Poor service with beverage packages?

marciab

Talking to the staff and treating them like human beings is a great way to both get to know them and to be remembered next time they see you.[/quote

I usually get to know the Sommelier and Martini bar staff so well that I am in tears when its time to say goodbye and go home.

Taking interest in the staff onboard as people rather than servers always makes for a better cruising experience in my book .:)

Nope. Never had an issue on Eclipse last July. The Wine Waiter in the MDR positively pounced each evening to offer a drink and refill extremely regularly.

Couldn't agree more. I was on Eclipse last August and the situation was exactly as described. Same in the bars, we only had to sit down when we were approached for our order. Very satisfied with the level of service.

We didn't have any problems getting wine in the MDR on Eclipse. The serving problems were mainly isolated to the Sky Lounge and the Atrium Bar. Occasionally we had to wiat in the Martini Bar, but that was always when the place was busy.

We also noticed there were plenty of staff for drinks orders in the buffet, day or night.

Talking to the staff and treating them like human beings is a great way to both get to know them and to be remembered next time they see you.[/quote

I usually get to know the Sommelier and Martini bar staff so well that I am in tears when its time to say goodbye and go home.

Taking interest in the staff onboard as people rather than servers always makes for a better cruising experience in my book .:)

They always come back to serve you again, if you have a friendly face and attitude.:D

You weren't and still aren't clear then.

All you wrote was :"Yes, and often the same cafe staff in the mornings work the MDr in the evenings, "

This appears to be about the Ocean cafe waiters, many of whom are assistant waiters in the MDR. :D

Its not just assistants in the buffet, my head waiter was in the buffet every morning on my last three cruises......

Been on two celebrity cruises with the premium package and a group of 6. Coming from a family that owns bars, we are very particular about service and besides a few issues of bars running out of supplies, we have been very happy with the bar service. Gareth from Honduras on our last cruise this past Nov on the Silouette was the best bar waiter we have ever seen on a cruise. Once he got to know us, he was everywhere, pool area, dining room, always ready to grab us a round. We also befriended a top waiter in the Martini bar and never had a problem getting drinks in the before dinner busy time.

Edited by cardinals218

Been on two celebrity cruises with the premium package and a group of 6. Coming from a family that owns bars, we are very particular about service and besides a few issues of bars running out of supplies, we have been very happy with the bar service. Gareth from Honduras on our last cruise this past Nov on the Silouette was the best bar waiter we have ever seen on a cruise. Once he got to know us, he was everywhere, pool area, dining room, always ready to grab us a round. We also befriended a top waiter in the Martini bar and never had a problem getting drinks in the before dinner busy time.

There are usually plenty of bars on board these cruise ships and not all of them are packed at the same time, if one looks too busy, go to the next.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

sorry...lol I feel bad when we keep them there fixing up the dining room until mignight and then they are up in the buffet in the morning....I wonder when they sleep:)

They have a nap in the afternoons, but it is still a very tough gig and long hours for low pay. This is why they are mainly from countries with very low wages, as they can earn more on the ship to send back to their families.:D

sorry...lol I feel bad when we keep them there fixing up the dining room until mignight and then they are up in the buffet in the morning....I wonder when they sleep:)

I think most of us from our fortunate backgrounds would find it hard to do what they do.

I think most of us from our fortunate backgrounds would find it hard to do what they do.

I like to cruise but not like they do, it is work 14-16 hour days and often 13 day fortnights. Still if they didn't do this for us, the cruises would be much more expensive. This is why tipping is such a big deal for them.:D

I like to cruise but not like they do, it is work 14-16 hour days and often 13 day fortnights. Still if they didn't do this for us, the cruises would be much more expensive. This is why tipping is such a big deal for them.:D

Not sure about room attendants, although don't think they're different, but dining staff don't get days off except for sickness.

Not sure about room attendants, although don't think they're different, but dining staff don't get days off except for sickness.

I would imagine on the person/job and the contract that they sign. It would also vary between cruise lines.

I was just going on what some of them have told us, as well as what the HR manager (X - Solstice) had said.:D