My Celebrity, what a pain

MarkusToe

Booked a Cruise with a TA

There where TA Group Space available, giving me some advantages in price.

Now the problem: looking on my c homepage, first page, show booked

Cruise details show: on hold, I'm Not able to add p.e. excursions, do deposit

payment, but done already. CC account show payment was done to X

Wrote mail to X already, answer was: go to your TA

TA said: checked at X, all ok

Any Idea?

Markus

Basically, the problem is that Celebrity has ZERO computer skills! Their website is awful and does not (can not) keep up. The flip side is that since you went through a TA, Celebrity will refuse to talk with you....your TA will have to do that. You will also have to do all your payments through your TA.

Your cruise will show as ON HOLD for upwards of several weeks. Somehow mysteriously it will show BOOKED. Your 1,2,3 Go promo won't ever show up unless you upgrade to the premium package.

Shore Excursions may or may not come available, we book our own because X's website is just soooo awful. In the past, when we have booked through X, I have called the Cruise Enhancements group to do so. Not had much luck doing so through their site. :(

The GOOD news is that you are booked. Try to overlook the website....it is NOT indicative of the onboard product!

I had this happen on my first cruise. I checked with my TA who just said everything was okay (I don't think she could be bothered to contact Celebrity.) It took several weeks, but it did eventually resolve. I can't say for sure, but I think it might have been when the group booking closed that the reservation status changed from On Hold to Booked.

Have your TA call X and tell them to fix your status in both places in their database. If the rep doesn't seem to know what your TA is talking about have them ask for a supervisor.

Steve

For whatever reason this happens, calling the TA and asking them to call X is a waste of time because it will flip back to ON HOLD again sooner or later. It happened to me and I just left it the 2nd time. It is related to the TA's group booking hold and it has nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do including making payment. Relax, it's ok. I know I didn't believe at the time I was experiencing it for myself, but it did all work out.

I don't know how far out your cruise is, but excursions might not be available yet anyway if it's too far into the future.

I booked with a travel agent also and was having issues booking excursions. I called the 800 number and they helped me to book everything I wanted, they even offered different times for them which was really helpful. Sometimes talking to a real person who is eager to help is such a great service that most of us overlook. Give it a try, for excursions they will book without the TA. Hope it helps and good luck.

Yesterday I signed on no problems - all of my reservations were as they should be. Drink package was listed, fine. Today I went to sign in and user name was visible, but password when typed in was invisible but worked. No drink packages on all three booked cruises.

Only celebrity and the government could have this many problems with their IT department; government was able to fix there's.

Luckily I did a screen print prior to changes. So if your booking becomes correct, print a copy.

Hal

Basically, the problem is that Celebrity has ZERO computer skills! Their website is awful and does not (can not) keep up. The flip side is that since you went through a TA, Celebrity will refuse to talk with you....your TA will have to do that. You will also have to do all your payments through your TA.

!

This happens to me everytime I book with a certain TA. I call Celebrity and eventually someone can can fix it. Usually a supervisor. It is very annoying.
For these reasons I booked direct with Celebrity this time.

My previous X cruise gave me some OBC by booking with a on-line TA

but not enough to make it worth the hassle.

BTW, when I tried to pay off my up-coming cruise on-line, it was not accepted.

The Celebrity site wouldn't let me pay for the cruise because I had booked by phone with them.

The system "held" the payment but wouldn't apply it.

It took a week for these charges to "drop off"

but not before I had makes multiple calls to find out what was happening.

Unbelievable! :mad:

If it shows 'On Hold' the TA has not sent your money in to Celebrity yet. It will show 'Booked' when they have the deposit in office. Then you can move forward.

Sorry, but this is not true. I had verified with X that my deposit had been received, because this was my primary concern when my booking kept flipping from on hold to booked, then back to on hold again.

Always have the TA send you the Celebrity guest invoice. This would be the authoritative state of your account.

We have experienced this as well. It was reported to us that it was due to the TA group still being open. It was a long time before it went to booked status. Our credit card was billed by Celebrity promptly so I wouldn't believe that it meant that your TA hadn't paid Celebrity.

Like I said the Celebrity guest invoice would clearly show the state of your account. This is readily available from your TA.

Your cruise will show as ON HOLD for upwards of several weeks. Somehow mysteriously it will show BOOKED. Your 1,2,3 Go promo won't ever show up unless you upgrade to the premium package.

Shore Excursions may or may not come available, we book our own because X's website is just soooo awful. In the past, when we have booked through X, I have called the Cruise Enhancements group to do so. Not had much luck doing so through their site. :(

The GOOD news is that you are booked. Try to overlook the website....it is NOT indicative of the onboard product!

I booked twice for this year with a certain TA. Both times, once they emailed me the reservation numbers I logged onto MyCelebrity and it was showing as on hold. I emailed the agent and it was fixed within an hour. Our Classic Drinks Package under the 123 Promo also shows up online. All shore excursions for both cruises are fully available.

Any Idea?

Markus

The reason it is happened because you book with group rate. Until entire group cabins would be either sold out or will be released by TA, you status will be "on hold"... It's nothing to do with Celebrity website.

We had this issue before: it's inconvenient but you're getting better price.

Any Idea?

Markus

So if you have reserved through a TA, usually it is a "group" booking and it is up to the agent to make any changes or updates. It would not be the fault of Celebrity's website. As I understand it, and have experienced it, until the TA turns everything in, it would not show you anything but "booked".