Just returned from the Pride Jan 12, 2014

kathy16

Kathy

Happy to hear you enjoyed the 'Lit Pride Queen ~~ she's a real royal lady :p

Who was the Captain, Hotel Manager and Cruise Director?

I have a good friend aboard (for 3 weeks) and know she's also enjoying the Carib and the Pride.

Thanks!

Martita B

We did not have a Presidential dinner (as far as I know). The hotel manager was Philip and the chef was Jes. The captain and top staff were very visible and friendly. Verity Brown was the cruise director. She was very nice (but I was spoiled by Nick Hale the CD on my last Pride voyage in Asia, and I have not yet met his match).

When we were brought to our room, we noticed a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway, and that was especially noticeable in our bathroom. I called up to guest services, and they were aware that our next door neighbor was a smoker- but they were able to eventually move us into another window suite later that evening. Thank heavens! I did not want to spend a week next to that. I will be so glad when SB changes to no smoking in suites. I had heard that the Pride was pretty booked for her final season, but apparently someone didn't show up - so we were switched to his suite.

I thought the Pride looked good, the staff excellent, and I was very happy with the ship.

But- the itinerary was not very exciting after all. One of the reasons I picked that sailing was that I had not been to most of those islands before (and now I have no desire to go back to most of them). I guess I prefer the beachy islands- and I loved Aruba (again)

Chef Jes is a treasure, Martita, both as far as hi culinary talents go as well as his charming and outgoing personality.

He was definitely the most engaging and energetic chef I've met at sea. He was also the only one I've seen who went out of his way to get feedback from guests. I'm hoping that he'll be the chef on the Prides final cruises.