Hotel??

LivininPA

Anyone have comments on which would be a better hotel for precruise in Lauderdale?

Extended Stay America by the port or the Comfort Suites Airport. Like the location of Extended but Comfort sounds like a nicer stay and it almost equals out if we have to pay for the shuttle from airport to Extended.

Thanks for any input!

Anyone have comments on which would be a better hotel for precruise in Lauderdale?

Extended Stay America by the port or the Comfort Suites Airport. Like the location of Extended but Comfort sounds like a nicer stay and it almost equals out if we have to pay for the shuttle from airport to Extended.

Thanks for any input!

Hyatt Place on 10th.

Excellent location and value.

Go to valuetrips.com and see what you can get the Hyatt Place for on your date. Best site to book it. You will be near the port as well as stores and restauarants. Better location for precruise.

Head to the Florida departures board for TONS of recs.

Edited by eandj

I stay at Embassy Suites on 17th street. if you get on one of the top floor of the hotel you see the ships in the harbor.. you also get free breafest in the morning and they have a Managers coctail party the night before with lots of appatisers .

Thanks for any input!

I have never stayed at the Extended Stay. We drive down and have used the Comfort Inn drive & stay program. But the Hilton Garden Inn across the street is MUCH nicer. Comfort Inn is getting pretty seedy

Although the Embassy Suites has been renovated, you can't change the atrium design. If you're there and there's a prom going on (second time we were there) or a big work party, it can be quite noisy until 12 or 1am. If you stay there, aim for the Exec. Level because it's nicer than the others and a little farther away from the noise.

Go to valuetrips.com and see what you can get the Hyatt Place for on your date. Best site to book it. You will be near the port as well as stores and restauarants. Better location for precruise.

Head to the Florida departures board for TONS of recs.

I attempted to book Hyatt Place for 3/29 and 4/5 and they said that they had no discounted rooms available and to contact the hotel directly.

I vote no for the Comfort Inn...yes it's a bit seedy.

I agree, we arrived one time very late.

After 3 rooms all filthy we left at 1:00am and went 2 blocks over to the Hyatt Place. We have been hooked ever since.

Second choice would be the Renaissance next to the port entrance on 17th st. :)

Thanks for any input!

We stayed at the extended stay. Run, do not walk from this hotel! Many hotels near the port this close to sailing are either full of have high prices. We were able to get a Renaissance for ~$260/ night.

We stayed at the extended stay. Run, do not walk from this hotel! Many hotels near the port this close to sailing are either full of have high prices. We were able to get a Renaissance for ~$260/ night.

Richard, are you trying the Renaissance close to port on SE 17th St? I have been thinking whether to choose this one or the Hilton (next door) for our 1 night pre-cruise in 2015.

Usually do the Princess transfers and stay in Miami before being driven by coach up to join ship at Ft. L.....but might do our thing next year.

Can you take pics for us if you stay at Renaissance please?

cheers

Your good friends

Pete & Sally

go through your T/A and get a discount at the Embassy suites/ Princess I am pay less then then u r for two nights

Edited by ronl

Okay. We got the Extended Stay for $180 a while back--good rate. DId you have specific problems with the hotel or just the rate they list now? Saw many good reviews on tripadvisor.

Have a couple others we can get, but we basically just need a bed near a decent restaurant for a nice dinner.

Richard, are you trying the Renaissance close to port on SE 17th St? I have been thinking whether to choose this one or the Hilton (next door) for our 1 night pre-cruise in 2015.

Usually do the Princess transfers and stay in Miami before being driven by coach up to join ship at Ft. L.....but might do our thing next year.

Can you take pics for us if you stay at Renaissance please?

cheers

Your good friends

Pete & Sally

We're staying at the Renaissance in 7 days. We got a much better price going through Jet Blue vacations. You can't do it on the website because it forces you to book a hotel for 7 nights. If you call them they can book your flight and the hotel for 1 night.

In the past I have gotten good deals at the Renaissance through Horwire. It seems to be the only 4 star hotel in the “Los Olas-Downtown-Port Everglades” area. If you book several months ahead (for February) the rates have been in the $120 range. If you book a couple of months ahead the rates go up to the $175 range.

The Hyatt Place is quite nice, but shouldn’t be priced as high as the Renaissance.

I also Do NOT recommend the Extended Stay. I stayed there two years ago because I got a very good deal. I wouldn’t do it again.

I have spent the past couple days looking for a pre-cruise hotel for our June cruise. I was looking for something that had any combination of things: free parking as we are driving from South Carolina, free breakfast (it is me, my hubby and two teenage boys, so free breakfast is nice), clean, safe, and not too expensive since we won't be there very long so no frills is ok. I found the days inn, which, on trip advisor has a positive rating of 73%. From a website called hotelnparking.com I found a room there for $105. The price included the room, breakfast for, free parking, free cruise parking for up to 14 days, and transfer to the port for 2.