Atlantic winter crossing : Westbound

My brother in law and his wife (UK Residents) would love to visit us in Florida and return by one of the three repositioning cruise on offer at the end of April/early May.

Problem - his wife will not fly! Under any circumstances.

Are there any westbound Atlantic sea crossings (out of UK) during late March or April?

Done a search but nothing seems to come up that I can find

Thanks

The QM gets to NY a bit late to then drive to Fla, spend 2/3 weeks there an then take a re positioning cruise back. You'd be looking at early/mid June and most ships are already back in Europe by then. Have they considered a freighter one way? Check them out...they're nicer than you might think and it would be more likely you could book one of them OW to Fla (or farily close, like NOLA, Charleston, etc), like in March and then take a repositioning cruise ship back in April.

My brother in law and his wife (UK Residents) would love to visit us in Florida and return by one of the three repositioning cruise on offer at the end of April/early May.

Are there any westbound Atlantic sea crossings (out of UK) during late March or April?

Thanks

You missed it for this year BUT Cunard ALWAYS has a winter crossing either Dec 15 or the first week in January. 2014 Crossing is Dec 15-Dec. 22. It is usually the start of a WORLD cruise and there are no more crossings until the World Cruise completes. May have to keep your relatives for a little longer than they (or you) want but since they are spending the money to come to the USA anyhow, I am sure they could fill the time seeing a lot of this country.

These crossings are FILLED with ship nuts/winter crossing nuts and the late Dec/early January had become a ritual for a whole group of people that did the QE2 crossing almost yearly at that time. Sometimes rougher than a cob, sometimes smooth as silk. But lots of cabin crawls, fun times together, ladies in fur coats, great nights in the Champagne bars, etc. etc. The Captains always knew when this group was onboard and were generally overly accommodating. There are even pictures on CC showing the "secret passage" to the old QE2 funnel which was another "out of the box" experience. Usually the group was a younger crowd mixed in with those on the World Cruise. Some of the lecturers/special guest have been truly great on those winter crossings. John Maxtone-Graham who wrote the book "The Only Way to Cross" was on board on the 2006 winter crossing. Great lectures, great fun speaking to him and learning all about the intricacies of the QE2.

I have done it three times-1994, 2005 and 2006, booked for 2007, was on the plane in Phoenix sitting in first class. I had an allergic reaction on the ground to the macadamia nuts they served and was going into anaphylactic shock and they brought in the paramedics and I ended up in the hospital New Years Eve, 2006 (that cruise was in January 2007). 2008, we were booked but the ship was well oversold and Cunard offered us back all our money PLUS some goodies for future cruises, so we took it. DH didn't really want to go-he was being very stubborn and wanted to stay home and watch college Bowl games. But I was going until Cunard offered a full refund plus goodies. So we watched football.

Some of the most fun "cruises" we have ever had. The group on board during those December crossing is very, very eclectic with some on there for the World Cruise and a lot who are just "Winter Crossing Nuts" who want to see the ship rock and roll across the Atlantic.

Enjoy if you do this crossing.

Thanks

You missed it for this year BUT Cunard ALWAYS has a winter crossing either Dec 15 or the first week in January. 2014 Crossing is Dec 15-Dec. 22. It is usually the start of a WORLD cruise and there are no more crossings until the World Cruise completes. May have to keep your relatives for a little longer than they (or you) want but since they are spending the money to come to the USA anyhow, I am sure they could fill the time seeing a lot of this country.

These crossings are FILLED with ship nuts/winter crossing nuts and the late Dec/early January had become a ritual for a whole group of people that did the QE2 crossing almost yearly at that time. Sometimes rougher than a cob, sometimes smooth as silk. But lots of cabin crawls, fun times together, ladies in fur coats, great nights in the Champagne bars, etc. etc. The Captains always knew when this group was onboard and were generally overly accommodating. There are even pictures on CC showing the "secret passage" to the old QE2 funnel which was another "out of the box" experience. Usually the group was a younger crowd mixed in with those on the World Cruise. Some of the lecturers/special guest have been truly great on those winter crossings. John Maxtone-Graham who wrote the book "The Only Way to Cross" was on board on the 2006 winter crossing. Great lectures, great fun speaking to him and learning all about the intricacies of the QE2.

I have done it three times-1994, 2005 and 2006, booked for 2007, was on the plane in Phoenix sitting in first class. I had an allergic reaction on the ground to the macadamia nuts they served and was going into anaphylactic shock and they brought in the paramedics and I ended up in the hospital New Years Eve, 2006 (that cruise was in January 2007). 2008, we were booked but the ship was well oversold and Cunard offered us back all our money PLUS some goodies for future cruises, so we took it. DH didn't really want to go-he was being very stubborn and wanted to stay home and watch college Bowl games. But I was going until Cunard offered a full refund plus goodies. So we watched football.

Some of the most fun "cruises" we have ever had. The group on board during those December crossing is very, very eclectic with some on there for the World Cruise and a lot who are just "Winter Crossing Nuts" who want to see the ship rock and roll across the Atlantic.

The QM gets to NY a bit late to then drive to Fla, spend 2/3 weeks there an then take a re positioning cruise back. You'd be looking at early/mid June and most ships are already back in Europe by then. Have they considered a freighter one way? Check them out...they're nicer than you might think and it would be more likely you could book one of them OW to Fla (or farily close, like NOLA, Charleston, etc), like in March and then take a repositioning cruise ship back in April.

There is a June 13 QM crossing NY to Southampton - making the whole trip a month later than what OP wanted, but then people who cannot travel by air do limit their choices. There is great train service NY-Florida, so driving would not be necessary.

Thanks