Piano bar player Olga Savage?

elycelynne

I also love Michael Sara! We were on the Eurodam with him several times and I do think he was another dam ship too.

Does he still use the synthesizer diskettes along with his piano playing? I wasn't really fond of them. He's the person I'm referring to when I speak of the one piano bar guy who didn't really involve the audience all that much in terms of making it a real sing-along experience. Is that still the case, or has he gotten better in that respect? (He IS a very talented singer and musician -- I was just hoping for more crowd involvement.)

Jimmy Maddox is by far THE best piano bar player we have seen on a HAL ship.

We booked two cruises with him last year, and we closed down the PB every night.

Awesome guy, and he really creates a fun atmosphere for everyone.

He does do 'Piano Man,' with his own spin, and it is hilarious.

Jimmy Maddox is by far THE best piano bar player we have seen on a HAL ship.

We booked two cruises with him last year, and we closed down the PB every night.

Awesome guy, and he really creates a fun atmosphere for everyone.

He does do 'Piano Man,' with his own spin, and it is hilarious.

Love his rendition of Piano Man. He certainly is awesome. DH and I really enjoyed the Piano Bar on NA...along with the rest who packed the Piano Bar each night. :D

• 3 months later...

My wife and I were with Olga on the November 2013 cruise to Panama Canal. She was not only wonderful at the bar, she also spoke with us elsewhere on the ship. Such a nice person. We still keep in touch by e-mail and it looks like she might be on our next cruise. We're very excited. She says, and I believe, that she remembers all of the friends she makes on each cruise.

I checked Jimmy Maddox's website and he came off the Westerdam on April 5th and will be appearing on the Eurodam and the Oosterdam later this year. Any way to find out who will be tickling the ivories on the Westy in October of this year?

I did sail with Olga in the piano bar. Nice woman, good piano player. I did find her repertoire to be kind of limited -- She hardly knew any showtunes.

Ruth, I don't think she would be your cup of tea. She repeated a lot of songs from night-to-night (without being asked), and she played country (Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, etc.) a whole lot.

But on the upside -- She's one of the few who actually ASKED ME if I would sing something at the mic!

Edited by elycelynne

• 4 weeks later...

Realizing that several people might be interested, I am starting a list of the Piano Bar entertainers per ship for the coming year, based on their websites and other information I can find. So here is the first attempt -- others may want to add information as they find it. If this gets enough interest, we could post it as a separate thread on the HAL forum --

Artist Date Ship

Barry Rocklin 5/31/14-8/9/14 Veendam

(Barry from Boston) 9/14/14-11/16/14 Eurodam

1/13/15-7/25/15 Veendam

Michael Sara 4/4/14-11/24/14 Noordam

Jimmy Maddox thru 7/20/14 Eurodam

9/7/14-12/5/14 Oosterdam

1/4/15-3/22/15 Nieuw Amsterdam

Jamsheed Master thru 8/16/14 Maasdam

9/28/14-1/16/15 Statendam

Realizing that several people might be interested, I am starting a list of the Piano Bar entertainers per ship for the coming year, based on their websites and other information I can find. So here is the first attempt -- others may want to add information as they find it. If this gets enough interest, we could post it as a separate thread on the HAL forum --

Artist Date Ship

Barry Rocklin 5/31/14-8/9/14 Veendam

(Barry from Boston) 9/14/14-11/16/14 Eurodam

1/13/15-7/25/15 Veendam

Michael Sara 4/4/14-11/24/14 Noordam

Jimmy Maddox thru 7/20/14 Eurodam

9/7/14-12/5/14 Oosterdam

1/4/15-3/22/15 Nieuw Amsterdam

Jamsheed Master thru 8/16/14 Maasdam

9/28/14-1/16/15 Statendam

This is fantastic. Great idea and very much appreciated.

Looking forward to learning the Piano Person on Noordam's TA in October.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
I'll keep my fingers crossed he doesn't play "Piano Man"

He has been warned

So far in the current 9 nights, I've done Piano Man once. I am also a fan of bringing the largest number of different songs into play that the audience will enjoy. There is a song menu on the piano of 1,975 songs to choose from. But I'll happily go for anything I think I can get out a fair rendition of. Your best defense against repetition is to keep asking for what you love. I look forward to entertaining you. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums