No irons?

luv-my-kids

I was told by a coworker that Celebrity does not have self serve laundry rooms on the ship. I have been on several cruises and always iron everything in my suitcase before I wear it. I am just weird like that! I do not want any wrinkles in my clothes. I have tried the wrinkle spay and also the steamers and have had no luck!

Please tell me this is NOT true!

Happened to me too - I had to go to the "Naughty Room" to retrieve my luggage and they removed my travel iron and gave it back to me on the last night. I was able to keep my hair tongs though! We used the ship pressing service for formal shirts and anything else that was a bit creased, we hung in the bathroom with the door closed and the shower on at the highest heat for a while - worked fine and everyone is in the same position.

I was told by a coworker that Celebrity does not have self serve laundry rooms on the ship. I have been on several cruises and always iron everything in my suitcase before I wear it. I am just weird like that! I do not want any wrinkles in my clothes. I have tried the wrinkle spay and also the steamers and have had no luck!

No irons or steamers allowed on Celebrity ships fleetwide, they will be confiscated if seen. Also, there are no ironing rooms and they will not lend you one for the room. Here is a link to the prices for laundry service if you are interested.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faq.do?pagename=footer_pages_faq#2

WOW! I would not have booked if I would have know this. I didn't do my homework well. I have to bring 2 large suitcases with tons of clothes. I am a heart patient and sometimes I swell from my meds. I never know what is going to be too tight. I will not wear half my items and do not want to pay to send them all out to be ironed. It would cost several hundred dollars. I am really in disbelief that they do not have atleat one self serve laundry room on the ship for the guests. If I'm digging in my suitcase and want to slip a pair of shorts on, I don't want to call and send it out to be pressed.

I can see the safety concern with an iron, but not being able to bring a steamer just does not make sense to me.

I guess I will have to make "good use" of my drink package. That way I will forget I'm a wrinkled mess. LOL

WOW! I would not have booked if I would have know this. I didn't do my homework well. I have to bring 2 large suitcases with tons of clothes. I am a heart patient and sometimes I swell from my meds. I never know what is going to be too tight. I will not wear half my items and do not want to pay to send them all out to be ironed. It would cost several hundred dollars. I am really in disbelief that they do not have atleat one self serve laundry room on the ship for the guests. If I'm digging in my suitcase and want to slip a pair of shorts on, I don't want to call and send it out to be pressed.

I can see the safety concern with an iron, but not being able to bring a steamer just does not make sense to me.

I guess I will have to make "good use" of my drink package. That way I will forget I'm a wrinkled mess. LOL

Hi,:) I have used drycleaner bags for packing for many years. They

definitely help in the "prevention of wrinkles"......use them between

layers. The plastic acts as a buffer and it works really well.

As for not booking if you had known they don't offer self serve

laundry services? Sorry you feel that way.....maybe you will feel

differently after you board the ship and end up having a wonderful

time anyway:D

If you pack using things like dry cleaning bags, your clothes won't necessarily be a 'wrinkled mess'. And Downy Wrinkle Release works wonders on some fabrics (t-shirts, polo shirts - anything but heavy cotton).

On one of our TransAtlantic cruises I met a woman whose bag didn't make it to the ship. She went without all of her luggage (except carry-on) for the first 7 days of the cruise. She had exactly 2 outfits - the one she wore when she boarded, and a top and pants she was able to buy in the ship's store (most stuff didn't fit her). She made a joke about it and told everyone she was just going to just drink her way through the cruise ... bottom line, she made the best of the situation and no one cared what she was wearing.

But if this is really going to ruin your cruise, depending on when you're sailing you could always cancel and select another line ... but know that Royal Caribbean has the same policy!

All I can say is Wow!

I have never been a wrinkled mess as I pack carefully, chose the right fabrics, use dry-cleaner bags, hang my clothes as soon as I get to the cabin so I don't have to dig in the suitcase and occasionally hang something in the bathroom when I shower. We have never had to send anything out to be pressed and used the laundry only once on a 14 night cruise.

Have you made final payment? If not, you could cancel and try Carnival, they have laundry rooms.

No Iron are allow on Celebrity Ships. When they scan your suit cases they will remove the iron. Happened to my wife.

On one of our Celebrity cruises some years ago, we saw a pile of about 40 irons on a large table near the gangway, waiting to be claimed by their owners as we disembarked. Surprised how many people still try to bring irons on board. I do agree it would be nice to have guest laundry rooms as on some lines. However, the laundry and dry cleaning service on board is not too unreasonable (and much safer). Not good to have a fire aboard a cruise ship!

They do allow steamers. I was just on Summit. My iron was confiscated upon boarding, the woman behind me had a steamer in her luggage, the scanner picked it up, but she was allowed to bring it on.

Princess has a a laundry area with an iron on each floor.

Edited by underthebluemoon

Steamers are listed on the "do not bring" list, but as with many things, enforcement may be spotty. The screener may not have realized what it was

They knew what it was. They pulled it out of her bag and the box said Steamer. I said, Oh,okay, steamers are okay? Scanner person, said, Yes. :confused:

Before we left, my overly neat husband ironed every piece of his clothing, to the point of me calling him a "weirdo." (we are very different.) I roll my clothes like a joint (thanks to the 70s) and jam them into that bag like sardines in a can, packing as much as I can get in under 50 pounds. I ended up not needing one thing ironed. My husband, I have to say, looked a wee bit wrinkly, but that wrinkle release did the trick.

Edited by underthebluemoon

To the Original Poster: I promise you that no one will look askance at wrinkled clothing. The anti-wrinkle spray isn't as good as an iron, of course, but will definitely make your clothing "presentable." Everyone else is in the same boat (heh). Please relax and have an amazing cruise!

can't do that as not only are there no facilities on board for you to use you may NOT Bring anything on board with you.

pressing is half the cost of dry cleaning and there are many ways to pack that reduces or eliminates wrinkles.

WOW! If I'm digging in my suitcase and want to slip a pair of shorts on, I don't want to call and send it out to be pressed.

umm nobody is going to want pressed creases on their shorts.. not even Bermudas. do what I do and pack knits and other travel friendly clothes.. yes even my Formal night gown is a knit/stretchy fabric. Linen and seersucker is SUPPOSED to be wrinkled and I love my broomstick skirts for evening.

I shake my head at both extremes..the ones who want to wear wife beaters and flip flops 24/7 and the ones that insist that their tighty witeys be ironed.

WOW, please do not get all upset, as no one will have an iron and no one will say a word or look twice if your cloths are a l little wrinkled. You are on vacation, go and have fun. That is a VERY minor thing to worry about. Instead of standing at an ironing board, just have a great cruise !!!