Can we bring a case of water

mimb1

We have Katadyne water bottles with a replaceable filter. Drank Chinese water through the filter and never got sick, was in 3 wrecks in 2 days in Bejing riding with Chinese Taxi drivers, but never threw up. Learned new Mandarin Swear words too.

LOL!

I've never been stopped with cases of water. But YES, the ship water is excellent. I use bottles for in my room and on port days.

Did you know that the water from the bars, restaurants and drink stations are more highly filtered that other taps like in your room) and therefore have less salt and chlorine in them.

R

We recently sailed on the Freedom from Port Canaveral. We asked for a case of water that we had put a tag on be delivered with our luggage. We were told it could not be done at that port. We had to carry it on which was inconvenient. While the water is good on the ship it was nice to have the convenience of grabbing a bottle whenever we wanted to.

Just off Allure......taped a luggage tag on the case of water and it was at our cabin door before our suit cases!

Our case of water was delivered to our room along with the luggage. Taped a tag across the top also. :)

I did the same thing going out of Port Canaveral and the porters would not take it. I've heard from others they've experienced the same thing in Port Canaveral, but other ports are different. If I had placed it in a bag I don't think it would of been a problem. They also told me I could carry it on, but it was a 24 pack so I declined.

LOL!

I've never been stopped with cases of water. But YES, the ship water is excellent. I use bottles for in my room and on port days.

Did you know that the water from the bars, restaurants and drink stations are more highly filtered that other taps like in your room) and therefore have less salt and chlorine in them.

How is the water from you cabin? Is it good to drink if we fill water bottles from the sink in our bathroom?

We got a Brita filtered water bottle. MUCH easier than dragging in a lot of bottles of water. Works very well. Just put in 'brita filtered water bottle' in Google and find lots of info about it. They are on the shelf at Walmart and most any other store that sells Brita water containers.

No more running out of water when on-shore. Just fill up the bottle with the local water and it will taste great.

Edited by edjny

I've also put a luggage tag on a case of water and it was brought on board. I also put a case of water in a large duffle bag with snorkel gear and it's come up to the room.

Sometimes, when I have a smaller "group", just the 2 of us, I don't bother and do these things:

1- ask the room attendant to refill the ice bucket and drink the "melt" when Im in the room

2- bring my own refillable bottle and fill it in the WJ using full glasses of ice water available there. I bring a wide mouth bottle for this; it's not sanitary to put my water bottle up to the nozzle of the water dispenser.

I like bottled water. I drink it daily.

Lugging a case of water aboard is a big pain.

What I do, is bring a couple of bottles in luggage and, a couple in carry on.

At first port of call, I buy a couple bottles,

depending how long till next port.

It is always cold and, affordable...no pain to lug around... ;)

This is from a site you may have heard of called cruiscritic.com ;)

8. Water, water everywhere. No need to lug a case of water with you when you go cruising. The tap water on cruise ships is completely safe and drinkable, having been through rigorous filtration and testing, all of which are overseen by U.S. and European heath agencies. While some cruisers claim that the tap water in restaurants and bars tastes different from what comes out of the cabin bathroom, it is all, in fact, the same water.

Now it is true from my experience on FOS last year that the water coming from the taps is not cold. If you want cold water I'd suggest bringing a fillable bottle and asking your steward for ice. There are many places on the ship to get ice water BUT they don't let you fill bottles there. So I could see bringing bottled water just to have cold water available and not worrying about leaving a reusable botle somewhere. But water quality is not the issue. In fact the ship uses RO (reverse osmosis) to make water, which is the same process used by most bottled water companies.

bring my insulated Klean Kantene bottle....call refill with cold water everywhere...and stays colder much longer than the plastic water bottles...esp on shore excursions..

Edited by mitaxi

We were on Explorer last week, and had no problem bringing a 24-pack of water. Just put a luggage tag on it and check it with your bags.

For anyone who has cruised on Explorer out of Bayonne, is there anywhere close to buy a case of water and/or soda to take on the ship-- for those who have to fly into EWR? I've never read anyone on CC come up with a store in that area...strange.

We got a Brita filtered water bottle. MUCH easier than dragging in a lot of bottles of water. Works very well. Just put in 'brita filtered water bottle' in Google and find lots of info about it. They are on the shelf at Walmart and most any other store that sells Brita water containers.

No more running out of water when on-shore. Just fill up the bottle with the local water and it will taste great.

Better than fighting/lugging a case of water and the replacement filter is only about $6 only way to go.

Yes I am sensitive to ships water( I can drink a little), and taking a brita water bottle keeps me from drink too much beer, not allergic to beer LOL.