Do Any Of You Take "WheresGeorge" Money On A Cruise?

frisbeewife

For those of you who are involved in WheresGeorge, do you make it a point to take marked bills with you on a cruise? It almost seems likes cheating to specifically take money so far away just to see how far it gets. But it's fun too. :)

I go though spells where I don't participate but still enjoy getting hits, and then I go through spells where I mark every bill I get my hands on. I've never taken any on a cruise, though, and think it will be interesting to see where they end up.

Has anybody else done this? How did it turn out? I think this only applies to US money, by the way.

I am saving it for an upcoming cruise. I received it in town so I want to give it an international vacation!

It is fun to see where those dollars have been. The few I have come across and registered were local and the couple I registered have not been registered by anyone so far.

If you enjoy reading, Bookcrossing.com tracks books in a similar manner

Edited by Bookish Angel

I've had bills show up on the other side of the country, and I got a $20 yesterday that was originally entered in California in 2008 and didn't have any more entries until I put it in (here in Florida). Sometimes bills get hits right away and sometimes it's years - or never - before they show up.

I'll have to check out the bookcrossing site. Thanks!

I've been doing the Where's George for about 10 years now. I seem to get about three a year. Yes, I keep them and they go in my cruise stash. I use them to purchase things at ports and also as tips for anything.

It is so much fun to get updates on where your bills have been. I've only seen the 1$ bills, altho I have heard there are bigger ones out there.

There is a stamp on them that has the Where's George logo. Just log into Where's George and input the serial number. Then use it and when the next person gets it, they might log in and post where it is also.

If thats the case, (illegal defacing etc) every one that scratches on them with that pen is doing it.

Edited by dulcimergirl

I think we've registered 66 found bills, but only about 10% have a follow up "hit". We did take one with us on our last cruise (Panama Canal) this past Xmas/New Years. I think I gave it up to the crew as a tip in the Captain's Club Lounge.

Great idea, but 99.99% of people don't bother with it. We did have one bill with four "hits" that traveled 1,600 miles and four states.

Enjoy!

Kel:)