RC visa point redemtion

booboojoy

hi, I redeemed points into obc. I did it online. it was very easy and they asked sail date and ship name. I did receive receipt of the transaction..now my question.....

do I need to do anything else with this?

thank you

hi, I redeemed points into obc. I did it online. it was very easy and they asked sail date and ship name. I did receive receipt of the transaction..now my question.....

do I need to do anything else with this?

thank you

You don't need anything else, you should be fine.

However, I like to have an updated booking confirmation that shows the on board credit. You can call Royal and ask them to send you this via email.

Redemptions are applied based on the date of your cruise. So if your cruise is further in the distance it may take a bit longer for your redemption to be posted.

If you book direct with Royal, royal can advise, if you book through a Travel Agency you would have you Agent follow up.

Hope it is okay to hijack this thread since the original question has been answered. Can I use some/all of my points to pay for my GS on explorer cruise next September?

I believe you can, but depending on how you use them, you may not be able to get your balcony discount. If I remember correctly, if you use them for a discount ($50/5,000 points) you're ok, but if you use them as a cruise vacation (i.e. minimum available OV room) they're not combinable.

I believe you can, but depending on how you use them, you may not be able to get your balcony discount. If I remember correctly, if you use them for a discount ($50/5,000 points) you're ok, but if you use them as a cruise vacation (i.e. minimum available OV room) they're not combinable.

I believe this is correct. I also think there are one or two other redemptions that cannot be combined with a balcony discount. I think one of those is a free companion fare.

I believe this is correct. I also think there are one or two other redemptions that cannot be combined with a balcony discount. I think one of those is a free companion fare.

Correct!!! You can't use your balcony discount OR any special pricing. It was a lot friendlier before they made changes last year.:o

CRUISE VACATIONS

Cruise Rewards are not valid on Christmas Sailings and New Year Sailings. Cruise Reward Redemptions may not be combined with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Companion Fare Rewards, Cruise Rewards, Upgrade Rewards, Cruise Discount Rewards, other promotional offers and/or other Crown and Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. Cruise Fares are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. The guest or travel agent may call Royal Caribbean International for details regarding combinability with Price Programs. Cruise Rewards are valid only for oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view staterooms. Fares are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".

UPGRADES

Stateroom upgrades are not valid on Christmas Sailings and New Year Sailings. Stateroom upgrades are available only for the specific combinations shown above and are subject to availability. Other upgrade combinations, including but not limited to upgrades from balcony staterooms to suites or penthouse staterooms are not available. Upgrades may not be combined with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Companion Fare Rewards, Cruise Rewards, other promotional coupons and/or other Crown and Anchor Society, Captain’s Club or Le Club Voyage promotions and benefits. Upgrades are also not combinable with restricted pricing including, but not limited to, RSale, CSale, Residential rates, senior rates, and military rates. The guest or travel agent may call Royal Caribbean International for details regarding combinability with Price Programs. Upgrades are valid from an interior to minimum available oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view stateroom or an oceanview, Boardwalk® view or Central Park® view to minimum available balcony, excluding suites. The guest can upgrade from, but cannot upgrade to any stateroom to which a "Guarantee rate" applies. Stateroom categories vary from vessel to vessel. The guest cannot upgrade to or from family staterooms, or upgrade from staterooms to which selected special pricing programs apply. Upgrades are not applicable on new ships during their first 13 months in operation, also known as, their ‘Inaugural Season".

The guest or travel agent must call Royal Caribbean International at 1-888-305-4626 to make cruise reservations and arrange Reward Redemptions to be placed on an open reservation. Any MyCruise Rewards

Edited by molly361