No irons?

luv-my-kids

Thanks for all they great "packing tips". I have never tried packing items in dry cleaning bags. That seems like it will help. My suitcase is always stuffed so tight my clothes are always wrinkled when I get where I'm going, especially my dresses.

I am going to also think about the material of the clothes I bring. I normally do not put alot of thought into packing, but this time I will. :)

I was told by a coworker that Celebrity does not have self serve laundry rooms on the ship. I have been on several cruises and always iron everything in my suitcase before I wear it. I am just weird like that! I do not want any wrinkles in my clothes. I have tried the wrinkle spay and also the steamers and have had no luck!

Please tell me this is NOT true!

I'm really quite a lot like you. Really hate rinkles but if you don't like the policies of "NO Ironing Room on Celebrity" maybe it's time to stay with Princess or Norwegian.

If your on Celebrity, Do Like Me...... just send your Gotta be Ironed down to the Laundry Department and move on. :D

I was SO hoping this thread would plummet into the negative realm, as so many other threads do...where the anti-wrinkle posters start crucifying the pro-wrinkle posters for having to be subjected to viewing their horrid :eek: wrinkles in public areas and saying things like Take your wrinkly butt and go sail Carnival, and We won't miss you!!...and then the pro-wrinkle posters say, Suck it, if you don't like our wrinkles, don't look at them, and I wouldn't want to be on a sailing with overly-pressed nerds like you anyway!

But, alas, seems it's not going to happen on this thread, I'm afraid. :p

Thanks for all they great "packing tips". I have never tried packing items in dry cleaning bags. That seems like it will help. My suitcase is always stuffed so tight my clothes are always wrinkled when I get where I'm going, especially my dresses.

I am going to also think about the material of the clothes I bring. I normally do not put alot of thought into packing, but this time I will. :)

Glad to see you're staying positive and going to re-think your packing:).

There are some great youtube videos which show you how to lay your clothes back and forth over the suitcase, the link was posted on another thread.

I agree, overstuffing does tend to wrinkle, maybe try packing a little less.

The 'rolling' method really works.

Downy wrinkle spray is helpful.

And here's a steam trick for the shower: there is a round fan vent in the ceiling of the bathroom which is trying to suck all the moist air out of the bathroom. When I want my shower to steam up the whole bathroom because I have clothes on hangers to steam, I put a single sheet of paper up against the fan. The fan holds the paper in place and blocks the air going into the ducts. This allows the bathroom to get very steaming and fixes all my laundry problems.

My other trick is to bring clothes pins so I can pin any hand wash items to the deck chairs to dry.

I always cruise with just a 22 inch carry on and a small day pack so I've learned to chose my clothes carefully and only bring what I know I will wear. No more 'just in case items'.

My suitcase is always stuffed so tight my clothes are always wrinkled when I get where I'm going, especially my dresses.

Lesson number one for cruising: lay out all the clothes you think you will wear on the cruise. then put half back. 'specially these days when over weight luggage gets slammed with hefty fees on top of what the airline normally charges. we drive to port and do this. 3 bottoms in neutral colors( black, khaki, brown, or navy) is enough to get you through dinner on a 7 night cruise.

for day wear, mix and match shorts and casual tops( i am a sundress kinda gal and seldom wear shorts but these too take up little room plus the added bonus of not having to change for dinner)

a couple of nicer tops for formal night.

you really only need 2 or 3 pairs of shoes.. comfy walking shoes for sightseeing, a neutral pair of sandals for dinner and shower shoes/flip flops for the pool deck.

A few wrinkles are fine, you'll fit right in. Relax, you are on vacation and no one is looking.

Not true ,I am looking. How am I expected to enjoy my vacation when others on board have wrinkled clothing ? It's bad enough some have wrinkled skin! What's next,drinking alcohol at the bars ?

I am so glad that I saw this thread, as my DW bought me two dress shirts for Christmas, which I have left packed as bought, intending to iron them on-board. Now I can remove them and iron before packing, remembering the plastic bags and anti-wrinkle spray.

nb. does the anti-wrinkle spray work on human bodies?

WOW! I would not have booked if I would have know this. I didn't do my homework well. I have to bring 2 large suitcases with tons of clothes. I am a heart patient and sometimes I swell from my meds. I never know what is going to be too tight. I will not wear half my items and do not want to pay to send them all out to be ironed. It would cost several hundred dollars. I am really in disbelief that they do not have atleat one self serve laundry room on the ship for the guests. If I'm digging in my suitcase and want to slip a pair of shorts on, I don't want to call and send it out to be pressed.

I can see the safety concern with an iron, but not being able to bring a steamer just does not make sense to me.

I guess I will have to make "good use" of my drink package. That way I will forget I'm a wrinkled mess. LOL

Im pretty sure irons are not allowed on any cruise line. Its a fire hazard.

Just browsed thru this whole thread. Surprised no one has mentioned the lazy business mans technique. Hang your clothes in the bathroom while you take a hot shower and the steam from the shower will help take the wrinkles out.

Use this all the time, even in hotels where there is an iron

Just browsed thru this whole thread. Surprised no one has mentioned the lazy business mans technique. Hang your clothes in the bathroom while you take a hot shower and the steam from the shower will help take the wrinkles out.

Use this all the time, even in hotels where there is an iron

While waiting for your morning coffee to kick in, try posts #4, 14 and 32. :)

WOW! I would not have booked if I would have know this. I didn't do my homework well. I have to bring 2 large suitcases with tons of clothes. I am a heart patient and sometimes I swell from my meds. I never know what is going to be too tight. I will not wear half my items and do not want to pay to send them all out to be ironed. It would cost several hundred dollars. I am really in disbelief that they do not have atleat one self serve laundry room on the ship for the guests. If I'm digging in my suitcase and want to slip a pair of shorts on, I don't want to call and send it out to be pressed.

I can see the safety concern with an iron, but not being able to bring a steamer just does not make sense to me.

I guess I will have to make "good use" of my drink package. That way I will forget I'm a wrinkled mess. LOL

Oh for goodness'~sake! Live with it!