What promotions would you like Azamara to do next?

dln929

Idle thinking on a cold winter night but when the current "free shore excursions" promo is over at the end of the month, something else will surely take its place. What do you think it should be? What would be a promo that would make you book right on the spot? (Bearing in mind that the cruise still has to be profitable to Azamara of course. ;) )

I like the "veranda for the price of an inside" promo but I wonder what would entice people who book suites?

I TOO AGREE LOWER FARES .

There is no such thing as free air or free excursions

They are already factored into price.

The only proper promotion was inside to verandah.

This is a crazy promotion and viewed as so by ship staff.

Result

All those who could only afford inside and can book early now get balcony and / or in case of US citizens have only a $50 cancellation charge.

Result those of us who cannot make bookings 12 months ahead will be left with inside or Continent suites.

Final result

Insides that are left will be discounted at crazy prices like 14 day repositioning cruise at $900.

Azamara will KNOW the prices they sold cabins at market at those prices but what do we know we are only the customers.

A few years ago there was a promotion on offer wherein, on a Transatlantic N.Y. to Rouen, you paid for a balcony and got a suite, with all the attached privileges. That was a glorious crossing and I'd do that again in an instant.:p

I might be convinced to take a TAbcruise with that "sweet" deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by librarylady19

I am one who has taken advantage of the inside to verandah deal and it's a very good deal indeed - I had a look at prices for cruises at the end of 2014/2015 and wasn't impressed by the prices for a balcony - so we may well only sail with Azamara the once unless there are any future deals to entice us back again!

1) Lower fares, although the inside to balcony promotion may have got us a good deal for this year. Time will tell, if price drops occur.

2) Dedicated flights from/to the UK, where Azamara look after you from initial airport checkin to the time of departure back to the UK, allowing you to remain on the ship at no extra charge until you are transferred to the airport at an appropriate time for your flight. Just like P&O Caribbean cruises, and (I believe) all Thomson fly/cruises.

• 5 weeks later...

I am also in favor of lower prices. The promos are just a way to keep the fare high. With all the promos that are popping up on Azamara and Celebrity, the prices keep climbing. I always liked a base fare without all the frills. I rarely drink alcoholic beverages. I like booking my own air. I prefer the option to book or not book excursions. When cruise lines offer complimentary frills, the fares go up. Nice if you use the frills. Not so nice for people who don't want them. I prefer the original Azamara product. No liquor, pay gratuities, $5 cover for Prime C and Aquilina, no Amazing evenings, and much lower fares.

I am also in favor of lower prices. The promos are just a way to keep the fare high. With all the promos that are popping up on Azamara and Celebrity, the prices keep climbing. I always liked a base fare without all the frills. I rarely drink alcoholic beverages. I like booking my own air. I prefer the option to book or not book excursions. When cruise lines offer complimentary frills, the fares go up. Nice if you use the frills. Not so nice for people who don't want them. I prefer the original Azamara product. No liquor, pay gratuities, $5 cover for Prime C and Aquilina, no Amazing evenings, and much lower fares.

Agree!

I TOO AGREE LOWER FARES .

There is no such thing as free air or free excursions

They are already factored into price.

The only proper promotion was inside to verandah.

This is a crazy promotion and viewed as so by ship staff.

Result

All those who could only afford inside and can book early now get balcony and / or in case of US citizens have only a $50 cancellation charge.

Result those of us who cannot make bookings 12 months ahead will be left with inside or Continent suites.

Final result

Insides that are left will be discounted at crazy prices like 14 day repositioning cruise at $900.

Azamara will KNOW the prices they sold cabins at market at those prices but what do we know we are only the customers.

Why does the staff view this as a crazy promo? :eek: I don't understand...because people who normally can't afford verandah cabins may not be the same caliber as those who book verandah cabins????? :rolleyes:

This will be our 3rd cruise...we have booked verandah cabins each time and for the itineraries we chose, that is all the I cared to book, since we started this whole cruising thing later in life than most people.

I also booked with that same promo even though we were home only one week from our X cruise....I thought the deal was too good to be true and I grabbed it and because of the savings I ended up booking a B2B.

I have no idea how many cabins are empty, given what sounds like much dissatisfaction with Azamara Miami and the poor customer service that has been voiced on CC. If there are a lot of available cabins, I wouldn't be surprised if Azamara runs this same promo again in the future.

I too would like to see the prices drop and allow people to pay for their drink packages if they so choose. I would also like to see the 50% shore excursion discount for early booking. I think the prices have been inflated compared to 2012, as it is and I honestly don't feel my 25% discount was really any discount at all.

One thing I would never want to see is the quality of the food be any less than what it is now to save money on a cruise.

Edited by midwestchick

It would be nice and much appreciated if Azamara Club Cruises could acknowledge guest loyalty by showing their goodwill.

Azamara has high rate of returnees, goodwill is good business practice. A discount for those who have sailed so many wonderful days on Az' ships and would love to sail more often.

What would I choose as a promotion? I would retain the open bar, AND go back to the 50% discount on shore excursions which was a HUGE benefit!

I would discontinue without a second thought the [stupid] Azamazing Evenings. When you have spent a day touring a city, the very last thing you want to do is miss your regular dinner & get crammed onto a bus with every other passenger on board to experience 'something special'. As we were wearily waiting to board the buses for our Azamazing Evening in Saigon we all agreed - we wouldn't be here if it weren't for the fact that we'd be charged $100per person to not show up.

Those would be my wishes!

I would discontinue without a second thought the [stupid] Azamazing Evenings. When you have spent a day touring a city, the very last thing you want to do is miss your regular dinner & get crammed onto a bus with every other passenger on board to experience 'something special'. As we were wearily waiting to board the buses for our Azamazing Evening in Saigon we all agreed - we wouldn't be here if it weren't for the fact that we'd be charged $100per person to not show up.

I do agree with you about the Azamazing evening...especially after a long day of touring! They do seem to be way over hyped.....

I see no one has commented on the current promotion of

FREE $1,000 PER COUPLE ONBOARD SPENDING CREDIT

Or

FREE $1,000 PER COUPLE CHOICEAIR® CREDIT

Or

FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE

Personally, I'd opt for the $1000 air credit or generally lower prices, as either one would lower my overall cruise cost.

However, as I have yet to take my first cruise on Azamara, I will reserve judgement until I return. (Less that two weeks to go!!!)

I do agree with you about the Azamazing evening...especially after a long day of touring! They do seem to be way over hyped.....

I think so too, Kathy. While the Three Tenor's opera is supposed to be wonderful, we will be gone all day touring the Tuscan countryside and it will be a rush to try and change and hurry up and eat before we leave for the opera house.

I see no one has commented on the current promotion of

FREE $1,000 PER COUPLE ONBOARD SPENDING CREDIT

Or

FREE $1,000 PER COUPLE CHOICEAIR® CREDIT

Or

FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE

Personally, I'd opt for the $1000 air credit or generally lower prices, as either one would lower my overall cruise cost.

However, as I have yet to take my first cruise on Azamara, I will reserve judgement until I return. (Less that two weeks to go!!!)

I liked the promo they offered when I booked..."book and inside and get free upgrade to balcony" and $1,000. per couple choiceair credit. I wonder if they'll bring that one back again. I have no idea how full the ship is for our cruises.