No irons?

luv-my-kids

From the Celebrity under the topic of what to pack.

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas

Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint

Alcoholic Beverages

There is no mention of steamers, they are allowed.

From the Celebrity under the topic of what to pack.

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas

Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*

Illegal Drugs & Substances

Candles & Incense

Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates

Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows

Skateboards & Surfboards

Martial Arts Gear

Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks

Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks

HAM Radios

Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint

Alcoholic Beverages

There is no mention of steamers, they are allowed.

Elsewhere on the Celebrity website there's an FAQ which includes the following:

Q. Is my stateroom furnished with amenities that I don’t need to pack?

A. All stateroom bathrooms are equipped with soap, shampoo, conditioner and a wall-mounted hair dryer. All ships in our fleet have at least one North American and one European outlet in every stateroom. Millennium Class and Solstice Class ships each have multiple North American and European outlets.

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. [emphasis aded] However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates...

It's unfortunate that the website is lacking in consistency from page to page, but there's no doubt that they place steamers in the same category as irons: prohibited.

Sorry Christine, just realized that you've posted the same information.

Edited by Fouremco

I have found that the packing envelopes help keep things less wrinkled too. My formal dresses are made of wrinkle free materials but Rogers and the boys suits and dress shirts are not

Sharon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh for goodness'~sake! Live with it!

WOW! What a nice person you are! I thought the purpose of this forum was to ask questions and receive answers. If you were not responding with an answer why respond at all? Didn't your parents teach you "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"?

Not that is any of your business........but I had a major heart attack about 2 years ago and I was only 39 years old with NO risk factors. I was not over weight, non smoker, ect. Since the heart attack I have heart damage and on tons of meds to keep me alive that made me gain weight, swell up like a balloon and thinned my hair, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Most women do things to feel better about their appearance, such as wear make up, paint their nails, color their hair, ect. The one thing I feel like I have to make my appearance better is wear neat & ironed clothes. May seem silly to others but that is what works for me!

Thanks for all the people who helped with nice tips and didn't try to judge me for wanting something that was important to me.

Thank you ....for those who suggested the dry cleaning bags and putting my items in the shower for the steam! That is what I will be trying! :)