM between Vancouver and Seward will also be in 2015 as well as in 2014. ;)

Let's hope there will be a third X ship for the Vancouver round-trip...

Pacific coast is on my bucket list also but I have been told hat this will not be included in the 2015 calendar. Very disappointed

I agree. We were hoping to book a Pacific coast cruise in 2015 also. We would like to stay with Celebrity, but will probably have to consider another cruise line.

Hi,

I too would like to do a coastal in 2015' I live in the northwest and love to do it along the west coast to the vineyards. Hopefully celebrity will put infinity to do it. I am elite and love celebrity.

Hopefully, I will know before I go on an eastern Caribbean in march 2nd so I can book on board.

Thanks all for the info and will keep fingers cross for our itinerary .

Angel

Hi,

I too would like to do a coastal in 2015' I live in the northwest and love to do it along the west coast to the vineyards. Hopefully celebrity will put infinity to do it. I am elite and love celebrity.

Hi,

would be great in INFINITY came to Alaska and the US West Coast.

But if you are a X Elite member than you should also have many club benefits when cruising with RCI! RCI is expected to do Pacific Coastals with JEWEL OF THE SEAS. :)

I agree. We were hoping to book a Pacific coast cruise in 2015 also. We would like to stay with Celebrity, but will probably have to consider another cruise line.

Princess is the only other one that I know of that does regular scheduled ones (spring & fall/winter) out of Los Angeles.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Edited by ccruisequeen

I guess we are spoiled, what with our only Pacific coast cruise boarding in SF. It was beautiful! I'd love to go again.

Any cruise that goes to Canada is out. My DH has an old DUI on this records so Canada won't let him in.

It looks like Princess or Royal are our only choices. Our only cruise on Royal was a nightmare, but I might be able to talk DH into trying it again if it's here in California.