Offered upgrade to Lido 106.

JudeAnn

But, balcony access is limited, can't use it on sea days. Considering I'm in an inside room, should I take it? I only have a day to decide. Oh, and I'll get a $400 refundable ships credit,. Are we nuts for not taking it?

But, balcony access is limited, can't use it on sea days. Considering I'm in an inside room, should I take it? I only have a day to decide. Oh, and I'll get a $400 refundable ships credit,. Are we nuts for not taking it?

What has you concerned about it? You have no balcony now, so having limited access is better than none. The credit doesn't hurt either.

Maybe I don't understand the question. You are inside now. They are offering to upgrade you to what might be the same as an ocean view, with the perk of a balcony on port days and they'll give you a refundable $400. Is there a downside?

Depending on the ship this would maybe appear to be a full suite. If you only have an inside cabin now, and, even if you only get a regular balcony cabin, (even with only limited usage) and $400.00 credit, why would you not take it? :cool:

Here's what you get:

Stateroom Number: L106

Type: Premium Mini-Suite

Category: M6

Deck: 16 (Lido)

Bath Type: Shower/tub

Connecting Room: N/A

Total Size: 345 sq. ft.

Includes Balcony of 144 sq. ft.

Special Notes:

BALC ACCESS LIMITED WHILE SHIP IS AT SEAPART OBSTRUCT VIEW NON-GLASS BALC RAIL

Your getting a great upgrade...a Premium Mini-Suite. How lucky.

Tom:)

I know someone who had a front viewing mini-suite on the Royal Princess. They would never choose that cabin.

It would be fine as an upgrade from an inside to a minisuite but she would not pick this cabin or recommend this cabin in the future to anyone choosing a minisuite or balcony.

I know someone who had a front viewing mini-suite on the Royal Princess. They would never choose that cabin.

It would be fine as an upgrade from an inside to a minisuite but she would not pick this cabin or recommend this cabin in the future to anyone choosing a minisuite or balcony.

Did they say why? And there are other reasons we are questioning this upgrade.

Coral,

Can you elaborate? Was it the room configuration, etc.? I've read a couple reports of CC members staying in the forward cabins on the Royal and they loved it.

Okay all, no more "duhs"! There are other reasons for my hesitations. One being we are giving up two inside rooms "there are 3 of us total", and we are just not sure this is what we want. Both rooms will get the $400 refund, but it is a matter of "is this enough room", and "can we all get along", kind of situation. Did not want to put the whole story on here, but too many "duhs" was bugging me.

Okay all, no more "duhs"! There are other reasons for my hesitations. One being we are giving up two inside rooms "there are 3 of us total", and we are just not sure this is what we want. Both rooms will get the $400 refund, but it is a matter of "is this enough room", and "can we all get along", kind of situation. Did not want to put the whole story on here, but too many "duhs" was bugging me.

I didn't "duh" you :) but I think other posters didn't realize you were giving up two insides and had three people. Be aware these forward mini-suites are configured differently than regular ones. There is no curtain separating the bed from the couch/sofa bed area. If you need a little privacy with respect to the third person, I would think twice about this cabin. Hope this helps.

I didn't "duh" you :) but I think other posters didn't realize you were giving up two insides and had three people. Be aware these forward mini-suites are configured differently than regular ones. There is no curtain separating the bed from the couch/sofa bed area. If you need a little privacy with respect to the third person, I would think twice about this cabin. Hope this helps.

Yes, this helps immensely! I will decline the whole thing. It did show the curtain, but also reads that the room my be different.

Coral,

Can you elaborate? Was it the room configuration, etc.? I've read a couple reports of CC members staying in the forward cabins on the Royal and they loved it.

It was the room configuration. They said it felt smaller. Not sure if it is smaller or just felt smaller. They did a b2b and had a normal mini suite on the side of the ship for the 2nd leg and loved that cabin.

I will have to ask them for pictures as I am sure they took some.

Edited by Coral

It was the room configuration. They said it felt smaller. Not sure if it is smaller or just felt smaller. They did a b2b and had a normal mini suite on the side of the ship for the 2nd leg and loved that cabin.

I will have to ask them for pictures as I am sure they took some.

The photos I've seen of the forward mini-suites (not the corner ones) seem more square rather than the typical longer, narrower mini-suites. The sofa bed/couch is positioned sort of across from the bed not in a separate tv viewing area. I considered these cabins, but with a four-year old, I need that divider curtain to have a little privacy now and then and, it appears, these cabins don't have that.