Scallops

many IC desserts

breakfast sausages in the buffet

French Onion Soup

Edited by chrysalis

Eggplant parmesan appetizer on Italian night

Fettuccine Alfredo in the parmesan bowl

Bow tie pasta & veal

French toast in Sabatini's (although on our most recent cruise we asked for it in the MDR and it was good too)

Edited by azbirdmom

The fettuccine. I really enjoy all the food on Princess but nothing sticks out in my mind like their fettuccine. I cannot find it anywhere on land like theirs and just don't even bother trying anymore. Maybe it's the sea air!

I love their homemade ice cream served in the dining room too!

Edited by Whimsy

any dessert Souffle

This! I don't know how they do it, but Princess makes such great souffles. To date, I have never been disappointed.

Unfortunately, on the Dec 18th Grand (SF to HI) - there was no souffle dessert offering I can remember. Although we did go to the Crown Grill twice and skipped the MDR two other nights so I might have missed it.

If there is a dessert souffle, I will order two of them. :D

Eggplant parmesan appetizer on Italian night

Fettuccine Alfredo in the parmesan bowl

Bow tie pasta & veal

French toast in Sabatini's (although on our most recent cruise we asked for it in the MDR and it was good too)

Fettuccine Alfredo

Bow tie pasta & veal

Most pasta dishes

Princess does very good escargot

LuLu

~~~~

This may sound funny but one of my new favorites is the sweet potato salad in the HC for lunch one day. I wish I would have gone back for seconds as it was never served again (to my knowledge) and I should have paid more attention to what was in it because it was fantastic....

MDR:

Fettucine Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

Goat cheese souffle

Most of the chilled soups

Dessert souffles (esecially the Grand Marnier souffle I had on embarkation lunch)

Scones, "clotted" cream, and jam during afternoon tea

Creme brulee

Volcano from the kids menu (it's basically a jazzed up banana split)

Espresso creme brulee in Sabatini's

First time cruiser so I am hoping the veterans can provide some info. You are all mentioning your favs and it got me thinking about deserts. I am a very strange woman, not really a fan of deserts or chocolate in fact my favourite desert is JELLO (with maybe 1 piece of cheesecake a year). So will I be able to get such a basic desert on the Royal Princess? (I am not 10 but turning 46 on my cruise so I want to be able to get jello and not some crazy choc desert that I will not eat.)

First time cruiser so I am hoping the veterans can provide some info. You are all mentioning your favs and it got me thinking about deserts. I am a very strange woman, not really a fan of deserts or chocolate in fact my favourite desert is JELLO (with maybe 1 piece of cheesecake a year). So will I be able to get such a basic desert on the Royal Princess? (I am not 10 but turning 46 on my cruise so I want to be able to get jello and not some crazy choc desert that I will not eat.)

Your wait staff wants to make you happy so I'm sure if you let them know of your preference they will make sure you get Jello. I have seen Jello desserts in the buffet, so even though it won't be on the dessert menu in the dining room it doesn't hurt to ask and I'm sure they will do their best to accommodate you. You mention you will eat cheesecake which is always available as a dessert. There are also very basic options such as vanilla or chocolate ice cream always available as well. But perhaps you will find an opportunity to try something new like the crème brulee (yum) and find that you really like it. A cruise is an opportunity to try new things, especially new types of food.

The steaks are some of the best I have ever had in the Crown Grill. I like to get a table near the kitchen so I can see and Smell the cooking as it only makes me more appreciative for what I have ordered. I see not many have mentioned the rather smallish lobster tails. Also Sabatini's is open for Breakfast for Full Suite Passengers only.

Salmon in MDR embarkment lunch -yum

Veal Chop in Sabitinis

Fettuccini Alfredo in MDR

Pate Foi Gras in MDR

scones with coddled cream in for high tea in MDR

Soft Shell Crab appetizer in Sabeitnis

Melon with port appetizer in MDR

Mozerella Panini in IC

Strawberry shortcake international cafe

Orange soufflé in main dinin rom

Curry dishes for lunch in buffet

Beef medallions in MDR

tapas at vines (meatballs are soooo good)

pizza

Eggs Benedict and blueberry pancakes in MDR

Peanut butter cookies on heck in afternoon

Pina Colado Soup and Barra Mundi fish. Usually on the first night . I did love the Sabatini breakfast when we had a full suite. Fhe Filet in the Crown/ Bayou is also excellent and very large.

I usually order the pasta or the salad at lunch. DH almost always has soup on a Princess cruise.