FCC's After The Fact..

Kenswing

I somehow found myself without any FCC's when booking the Canada/Colonial America cruise. I was going to wait but the Emerald Mini's were going fast.

We'll be cruising in April. Can I buy FCC's then have them applied to an already booked cruise?

Also, how many FCC's can you buy at a time? I want to book a Panama Canal cruise soon..

I doubt you could apply FCCs to an already booked cruise if you're within the final payment date. It might be possible to rebook a cruise with an FCC if you're outside final payment.

I don't know of a limit to the number of FCCs you can buy at a time. We've bought up to three each. You must buy them on board a ship. There have been reports that you can purchase them on a ship during a Bon Voyage Experience. Unfortunately I see you're in Seattle so you don't have an easy opportunity to catch a local sailing soon. Best bet is to get them all on your April cruise.

Edited by beg3yrs

I somehow found myself without any FCC's when booking the Canada/Colonial America cruise. I was going to wait but the Emerald Mini's were going fast.

We'll be cruising in April. Can I buy FCC's then have them applied to an already booked cruise? No

Also, how many FCC's can you buy at a time? As many as you can afford.

I want to book a Panama Canal cruise soon.

:)

Thanks for the replies..

I understand I can only purchase FCC's onboard. That's why I'm stuck waiting until our April cruise.

The Canada cruise isn't until October so we're still aways from final payment. My only reservation against cancelling and rebooking the cruise is that there is only one Emerald deck Mini now. Doubtful there will be any come April.

Thanks for the replies..

I understand I can only purchase FCC's onboard. That's why I'm stuck waiting until our April cruise.

The Canada cruise isn't until October so we're still aways from final payment. My only reservation against cancelling and rebooking the cruise is that there is only one Emerald deck Mini now. Doubtful there will be any come April.

If you really want that mini, book it now. Yes, the FCC is nice to use but IMHO, having the right cabin trumps the benefits of the FCC. FCCs are nice, but they aren't THAT nice. You still might be able to apply the FCC anyway.

If you really want that mini, book it now. Yes, the FCC is nice to use but IMHO, having the right cabin trumps the benefits of the FCC. FCCs are nice, but they aren't THAT nice. You still might be able to apply the FCC anyway.

I've already booked the Mini.. That's why I'm asking if I can apply FCC's after the fact.. ;)

I need to subscribe to Pam's philosophy and make sure I have at least two FCC's on hand at all times.. LOL

You cannot apply an FCC to a booked cruise.

There is no limit to the number of FCC's you can purchase. I have bought 4 or 5 for each of us on a cruise.

I've applied FCCs after booking a cruise. I had booked myself solo, then added my DH to the booking and applied one of his FCCs for his deposit. I haven't tried to apply one where both of us were already booked, but the TA software seems to allow it.

I too live in fear of coming up short on FCC's. Lately we always have four each and haven't run out yet but we are now stepping up our cruising so we could soon get to the point where we are booking a trip when we already have one booked that we haven't yet sailed on. Will have to give this some more thought and possibly buy even more. I always figured at only $100 each it isn't worth risking not having enough.

I'm wondering if you can't get out of your bind Kenswing by only booking a room on each different sailing as a single occupancy initially. Your FCC will book the room with $100 down and you will get the additional OBC'S. you are able to add another person to the room up until virtually the last minute and by then you will have the additional FCC that you need. With this strategy you can stretch your one (each) remaining FCC to two B2B cruises but if you don't have one each left you might be out of luck having already booked the first cruise(s).

I think the ones you have booked already are with us on Pacific Princess in April so you aren't quite at the final payment date if you could change a room to single occupancy to recover a FCC. When you add the second person to the room it is apparently always done at the same rate that you got so shouldn't be anything to worry about with price increases.

I haven't done any of this but it occurred to me as a possibility for you.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I too live in fear of coming up short on FCC's. lately we always have four each and haven't run out yet but we are now stepping up our cruising so we could soon get to the point where we book a trip when we already have one booked that we haven't sailed on yet. Will have to give this some more thought!

I'm wondering if you can't get out of your bind Kenswing buy only booking a room on each different sailing as a single occupancy initially. Your FCC will book the room with $100 down and you will get the additional OBC'S. you are able to add another person to the room up until virtually the last minute and by then you will have the additional FCC that you need. With this strategy you can stretch your one (each) remaining FCC to two B2B cruises but if you don't have one each left you might be out of luck having already booked the first cruise(s).

I think the ones you have booked are with us on Pacific Princess in April so you aren't quite at final payment date if you could change a room to single occupancy to recover a FCC. When you add the second person to the room it is apparently always done at the same rate that you got so shouldn't be anything to worry about with price increases.

I haven't done any of this but it occurred to me as a possibility for you.

Terry

Thanks, Terry..

I've already made final payment for the Tahiti cruise and have already booked the Colonial America cruise..

I can wait until after the Tahiti cruise to book the Panama Canal since it's not until April 2015.. You bring up some interesting scenarios though..

I booked a cruise online for the 1st time last year & either through my ineptness or a system glitch or a combination of both I couldn’t apply our FCCs so I paid the deposit. A few months later I transferred the booking to a TA who was able to apply FCCs giving us got the additional deposit and OBC.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I booked a cruise online for the 1st time last year & either through my ineptness or a system glitch or a combination of both I couldn’t apply our FCCs so I paid the deposit. A few months later I transferred the booking to a TA who was able to apply FCCs giving us got the additional deposit and OBC.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think I'll just get a few extra FCC's on our next cruise and see if I can get them applied to our existing booking.. Thanks!

Hi Ken, I bought 8 FCCs in November, 4 for each of us. I am down to just one left for myself and 2 for Steve.

I think the only thing you can do for sure to get them applied to an existing booking is to cancel and rebook. You might have a Princess vacation consultant do it for you if you booked direct, otherwise talk to your travel agent. I have cancelled and rebooked a few times and not lost a cabin yet, but it can happen.

We are down to one FCC each and are sailing next month. Time to buy at least two FCC each for future use. I would say that if you cancel a cruise and then immediately book the same cruise/cabin your chances of losing it is really good unless they have oversold it.