Eating dinner in the Buffet

mrsafety

We have the 6:00 dining time in MDR. If we decide to do buffet or other option do we need to let the MDR know

If you are at a table with others, it would be nice. The normal is that the waiter will wait till everyone is seated to start the service.

We were wondering what people think about eating dinner at the buffet on the Eclipse? We used the dining room on our last Celebrity cruise. We would like to hear what people think.

Karen and Jamie:)

In December we were on the Equinox and eat at the buffet 3 times when we did not like what they had in Blu. We go for the sushi. One night they had a whole suckling pig that they were carving. Have never seen that before. The evening meal choices were very good. It is a lot quieter at night than it is during the day.

In December we were on the Equinox and eat at the buffet 3 times when we did not like what they had in Blu. We go for the sushi. One night they had a whole suckling pig that they were carving. Have never seen that before. The evening meal choices were very good. It is a lot quieter at night than it is during the day.

On so many of our Celebrity cruises, the Captain and crew were seen in the Oceanview!! If it is good enough for them, it is good enough for us!! Loved the Sushi, etc. You don't have to wait for delayed service and so-so food in the MDR!! We have done this many times!!!

A wee bit off topic, but on six cruises on the Radiance of the Seas, we often enjoyed dinner in the Windjammer. It was rather subdued, and the food was fine. As a matter of fact, the sushi etc. on the Celebrity buffet is also not bad

Edited by jackdiamond

We have never eaten dinner at the buffet but may do that on one of the port days this time. May I ask for those of you who have, where do you get your drinks with dinner if you eat at the buffet? Also, a bit off topic, if you order room service for dinner and have the beverage package can you order wine with it and still be included? Thank you.

On the S- class ships there is a bar right in the buffet area and waitresses and waiters that come around and take drink orders.

On m- classes you can flag down a waiter and ask about getting a drink. Someone will help you out with alcohol.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

I've noticed walking thru the buffet area around 7-7:30pm that the buffet selections have greatly expanded over the past few years. I can remember when they just had a pasta/pizza station.

If you have the beverage package, you can't have wine delivered to your stateroom with your dinner. You have to leave your stateroom and go to a bar and get it.

We like variety too. Sometimes we have a very filling lunch in the MDR and want a lighter meal in the evening. Sometimes we just don't want a long drawn out eating experience, more of a grab and go!

The buffet on the two S ships we have been on are excellent, the best ones we have ever tried for dinner.

A few weeks ago on Reflection we saw 100's of men with only a collar shirt and nice pants eating just fine in the MDR on formal. So what is all the fuss about dressing up? X does not enforce their dress code on formal nights(or any other night for that matter). Just don't wear shorts as no one want to look at your hairy legs. The buffet also has Susi every night. Not much variety, but still made fresh. I think the only thing missing on the buffet is the lobster tails. For those you got to dine in the MDR and for me it's worth putting a shirt and a pair of pants on.

They have excellent curries in the evening at the buffet too. We ate them a couple of times when we needed a "spice fix"!

I think Celebrity has some of the best Indian food. I have heard that most of their chefs are Indian. Never had dinner in the buffet, but did get some curry for lunch one day. It was delicious.

After a long day of sailing, snorkeling, and swimming in St. Maarten, we were just too tired to get ready for dinner. We had the Ultimate dining package and felt like we had certainly had our fair share of fine dining that week, so we opted for relaxing early evening still in swim suits and cover ups at the sunset bar. I made a plate from the buffet and took it with me up the stairs and so many fellow cruisers couldn't believe the sushi, assorted cheeses, fruits, etc that I had chosen. Many had not stepped foot in the buffet at all!! I had been making cheese plates from the buffet all week long to take to the room while getting ready and had scoped out the offerings, and there is more than enough to satisfy! Like other posters, I also suggest the curries, yummy!!

After a long day of sailing, snorkeling, and swimming in St. Maarten, we were just too tired to get ready for dinner. We had the Ultimate dining package and felt like we had certainly had our fair share of fine dining that week, so we opted for relaxing early evening still in swim suits and cover ups at the sunset bar. I made a plate from the buffet and took it with me up the stairs and so many fellow cruisers couldn't believe the sushi, assorted cheeses, fruits, etc that I had chosen. Many had not stepped foot in the buffet at all!! I had been making cheese plates from the buffet all week long to take to the room while getting ready and had scoped out the offerings, and there is more than enough to satisfy! Like other posters, I also suggest the curries, yummy!!

On the last night of our RCI cruise, we had one bottle of wine left. That bottle of wine along with a a couple of plates of assorted cheese, breads, fruits, etc, made for a very relaxing evening on the balcony. In fact, we plan on making this our 'traditional' last night while cruising.

We were wondering what people think about eating dinner at the buffet on the Eclipse? We used the dining room on our last Celebrity cruise. We would like to hear what people think.

Karen and Jamie:)

Love the buffet better because you can pick what you want and as much as you desire and its much quicker.