Tell me about Disney Vs. Royal pool area

BLAMBKY

I would like a comparison between the two lines, specifically in the POOL area. I thought that the Freedom of the Seas was a good pool area. Looking at pictures of Disney pools, it looks like there is a lot less "pool" Is this a correct observation?

Our opinion - Disney pools are CROWDED, and seemed so chaotic, we went early Dec., I would hate to see it during the very busy weeks. We LOVE Disney (we have 4 dd's)and visit WDW every year. We have not considered another Disney cruise, as we can cruise twice with another line and have a more relaxing time. Can not comment on the other ship as we've never been on it, it gets great reviews though, and we'd love to try it.

We went on Disney Wonder and I would never do another Disney cruise. The ship was pretty in most areas but the two places I like best are the pool and the buffet and both were extremely crowded. If you like the food you can buy in Disney World- you'll like the food on the ship. I really thought the food was the worst I've had on any cruise line.

The dining room was kid central. What I mean by that is it was like being in a school cafeteria- loud!

My son had an absolute ball. He liked the youth program, the characters that walked around the ship and the private island with Captain Jack Sparrow.

So I'm glad I went but the pool area was a zoo. It was a summer 3-night cruise and think it was probably not typical of all cruises. There are probably less crowded ones off season.

• 1 month later...

We have been on both and IMO we enjoyed the FOS H20 zone better. I agree the Disney pools are over crowded and we hated that the pool deck was scalding hot. You couldn't walk anywhere without shoes. The wait time for the Aqua Duck was sometimes 45 minutes. The H20 zone was never crowded for us and you could get right in the pool too. I think it depends on when you travel too.

Both are great lines and have great service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app