20/20 - Friday, Janury 17

Gamecock_Cruiser

Did anyone just watch the 20/20 episode?

How do you 'just fall' over the rails? I'm 6ft 3in and the rail is over my waste. I don't see no way that you can just lean and fall of. She had to be sitting on the rail, jumped over, or someone pushed her.

I agree that with 20/20 that they should have reviewed the footage as soon as it was called in that she was in the water instead of searching the ship for her for 20 minutes.

We just watched it. Yes the girl admitted she was drunk and doesn't know how she fell over. Yes I don't know why the cruise ship didn't turn around when her friends said she fell over and they saw it on the camera. No I don't think you should sue because Carnival did not stop her from drinking.

Just watched the report also and I am truly curious as to how she managed to fall overboard. The balcony rail was a little above my waist lever (almost to my chest) so I would've had to do some serious leaning to fall over. It looks as if she was tossed over but perhaps she was standing on one of the chairs on the deck? Anyway, the video should've been reviewed and I'm glad that she was saved. I'm curious to see how the lawsuit is going to turn out.

she had to be standing on something or someone picked her up and pushed her over and this BS its the cruise line fault because they didn't cut her off who's to say they didn't smuggle booze on the ship

My thoughts exactly. She might have had a bon voyage bottle or smuggled booze or have gotten it from someone else.

The woman is 30 years old and she does not know her limit as far as drinking goes? If she is not mature enough to know when to stop drinking maybe she is not mature enough to book a cruise. And she says she was leaning over the balcony to see the water???? well I hope she got a good look at the water when she hit it. I am glad she is safe however I have NO sympathy for this woman.

She suffered injury through her own reckless behavior and expects others to pay- what world is she livin in?

Carnival should file suit against her for the fuel spent to reverse the ship and pick her drunk butt from the ocean

She lives in a world were people sue ALL THE TIME when their stupidness causes injury to themselves. And she will probably win, just like the above poster said cuz it is cheaper for Carnival to pay out than fight a lawsuit in court.

I didn't like the fact that 20/20 made fact of 5 people going overboard, but failed to name those cruise lines. Doubt it was all on Carnival ships.

I didn't like the fact that 20/20 made fact of 5 people going overboard, but failed to name those cruise lines. Doubt it was all on Carnival ships.

And when they talked about the sensors, they made sure to say no cruise line had them except Disney, their parent company. :rolleyes:

I also have no sympathy for her with this lawsuit. You don't just fall off a cruise ship.

I don't think she jumped. She was drunk and was doing something she shouldn't have been doing and she went over. 100% her fault.

AGREE, AGREE, AGREE at what point do adults start taking responsibility for their own bad judgement!

And when they talked about the sensors, they made sure to say no cruise line had them except Disney, their parent company. :rolleyes:

I also have no sympathy for her with this lawsuit. You don't just fall off a cruise ship.

It was stated that Disney had "something" in place. ;)