Just back from Summit- Wow what a week

spunke

We just returned form our third trip aboard the Summit- and in short WOW

I will post a normal review but whited to put some quick notes up first.

This was our first time on the Summit since its refurb- We both loved the changes.

The Ship is in excellent condition and the crew were as warm and attentive as I remember.

High points-

Bistro on Five- please go it is great.

Justin Wade- Best guitar player on any cruise- fantastic

Select dinning- Table 433- same waiters and table all week with no wait- Rosemary Rocks!

Staff- all were attentive and welcoming the entire week.

Fellow passages- we meet a lot of great people and had a tremendous time

Food- Not sure where the complaints come from but as far as cruises go- I see no cut backs on food on either presentation or quality. Every meal we had either at Bistro and Select Dinning was cooked to order and very good. The Lamb Shank was especially good.

All the other little changes and improvements were great-

This was our 8th Celebrity Cruise and 17th trip overall- hard to think that they could still be surprising us but we bother remarked several times that we were both impressed.

Formal review to follow but Thank you Celebrity for a great week.

This was our first time on the Summit since its refurb- We both loved the changes.

The Ship is in excellent condition and the crew were as warm and attentive as I remember.

High points-

Select dinning- Table 433- same waiters and table all week with no wait- Rosemary Rocks!

Food- Not sure where the complaints come from but as far as cruises go- I see no cut backs on food on either presentation or quality. Every meal we had either at Bistro and Select Dinning was cooked to order and very good. The Lamb Shank was especially good.

This was our 8th Celebrity Cruise and 17th trip overall- hard to think that they could still be surprising us but we bother remarked several times that we were both impressed.

I love, love, love hearing this - thank you! We board next Saturday - can't wait!

Can someone explain to me what select dining is? Thanks!

Select dining means you have no preset dining time or table. You must pre-pay gratuities and then you can just show up at the MDR when you want. You may ask to have a table for your party size or asked to be seated with others. You can also make a reservation for a specific time for the whole cruise or for a specific night.

Advantage: Huge amount of flexibility

Disadvantage: Change in waiter and table means you get less personalized service. Some would miss having dinner with the same group every night. Some would miss the routine that a pre-set time provides.

Many cruise-lines offer it but by a different name. NCL was first and call it Freestyle and now that's all they offer, RCCL calls it MTD.

Hope this is clear enough.

Personal choice: We love it!

High points-

Thanks for the comments, we will take you on on Bistro at Five aboard the Infinity in a few weeks!

I started another thread for the review that should end up under members reviews- I copied it to the thread. In it I wrote about the islands and what we did. If you haven snorkeled at Buck Island it is worth the trip. Also St John's trunk bay- but it will be crowded