The ABC cruise out of NYC

champagne123

If Carnival did the ABC cruise out of NY, would anyone sign up? Would LOVE to do this cruise...(I know, I know how long it would be) Just HATE to fly if I don't have to.

I think it would be a full ship.

Any downsides?

Edited by champagne123
zzzzzz

Would I like to do it? Absolutely! Is it feasible? Probably not. I could see it being a once or twice per season possibility, but not a regular trip. It would be too long of a trip for most people, both financially, and vacation time wise.

II think it would be a full ship.

Any downsides?

Aruba, Bonaire, Curacoa?

It would take a LONG time and have to agree that this will not be a full ship.

I think this sailing will be full of older, retired people as most people can only take a week off at a time

Aruba, Bonaire, Curacoa?

It would take a LONG time and have to agree that this will not be a full ship.

I think this sailing will be full of older, retired people as most people can only take a week off at a time

Agreed, but the ship from LA to Hawaii fills up and that is 15 days. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do this.

The other poster...yes, even if they only did this a couple of times a year.

Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao

Thought you might have meant that. Carnival doesnt go to Bonaire these days on the Aruba run and have wondered about that.

Long trip if they go straight down there and doesnt seem to be the Carnival style.

Most people don't have that many vacation days that they can take at once. In the school district where I work the most anyone can take off at once is 5 days and it can't be before or after a scheduled day off (holidays and state conventions). I imagine it'd be a popular idea, but not feasible for many.

The only way it might work is if they could split it into two cruises like they were going to do with the one going to Puerto Rico and returning on a separate cruise from Puerto Rico.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Southern_Carib.jpg

Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao
Out of New York??? :confused:

Barbados is as far South as Carnival normally goes

and that ship -VALOR- home ports out of San Juan, Puerto Rico!!

Edited by Aplmac

Southern_Carib.jpg

Barbados is as far South as Carnival goes

Lol...yes, I know my geography and where the Islands are. Look at the HAL, Cunard and Princess itineraries....It is DOABLE. But would enough people sign up to fill the ship? Again...UGH...WOULD LOVE THIS.:eek:

Edited by champagne123
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lol...yes, I know my geography and where the Islands are. ===> Congrats! Many don't!

Look at the HAL, Cunard and Princess itineraries....It is DOABLE.

But would enough people sign up to fill the ship?

So you book with HAL, Cunard and Princess. End of problem.

Edited by Aplmac

They can hardly get to the Eastern Caribbean out of NY.

And now that there's no Spririt class ship there, it would have to be a long cruise. The fares would plummet just to fill up a ship, and thus not profitable.

They can hardly get to the Eastern Caribbean out of NY.

And now that there's no Spririt class ship there, it would have to be a long cruise. The fares would plummet just to fill up a ship, and thus not profitable.

No offense Lace, but I do not agree. If you check out the prices for this itinerary from the other cruise lines, I think it could be VERY profitable. (as long as they filled the ship).....And the Splendor is the perfect ship to do so....as I said before, I did the 15 day to Hawaii on this ship. (and it was full to the max)

Southern_Carib.jpg

Barbados is as far South as Carnival normally goes

Carnival routinely runs two ships, Breeze and Freedom, out of Miami to Curacao and Aruba. And. will be adding 8 day cruises to the same from Orlando on the Liberty and Sunshine beginning in April......:cool:

I don't think a cruise to Hawaii is comparable to any east coast itinerary, since west coast destinations are fairly limited. It's also unfair to compare the possibility of Carnival doing and ABC cruise just because HAL, Cunard, and Princess do. Those lines have typically different demographics than Carnival.

Royal Caribbean has such a cruise on Nov.1 on the Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, and will end in Port Canaveral. Will also visit St.Maarten, Antigua & Barbados.

gosh-- got all excited and went to look-- its a 14 day cruise. No way could I do that.. (and if I could I dont know if I would waste 14 days going to these places.. I would do so for an alaskan cruise

Out of NY...for just those ports.....

No way....sea days on Carnival are boring.

Maybe if they filled it up with "intelligent" activities...such as lectures about the ports....or cultural activities relating to the ports....

But....bingo, hairy chest contests etc....not for me

This has nothing to do with cost of available time.

No offense Lace, but I do not agree. If you check out the prices for this itinerary from the other cruise lines, I think it could be VERY profitable. (as long as they filled the ship).....And the Splendor is the perfect ship to do so....as I said before, I did the 15 day to Hawaii on this ship. (and it was full to the max)

I did the 12 to to Hawaii. A bargain at $1100 per person.