Family Veranda Question, Constellation

woogie

Does anyone know if the FV bathrooms and cabins were redone in the 2013 refurb?

Thanks you for any answers or current photos.

No, they were not. We were in an FV cabin for the fall TransAtlantic and our cabin really needed refurbishing. The two sofa beds were in bad shape, and the curtains were torn. We brought it to the attention of the housekeeper, who could do little but get the rips in the curtains sewn. The bedroom portion was in much better shape. I guess with these cabins mostly occupied by families, there's far more wear and tear on them. Much as it was nice to have a sitting area, next time we'll probably skip getting an FV cabin.

No, they were not. We were in an FV cabin for the fall TransAtlantic and our cabin really needed refurbishing. The two sofa beds were in bad shape, and the curtains were torn. We brought it to the attention of the housekeeper, who could do little but get the rips in the curtains sewn. The bedroom portion was in much better shape. I guess with these cabins mostly occupied by families, there's far more wear and tear on them. Much as it was nice to have a sitting area, next time we'll probably skip getting an FV cabin.

do you remember what cabin you were in??

Wow, THANK YOU for this, we have really been debating on FV on Constellation and you just helped make our decision MUCH easier!

Thanks for those pictures from 2010, it sure does look nice then. Although the balcony is a huge draw for us, our other two passengers ( our two kids) will be sleeping on those "lumpy" sofa/beds. That factored in with the bathroom in need of attention ( one bathroom being the biggest concern in the first place) AND the fact that 7204 on Constellation, the exact cabin available that we were debating about ( not 7202 on Millennium as seen in these pictures) made our decision easier for us. We will stick with two connecting cabins. To each his own.......

Edited by scubamommy!

Some pictures show red cloth sofas, others look leather like.

Does anyone have pics from 2013 or 2014? FV veranda

I am seriously thinking of a cabin change if the cabin and bath are not in really good shape.

15 nites on a cruise can be a long time in a crummy cabin!!!

We were right below upwarduk on the same Infinity TA, in corner FV 8166. The photos to which she has linked above are illustrative of our cabin as well, except that our bathroom really should have had its grout replaced long ago; it had ground in dirt and mildew. (I did speak to Guest Services about this.) Putting that aside, it was an amazing cabin, you can't beat that veranda, which is really a private deck. But Celebrity really needs to deal with the grout and tile -- they are hardly what one expects "Modern Luxury" to be.

InfinityShowerTile_zps48fdce5f.jpg

InfinityBathroomFloor_zps305d8a3b.jpg

I was on the Constellation for a 3 night Bahamas 1/2013 (8181), 12 night Norwegian Fjords 6/2013 (8181) and again this past December (8183). I loved these aft cabins for the shorter sailings, but for the 12 night I was sorry we didn't book the connecting cabins. 1 bathroom for 12 nights was a bit taxing plus as previously stated the cabins were in desperate need of refurb. The bed in the main room had a round mattress sitting on a rectangle platform. We are still sporting bruised shins :o

We were right below upwarduk on the same Infinity TA, in corner FV 8166. The photos to which she has linked above are illustrative of our cabin as well, except that our bathroom really should have had its grout replaced long ago; it had ground in dirt and mildew. (I did speak to Guest Services about this.) Putting that aside, it was an amazing cabin, you can't beat that veranda, which is really a private deck. But Celebrity really needs to deal with the grout and tile -- they are hardly what one expects "Modern Luxury" to be.

InfinityShowerTile_zps48fdce5f.jpg

InfinityBathroomFloor_zps305d8a3b.jpg

was this before or after the refurb in Apr 2013?

Some pictures show red cloth sofas, others look leather like.

Does anyone have pics from 2013 or 2014? FV veranda

I am seriously thinking of a cabin change if the cabin and bath are not in really good shape.

15 nites on a cruise can be a long time in a crummy cabin!!!

2013 on Connie ... two red fabric sofas.. the bedroom and bathroom of 7204 on Connie were fine when we sailed in Nov; it was the sitting area (which is how we used it since it was just two of us) that really was a shambles. As someone noted above Modern Luxury it was not. Luckily, the weather cooperated and we were able to sit on the veranda during the days. Someone else noted that it would be worth it for the oversized balcony (esp. corner), but unless you are going to give parties, just how big a veranda do you need. 7204's veranda was oversized as it is, and I actually liked it better than the corner because on a TA, when the weather can be iffy, not being in a corner afforded a nice cozy haven. Next time (South America on Infinity), we'll stick to one of aft C1's with an oversized veranda ... they do seem to be in better shape.

Edited by h2so4

I was on the Constellation this past August in the Baltics and had a corner FV. Love those cabins for the balcony, but our bathroom was seriously in need of a good scrubbing as seen in the pictures above. Booked it because I had my adult children with me in 2 balcony cabins so I thought it would be a great place to meet, but we didn't end up using it as much as I thought we would as our cruise was pretty port intensive.

Edited by RosieRoo