Royal: Chef's Table/Wine Maker's Dinner

Longhorn Cruiser

On the Royal Princess, how and where does one make reservations for either the Chef's Table or the Wine Maker's Dinner? What nights are these offered? Is it easy to get a reservation?

I know the Chef's table is $115 and the Wine Maker's is $40 per person. Do these prices include the wine pairings?

• 5 months later...
dmwnc1959 - how did you book the Wine Makers Dinner and is it offered only on certain nights?

I am not Dave but did book the Wine Makers Dinner on the Royal by calling the DINE line as soon as boarding. Our 18 day Med/TA cruise was port intensive in the Med with many sea days later which was when we had the dinner. When calling they did not tell us when the dinner would be & called a couple of days in advance. Like the Chef's Table it's a mystery as to when they're offered but my experience was on a sea day.

It's been reported that there are three different menus/wine pairings and we had the Michael Mondavi dinner. Here's a link to the menu we had on the Royal Princess: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=292057&d=1383703495

Edited by Astro Flyer

I am not Dave but did book the Wine Makers Dinner on the Royal by calling the DINE line as soon as boarding. Our 18 day Med/TA cruise was port intensive in the Med with many sea days later which was when we had the dinner. When calling they did not tell us when the dinner would be & called a couple of days in advance. Like the Chef's Table it's a mystery as to when they're offered but my experience was on a sea day.

It's been reported that there are three different menus/wine pairings and we had the Michael Mondavi dinner. Here's a link to the menu we had on the Royal Princess: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=292057&d=1383703495

Thanks this helps!!:)

Longhorn Cruiser,

Hook'em! We were on the Royal last year and I called the Dine Line for the Chef's Table the minute we got to our room. They took our information and said we were on a waiting list (that worried me, as we were on board really early -- in our room by 12:30). Sure enough, a few days later got the call that we were in, and to meet the chef in one of the lounges the day before. It was a wonderful experience that we will never forget, as the room is as much a part of it as the food and wine. We will probably opt for the Wine Maker's dinner this time, as it is a smaller hit to the pocketbook.

Are you on the Royal anytime soon?

Ann \nn/

I've heard the chef's table on the Royal is overpriced, but I found the Wine Maker's Dinner to be a real steal. Lovely room, lovely dinner, great service, and unlimited pourings. We booked it on the Inaugural TA, and I seem to recall that even on that sailing the dinner wasn't filled to capacity. We were maybe lucky to have such convivial tablemates...but after a few glasses of wine, darn near everyone is convivial.

Highly recommended.

We booked it on the Inaugural TA, and I seem to recall that even on that sailing the dinner wasn't filled to capacity.

We sailed on the same cruise & after leaving the Med talked to several people who tried to book it but all of the WM dinners were already booked. I enjoyed it very much & hope to get it on our future Royal & Regal cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were also on the Royal TA last year and were able to book both the Wine Makers dinner and the Chef's table. We had a friend on the previous cruise who booked it for us before anyone new had boarded the ship. We had a whole group of 12 people at each event. In my personal opinion I thought the wine makers dinner was a fantastic value for $40pp and the Chef's table over priced. But the food at the Chef's table was more high end and pleasing to the eye. You also get a cook book and a photo from it too. I am very glad we did both events but because of the price we will not be doing the chef's table again. Besides, I don't need any more cook books.

BTW, just got off the Ruby and the wine makers dinner was not offered.