Lifeboat Drills In The Cold

Artemus

The Lifeboat drills on Carnival ships are

Fantasy class (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, Paradise) Is in your muster station inside the ship one station is on Lido deck. After you meet at your station and listen to the briefing you will go outside to the lifeboats

Spirit class (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Conquest class (Conquest, Valor, Freedom, Liberty, Glory) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Triumph/Destiny class (Triumph, Victory) Muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Sunshine muster stations are outside by the lifeboats. One station is in the Liquid Lounge.

Splendor muster stations are outside by the lifeboats.

Dream class (Dream, Magic and Breeze) Muster stations are inside the ship. You do not go up to the lifeboats.

Interesting, thanks for sharing

No need - the Titanic will not happen again.........
Nor will Costa Concordia.

Or will it, in another 100 years?

Truth is...every one of these awful events improves the Safety Of Life At Sea

but it helps immensely too

to have smart clever mobile passengers (who aren't drunk at the time) as well. ;)

I haven't sailed on Carnival since 2006, do they check everyone off of a list at the muster stations now to make sure that everyone attends?

They don't check people in per se, but they do take a headcount for each station. Princess and HAL (Carnival Corp. brands) have both kicked off cruisers who tried skipping out on muster. The stewards check each cabin and insert a red plastic card into your door to show they cleared the cabin.

They do the safety drills outside by your lifeboat so that you know where the lifeboat is in case, God forbid, you actually need to board it in order to save your life. A few minutes in the cold is hardly a big sacrifice.

They don't check people in per se, but they do take a headcount for each station. Princess and HAL (Carnival Corp. brands) have both kicked off cruisers who tried skipping out on muster. The stewards check each cabin and insert a red plastic card into your door to show they cleared the cabin.

I've never seen a count on 22 cruises. The only "checks and balances" are the cards the cabin steward slips in your key slot once you are seen headed to muster.

Royal Caribbean used to check the cabin numbers off once they saw your life vest, but Carnival has never made a head count.

On the Ecstasy one of the muster stations is around the drink dispenser on the lido deck. People approach from many different directions at the same time with no accurate way to count.

The Triumph last month was the same, line up against the wall and wait for the cruise director and captains announcements. Not so bad.

BTW Carnival Brides, we sailed the Glory from Boston last summer and it was our favorite cruise. 4 ports, 7 days and what a great ship!

Edited by BallFour4

I've never seen a count on 22 cruises. The only "checks and balances" are the cards the cabin steward slips in your key slot once you are seen headed to muster.

Royal Caribbean used to check the cabin numbers off once they saw your life vest, but Carnival has never made a head count.

On the Ecstasy one of the muster stations is around the drink dispenser on the lido deck. People approach from many different directions at the same time with no accurate way to count.

The Triumph last month was the same, line up against the wall and wait for the cruise director and captains announcements. Not so bad.

BTW Carnival Brides, we sailed the Glory from Boston last summer and it was our favorite cruise. 4 ports, 7 days and what a great ship!

The first cruise I'd ever noticed the counting on was our Glory b2b last summer. I'm not sure what it proved since they don't know who is who, but there was definitely someone in a white uniform counting at our muster station.

We did two b2bs out of Boston and we loved it. I'd love to do the 7 day, but as a former New Englander I'm not excited about Boston and Portland. I wish they'd done a full season this summer, but they didn't and now we can look into other lines and ports.

Edited by Carnival_Brides